Sponsored

2021 Mustang Refresh Spied!

Medsport

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Premium GT automatic
I wish they would do something with the front end as it and the front of the side view are looking really old and boring to me lately. Something like they did with the 2.3 HPP or even less aerodynamic like the gt350 front end would be an improvement.
Sponsored

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
"Emma" 17 GT/PP Grabber Blue/Black roof
2021-ford-f-150-leaked-interior-photo.jpg
It really seems like they protrude more. I wouldn't be surprised if they add a way bigger touchscreen with SYNC4.
I'm wondering if the screen in the new F-150 that was spotted will fit? The current housing around the 8" is technically big enough to fit an 11 or 12" screen if they reworked/moved the volume/tune/power button and knobs. Additionally the Ford SYNC 4 press release did show a 12" landscape screen. Fingers crossed that's an addition we get

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Thank you, I very nearly posted this yesterday when I saw the latest F150 spyshots. That particular screen........difficult to tell, but that could even be the 15.5" one that was mentioned when Ford announced Sync 4 is coming:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...sync-4-brings-new-levels-of-connectivity.html

"Tailored to run on a variety of new touchscreen displays available, from 8 inches to 15.5 inches, SYNC 4 includes enhanced multi-tasking to simultaneously display different features at the same time, plus cord-free Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and SYNC AppLink compatibility"

So, it seems the 8" will still be available. I hope this becomes the base interior infotainment screen, and a 10" or 12" becomes the premium option. Those HVAC knobs in the F150 look pretty cool (and hot :giggle: ).........I wouldn't say no to those being used in a refreshed Mustang interior :like:

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Thank you, I very nearly posted this yesterday when I saw the latest F150 spyshots. That particular screen........difficult to tell, but that could even be the 15.5" one that was mentioned when Ford announced Sync 4 is coming:

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...sync-4-brings-new-levels-of-connectivity.html

"Tailored to run on a variety of new touchscreen displays available, from 8 inches to 15.5 inches, SYNC 4 includes enhanced multi-tasking to simultaneously display different features at the same time, plus cord-free Apple CarPlay, Android Auto and SYNC AppLink compatibility"

So, it seems the 8" will still be available. I hope this becomes the base interior infotainment screen, and a 10" or 12" becomes the premium option. Those HVAC knobs in the F150 look pretty cool (and hot :giggle: ).........I wouldn't say no to those being used in a refreshed Mustang interior :like:

Lets hope so this cheapy infotainment system should have went away with the 2018 refresh
2017foc050002_640_11.jpg

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)

Im hoping it’s the 12”, but I’d be fine with 10” too as long as the resolution is decent. Very excited about wireless CarPlay.

Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I just hope we can get wireless carplay in previous mustangs by swapping something out

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Wouldn't you also need wireless charging for wireless Carplay to work well? I would think your battery will take a pretty big hit depending on what you are using it for, like Nav.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
All this seems so pointless, the world will never go back to normal until we get 100% testing, 100% contact tracing, and a 100% effective low cost vaccine.

Anything else and people are ignorant and fooling themselves, it will never be the same, including the car industry.

TC

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
All this seems so pointless, the world will never go back to normal until we get 100% testing, 100% contact tracing, and a 100% effective low cost vaccine.

Anything else and people are ignorant and fooling themselves, it will never be the same, including the car industry.

TC
Boy that came out from left field! I think you need a hug!

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)

TC
Given the situation at hand right now, and the fact that we all have to sit tight for a bit, I find it helps to focus more on the things that I find joy in like cars, cooking, etc.

The world isn't ending, and hell there's been a massive reduction in air pollution due to all of us staying inside. So when we CAN all go back outside, maybe I'll opt for a convertible. :wink:

Stay positive my man.

Sponsored

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn't you also need wireless charging for wireless Carplay to work well? I would think your battery will take a pretty big hit depending on what you are using it for, like Nav.
Not necessarily, depends on what gen phone you have and how long you plan on being in the car. Wireless Carplay's strongest advantage is for day to day driving, when plugging and unplugging your phone can be a bit of a hassle(first world problems I know), on longer trips where the battery might die from usage(5+hours), I don't really have an issue plugging it in.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Not necessarily, depends on what gen phone you have and how long you plan on being in the car. Wireless Carplay's strongest advantage is for day to day driving, when plugging and unplugging your phone can be a bit of a hassle(first world problems I know), on longer trips where the battery might die from usage(5+hours), I don't really have an issue plugging it in.
Not sure you need to have it unplugged using Carplay for 5 hours to have an issue. Especially if you are going somewhere with no way to plug in. The advantage of wireless is mostly lost for me without being able to charge. Not sure how there is every any hassle in plugging in....cool yes, hassle no.

oneheadlite

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT PP1 2008 Saturn Sky Redline
Resembles a ;

2019 and

Unless it changes, it's the same car.......
s-l1600-e1533304349128.jpg

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)
Resembles a ;

2019 and

Unless it changes, it's the same car......
Well yeah... its the last iteration of this generation(s550) so of course its going to look the same. There will be some minor cosmetic changes(bumpers/hood/wheels) and probably some interior/tech additions. I don't think any of us can reasonably expect a significant visual departure until the next gen.

spectremotorsports

Consultant
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wes
Vehicle(s)

So someone over on the Bronco forum who claims to be in the know was saying that the premium option will have a 10" screen as opposed to the 8" that's been seen in prototypes. I went down and measured the housing in my car and it would just about fit a 10" screen perfectly with only minor retooling to the current center stack design. So if I was a gambling man... I'd say we'll be getting the same
Sponsored