MNShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rick
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I went as factory looking as I could with the pillar pods and auto meters.. I had the same dilemma tho.

285BC87A-8C8B-4E54-A8E5-33CB7CBBE6DB.jpeg
That is a nice look. Few quick questions - is that easy to revert back to stock if needed? And where did you get yours? Looks like the ones on the Shelby site are only for earlier model Mustangs. Thanks!
Sponsored

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
That is a nice look. Few quick questions - is that easy to revert back to stock if needed? And where did you get yours? Looks like the ones on the Shelby site are only for earlier model Mustangs. Thanks!
thanks! Yes this will go back to stock very easily. No perm modifications were made. I ordered the gauges And pillar pods direct from autometer. I matched them to factory gauges as closely as possible.

hey mad, your 2 gauges. 1 is boost. what is the other one? and do you know if the ngauge will fit in those a-pillar pods?
fuel pressure. Nope, ngauge won’t fit. I’ve been toying with where to put it but for now it rides in the glovebox. Thanks!

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
I went as factory looking as I could with the pillar pods and auto meters.. I had the same dilemma tho.

285BC87A-8C8B-4E54-A8E5-33CB7CBBE6DB.jpeg
Here is mine . Ford racing boost gauge /fuel pressure gauge in the vents .
E85 gauge and N gauge (removable) in steering mounted pods .
338348AA-41D8-494C-ACEE-46B0527C14B5.jpeg

thegibbs007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, F250
the P1x is a very capable head unit. I’m thinking a person could probably come close to getting 1000 rwhp out of the P1x before having to change stock internals.
Nice to see another GT350 owner close, I in JC. Currently stocking piling parts. P1X or D1X going in mine very soon.

Sponsored

Jordanfmeyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jordan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby gt350
Vehicle Showcase
Nice to see another GT350 owner close, I in JC. Currently stocking piling parts. P1X or D1X going in mine very soon.
you have a 350 in junction? Well I am pretty certain we are the only two 350 owners in this entire area! We should meet up sometime. Maybe do some cruising or something. I have never met another 350 owner since I have had mine.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
Here is mine . Ford racing boost gauge /fuel pressure gauge in the vents .
E85 gauge and N gauge (removable) in steering mounted pods .
338348AA-41D8-494C-ACEE-46B0527C14B5.jpeg
I'd like some more info on that steering column mount please:) I could see using that at times.

So I was talking to ProCharger again last in regards to my new engine build and and I just want to reiterate again on the P1x vs D1x. Either will work obviously. However, PC recommends the D1x as a better headhunt for the voodoo engine. its higher rpm, capable of more power and is more efficient at those higher rpms. Period.

thegibbs007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, F250
I'd like some more info on that steering column mount please:) I could see using that at times.

So I was talking to ProCharger again last in regards to my new engine build and and I just want to reiterate again on the P1x vs D1x. Either will work obviously. However, PC recommends the D1x as a better headhunt for the voodoo engine. its higher rpm, capable of more power and is more efficient at those higher rpms. Period.

When I emailed them they responded with....

The P-1X is very similar to a D-1X in that they’re both considered entry level street/strip superchargers. They both have the same inlet/outlet size and internal gear ratio (4.10:1). The impeller and compressor housing design is different between the two models though, which allows the D-1X to support up to 1075 HP and 1500 CFM vs the P-1X supporting 950 HP and 1275 CFM. Most customers with a stock or mostly stock engine choose the P-1X. Customers wanting 800-1000 RWHP, would be better suited with the D-1X however.

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
When I emailed them they responded with....

The P-1X is very similar to a D-1X in that they’re both considered entry level street/strip superchargers. They both have the same inlet/outlet size and internal gear ratio (4.10:1). The impeller and compressor housing design is different between the two models though, which allows the D-1X to support up to 1075 HP and 1500 CFM vs the P-1X supporting 950 HP and 1275 CFM. Most customers with a stock or mostly stock engine choose the P-1X. Customers wanting 800-1000 RWHP, would be better suited with the D-1X however.
That is correct. thats why the D1x is provided in the voodoo High Output stage II kit. Its a better blower for this engine... blowing this motor gives minimum of 700rwhp on pump 93. with a little more boost OR switching to E85 or 100 oct takes you above 800rwhp on this car so why would anyone go with P1x? Its a more efficient blower for a high rpm linear power band.

Edit to add before the hate mail starts lol: nothing wrong with P1x. but I dont know anyone who has slapped a blower on who hasn't made at least 750rwhp... which is at the ceiling of when ProCharger recommends using the D1x

thegibbs007

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, F250
That is correct. thats why the D1x is provided in the voodoo High Output stage II kit. Its a better blower for this engine... blowing this motor gives minimum of 700rwhp on pump 93. with a little more boost OR switching to E85 or 100 oct takes you above 800rwhp on this car so why would anyone go with P1x? Its a more efficient blower for a high rpm linear power band.

Edit to add before the hate mail starts lol: nothing wrong with P1x. but I dont know anyone who has slapped a blower on who hasn't made at least 750rwhp... which is at the ceiling of when ProCharger recommends using the D1x
And given the D1X is $200 upgrade more than the P1X...no brainer

Sponsored

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple

ihttps://rallyroad.net/products/e36steeringcolumnmountedgaugepods

works like a charm . I have them in 3/4 cars . It’s a convenient location for the Ngauge and allows the gauge be easily removed and used in between cars.
The angle of the POD is adjustable but will still obstruct the Tach, but you can set up the gauge to read rpm ... and more .

Last edited:

madlag

Snake Charmer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R, 2022 GT500
guys, besides the OPG and CS, how many of you (or how important is it) to also do, since we're already doing the OPGs...

MMR Billet Chain Guides / Arms Kit
MMR Billet Primary Chain Tensioners

anyone else do these also?
factory chains/tensioners/guides are good up to 1000 rwhp supposedly. I say supposedly because I don't have any first hand experience. I don't hear good things about MMR...

lightrules

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
factory chains/tensioners/guides are good up to 1000 rwhp supposedly. I say supposedly because I don't have any first hand experience. I don't hear good things about MMR...
any other brands? ford performance? i dont hear of many other brands for these parts...
Sponsored