E85 flex fuel calibration picks up almost 50whp

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
FWIW, I have this setup. Truly a gas ........ (pun intended ........ :puke:) Tip in at speed in 6th is vastly improved as in all the other gears. Best bang for the buck w/o major mechanical changes.
Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
Just got back from a rapid run to the Grand Canyon. No hiccups. Even on 90 oct which is all that is available in the TX panhandle.

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
They will take your old N gauge in trade and issue a credit against the new equipment.

Sponsored

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Bummer. I have a 93 Octane tune from Lund I really like. Would hate to get rid of that one if it means replacing the device.
Or you could just have Lund do an E85 tune for you.

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Does your tune come with an E85 sensor?
No, the stock computer will not support a true Flex Fuel Sensor like GM vehicles do and have from the factory.

These calibrations from all the tuning companies use the wideband O2 sensors that are on the car from the factory to sense the ethanol content that is present in the exhaust and based upon that ratio it adjusts accordingly. It is not a true Flex Fuel system.

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
Wideband O2 sensor cannot sense the amount of alcohol....

only thing it can do is measure the oxygen level, so that means that all the flex fuel tune does is advance the timing until it detects knock and then back it off.

Im curious why the ethanol analyzer is so difficult to incorporate?

Does the ecu not have an available input? Its just 0-5v signal that is linear according to the amount of ethanol.

No, the stock computer will not support a true Flex Fuel Sensor like GM vehicles do and have from the factory.

These calibrations from all the tuning companies use the wideband O2 sensors that are on the car from the factory to sense the ethanol content that is present in the exhaust and based upon that ratio it adjusts accordingly. It is not a true Flex Fuel system.

Sponsored

CobraCommander

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nate
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Wideband O2 sensor cannot sense the amount of alcohol....

only thing it can do is measure the oxygen level, so that means that all the flex fuel tune does is advance the timing until it detects knock and then back it off.

Im curious why the ethanol analyzer is so difficult to incorporate?

Does the ecu not have an available input? Its just 0-5v signal that is linear according to the amount of ethanol.
It is sensing it in the way of Lambda reading and making the appropriate adjustments.

Ford has been well behind GM on Flex Fuel technology for a long, long time.

It's not difficult to incorporate from a technology standpoint. It's the cost of doing that to their entire product line that is the problem. You can do it to any of these vehicles, it's just you can't do it and maintain a stock computer system as there is nothing there to monitor or adjust to it in the factory systems from Ford.

D K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Popemobile
A super easy fix would be to find a 0-5v input.
Is that possible? Maybe you can get rid or cruise control or somehting...?

I know a lot of people who have had issues with the O2 sensor calibrating the tune.

It might work if you want to run one or the other - either full gas or full E85, but in order to do it properly and vary it to infinite degree - you need an ethanol sensor.

It is sensing it in the way of Lambda reading and making the appropriate adjustments.

Ford has been well behind GM on Flex Fuel technology for a long, long time.

It's not difficult to incorporate from a technology standpoint. It's the cost of doing that to their entire product line that is the problem. You can do it to any of these vehicles, it's just you can't do it and maintain a stock computer system as there is nothing there to monitor or adjust to it in the factory systems from Ford.

G_Rock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Is this product still supported by Livernois? I can't even find it on their website anymore.

G_Rock

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Grant
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I just received my handheld and sent my info over. So yes
I just hadn't seen any talk about it in a while. I got mine last year and after a few tanks of e85, it didn't want to cold start anymore. When I went back to 93 on the same tune, the issue went away.
Sponsored