OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Sorry if I'm asking something that's already been answered but I've read through the whole thread and am not completely clear. I'm wanting to install sync 3 in a 2019 base car. The way I read it is everything should be plug and play. I need an apim, screen and bezel. Everyone says the premium recaro panel is the one to get, would a 301a panel not work as well? Aside from that just some Forscan tweaks and I'm good to go, am I missing anything?
Give us a call 614-725-9410
Sponsored

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I need a HUGE favor, and I hope someone here can help. I have a 2017 GT that came stock with Sync 3/Apple CarPlay. The front USB port in front of the shifter has stopped supporting CarPlay and MP music files, and the first dealer I took it to said it's a charge-only port. I troubleshot it down to a bad armrest hub-to front console cable, but the dealer said they wouldn't fix it because Apple CarPlay is not available on the front USB port. It's at another dealer now, and they're saying something different. Cliff notes here...it's a long story.
Anyway, on the first page of this thread, there is a picture that shows the APIM, display, armrest media hub, and cables that run between. Is there any way someone with access can send me a printout of the 2017 Ford wiring schematic that captures that picture? I've had 2 Ford dealers now tell me that the FR3Z-14D202-B harness DOES NOT run from the media hub in the armrest to the front console in front of the shifter. They insist it runs from the APIM to the front console, which is completely contradictory to what I have learned here. It was my understanding that only one of the ports on the APIM is used, and it feeds the hub. I hope someone can help. My car has been at two dealers now, for a total of almost 20 days. I'm trying to come across as a 'know it all', but they just aren't listening to me. With the help of Sam (who I think is a member here), I was able to show that a replacement FR3Z-14D202-B harness fixes the problem, but they insist I've created some sort of shortcut, and won't replace it. Thanks in advance. Feel free to email me at [email protected]
14D202-B runs from the media module to the bezel. I've seen this error several times, normally a master reset will fix it. I'm told it's a software issue.

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
7. GPS antenna
Application: Base to Sync 3 and MFT to Sync 3

ALL 2015+ Mustangs have a GPS antenna, it doesn't matter if you have a base car or MFT or Sync 3. However, the GPS antenna in the base and MFT cars is not compatible with Sync 3. The Fakra connector on the rear of the APIM supplies the other modules with GPS. After many failures of Amzaon antennas we no longer recommend the cheap Chinese antennas and now now manufacture our own from OE quality parts. Our antenna is $39.99

Where can I get a gps cable? I have the Sirus Xm cable with the adapter. I have everything else just need this piece to start installing my kit.
Call us 614-725-9410 or 313-806-1872

OP
OP
HextallS550

HextallS550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
Has anyone done this with a 2020 yet? I'm assuming it's fairly plug and play like the '19 with just coding necessary at the end, but otherwise is there anything special to do other than acquire the latest APIM I can find?
Same parts as 2019
Bezel
APIM assembly
Correct data config via FORScan

Sponsored

Andrews75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zach
Vehicle(s)
2018 ford mustang gt
I recently did a 4 to 8 swap in my 2018 mustang gt base. Everything seems to work fine except for the Bluetooth calling. Whenever I go to make a phone call it acts as if its making the call but then the radio just turns on and they is no audio for the phone. Has anyone ran into this problem?

Gcarr03

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT/ 2016 Ford Escape 2.0 ecoboost
Hello, new to the forum. I have a few questions with this, and I'm not 100% sure this is the right thread but you guys seem pretty knowledgeable about these systems. I bought a 2015 GT that had a Raxiom 8 inch navigation upgrade installed in it. It doesn't work....screen doesn't come on at all, back up cam doesn't show up, sometimes I can get sound but when that happens the volume drops quick and have to keep spinning volume control. I'm not super tech savvy with all this stuff. Would like to do this sync 3 upgrade but not sure what I would need since the original stuff is no longer there (original wiring is, though, as it was a plug and play thing). Do you sell it all as a kit that would be plug and play or do we have to find the parts elsewhere?
17055.jpeg
17056.jpeg

18usc371

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
GT350 - Track Package - G0628
Hello, new to the forum. I have a few questions with this, and I'm not 100% sure this is the right thread but you guys seem pretty knowledgeable about these systems. I bought a 2015 GT that had a Raxiom 8 inch navigation upgrade installed in it. It doesn't work....screen doesn't come on at all, back up cam doesn't show up, sometimes I can get sound but when that happens the volume drops quick and have to keep spinning volume control. I'm not super tech savvy with all this stuff. Would like to do this sync 3 upgrade but not sure what I would need since the original stuff is no longer there (original wiring is, though, as it was a plug and play thing). Do you sell it all as a kit that would be plug and play or do we have to find the parts elsewhere?

https://www.harnessbyhextall.com/

Smashingdounuts

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Mustang Ecoboost
I'm sure somebody has mentioned this before but I cannot seem to find an answer. I've been looking to do a sync 3 swap on my base 2015 ecoboost. I am trying to find the most cost efficient way. I've seen all over the internet that there's kits to upgrade from the 4" screen to 8" screen. Ive seen the price from the 4"-8" being around $1400 and sync 2 - sync 3 being $600. now aside from buying a sync 3 APIM and grabbing a bezel somewhere whats the difference? Would it make sense to buy the sync 2-3 kit and just grab those two extra parts I need somewhere else?

Sponsored

neillv6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neil
Vehicle(s)
mustang gt 5.0 v8
Hi. Ive had a look throughout this post and cant seem to find an answer. I want a sync 3 kit to upgrade my sync 2. Are all sync 3 systems from other models compatable with a mustang? My mustang has climate, nav and reverse camera, so i need to ensure it has at the minimum navigation. I only ask as a mustang sync 3 kit on ebay is about ÂŁ800, however i can get one from a focus, kuga for less than half the price. Ive tried working it out using the part numbers, but there seems to be loads of different numbers.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
@neilv6 send an email to [email protected], it's the best way to get a hold of him and he is the best at this conversion.

mrasdf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB15
Does anyone know if upgrading from MFT to Sync 3 messes with the ecoboost Ford Performance Tuning at all due to apim/forscan changes?

BBTRacing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I Have a 2019 non premium GT with the 4” screen. I already got a 8” screen, apim and bezel without heated seats. The usb from the bottom of the used bezel is missing. Can I use my original one or do I have to get a different one?
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.