E85 flex fuel calibration picks up almost 50whp

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Just wanted to show you guys what we have done with these cars to make a big difference in a tune only format!

That’s crazy gains with just a flex fuel tune. I wonder what the tune with FBO would be? I have full kooks headers and exhaust, JLT intake with dyno tune. I also have the proflex flex fuel kit and I’m around 530 rwhp.

Reactions: izo
OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.livernoismotorsports.com
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT (TVS 2650) (6R80)
That’s crazy gains with just a flex fuel tune. I wonder what the tune with FBO would be? I have full kooks headers and exhaust, JLT intake with dyno tune. I also have the proflex flex fuel kit and I’m around 530 rwhp.
Yeah these things sure are fun! We have tons of local guys currently using the flex fuel tune and they have had nothing but good things to say!

Sponsored

Deathvalleysc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350
Yeah these things sure are fun! We have tons of local guys currently using the flex fuel tune and they have had nothing but good things to say!
So you haven’t dynoed any gt350’s with your flex fuel system on E85 with the same or similar mods than I have? The only reason I’m asking is most set ups I’ve seen with full headers and exhaust with intake and some kind of e85 setup is around 530 rwhp. I would like to see if your tune gets more.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
So you haven’t dynoed any gt350’s with your flex fuel system on E85 with the same or similar mods than I have? The only reason I’m asking is most set ups I’ve seen with full headers and exhaust with intake and some kind of e85 setup is around 530 rwhp. I would like to see if your tune gets more.
Seems a little high, i do not believe it would read 530whp on our dyno 520 ish is a more realistic number since a catback and a cold air do not really make a massive difference

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Since this was posted as STD #'s instead of SAE, what was the correction factor on these runs? Ambient air temp? Coolant temp? That's conveniently hidden by the video window when the dyno chart is posted and none of those other factors are discussed or disclosed.

Also, was this run on "pump" E85 or "race" E85 like Ignite or One Ethanol? That definitely matters because the latter can allow for additional timing to be thrown at the car that it normally couldn't safely see otherwise.

How much timing was seen by the car and is this a calibration that you would supply to every customer or is this simply a "wring it out" calibration to where it's only really something to show dyno #'s and not be real-world liveable?

The reason I ask these questions is that posting stuff like this can be deceptive and leave customers disappointed when they don't get the same results and/or within a reasonable percentage of it.

Not attacking you guys as I like seeing your videos and stuff, I'd just like those items I pointed out addressed so everyone has a clear understanding of what you're claiming.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Since this was posted as STD #'s instead of SAE, what was the correction factor on these runs? Ambient air temp? Coolant temp? That's conveniently hidden by the video window when the dyno chart is posted and none of those other factors are discussed or disclosed.
We attached the SAE graph with conditions. Nothing was conveniently left out. I do understand that most people try to hide stuff but with our reputation we don't do that kind of stuff.

[/QUOTE]Also, was this run on "pump" E85 or "race" E85 like Ignite or One Ethanol? That definitely matters because the latter can allow for additional timing to be thrown at the car that it normally couldn't safely see otherwise.[/QUOTE]

Pump E85 and from what Dan said you can't throw more timing in the other fuels. Unless you have bad or low grade ethanol like E20-30 or something. Once you get to a certain point the knock effects from Ethanol start to diminish as the content goes up. Dan Said there is a SAE paper explaining most the gains are when you cross the E30+ threshold.

[/QUOTE]How much timing was seen by the car and is this a calibration that you would supply to every customer or is this simply a "wring it out" calibration to where it's only really something to show dyno #'s and not be real-world liveable?[/QUOTE]

This car came off the dyno and the customer is still rolling with this cal. We don't do "Dyno number cals"

[/QUOTE]The reason I ask these questions is that posting stuff like this can be deceptive and leave customers disappointed when they don't get the same results and/or within a reasonable percentage of it. [/QUOTE]

Remember all dynos are not created equal we are constantly not posting number under other people. We make the calibration right and the numbers what they are.

[/QUOTE]Not attacking you guys as I like seeing your videos and stuff, I'd just like those items I pointed out addressed so everyone has a clear understanding of what you're claiming.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for questioning us hope this helps
gt350_FFV.PNG

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Thanks for posting up the SAE chart showing those results with the temp/humidity included. The charts used in the video clearly show it being "STD Smoothing 5" so that's why I made the comments/post asking what I asked.

Not saying you guys did this, but too many people out there post SAE Smoothing 5 baseline #'s and then post STD Smoothing 5 post-mod results making the gains look exceptionally exaggerated like you have some sort of magical tuning trick that some other tuner doesn't have.

498rwhp SAE Smoothing 5 seems a little closer in-line with what others have seen with a dedicated E85 tune on an otherwise stock vehicle.

OP
OP
Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
First Name
S550 HQ
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for posting up the SAE chart showing those results with the temp/humidity included. The charts used in the video clearly show it being "STD Smoothing 5" so that's why I made the comments/post asking what I asked.

Not saying you guys did this, but too many people out there post SAE Smoothing 5 baseline #'s and then post STD Smoothing 5 post-mod results making the gains look exceptionally exaggerated like you have some sort of magical tuning trick that some other tuner doesn't have.

498rwhp SAE Smoothing 5 seems a little closer in-line with what others have seen with a dedicated E85 tune on an otherwise stock vehicle.
Not a big deal, we would rather you ask questions and get the proper answers! Baseline was also done in STD as well

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)

Also, was this run on "pump" E85 or "race" E85 like Ignite or One Ethanol? That definitely matters because the latter can allow for additional timing to be thrown at the car that it normally couldn't safely see otherwise.

How much timing was seen by the car and is this a calibration that you would supply to every customer or is this simply a "wring it out" calibration to where it's only really something to show dyno #'s and not be real-world liveable?

The reason I ask these questions is that posting stuff like this can be deceptive and leave customers disappointed when they don't get the same results and/or within a reasonable percentage of it.

Not attacking you guys as I like seeing your videos and stuff, I'd just like those items I pointed out addressed so everyone has a clear understanding of what you're claiming.
Just sent you a P/M. Mike
Sponsored