Hellion top mount false knock issue’s

Richardcompgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Anyone with hellion top mount twin kit have false knock issues? I had them bad on 93. Went e85 and lowered the knock sensitivity, Still seeing 10* knock. Any common spots where the hot pipes hit that i’m missing?
Tuned by PBD
Sponsored

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Somethings definitely hitting, or rattling for sure. Does it knock WOT only, certain RPM range etc?

OP
OP
Richardcompgt

Richardcompgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Somethings definitely hitting, or rattling for sure. Does it knock WOT only, certain RPM range etc?
was under the car all weekend. Moved anything that looks like it’ll hit/ put cushion on anything that was close. It comes about 17% throttle. Iv tested with race gas/ lowering the boost its the same every time.

the 2 hot pipes leaving the turbo are on the sway bar. But theres no way to move them or cushion them, they’re stiff in there not sure if that causes it.

Dennisn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
Get rid of the sway bar.

If You still have it shut em off and only run good fuel. I spent months trying to chase it down. Was pissed when tuner I was using at the time was like no biggie gonna be on e85 anyways. I was like wtf!!!!!! I’m not kidding, months.

OP
OP
Richardcompgt

Richardcompgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Get rid of the sway bar.

If You still have it shut em off and only run good fuel. I spent months trying to chase it down. Was pissed when tuner I was using at the time was like no biggie gonna be on e85 anyways. I was like wtf!!!!!! I’m not kidding, months.

PBD refuses to turn them off or lower them anymore then they are. I’ll be attempting to move the pipe off the sway bar tomorrow or cushion it. And i purposely switched e85 for them to turn them off!

Sponsored

3beeps

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT
I got rid of that front sway bar early on and haven't had any false knock issues. If you have exhaust pipes touching the sway bar, it's probably best to remove it.

OP
OP
Richardcompgt

Richardcompgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I got rid of that front sway bar early on and haven't had any false knock issues. If you have exhaust pipes touching the sway bar, it's probably best to remove it.

Was able to actually move them away. I found the driver side pipe touching the steering
D3C55E89-EC31-40E4-BAA5-57A68CF1A026.jpeg

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
How much difference does the car drive over factory stock with the front sway bar removed?

StickShiftyFifty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang pp
Yea those down pipes are the only biggaboo that i dont like about this kit. I wrapped the down pipes and it fixed it. Thought about removing sway bar but i dont want to loose stiffness. I have PP car so sway bar is thicker than stock one, maybe swap for the stock one might work.

OP
OP
Richardcompgt

Richardcompgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Yea those down pipes are the only biggaboo that i dont like about this kit. I wrapped the down pipes and it fixed it. Thought about removing sway bar but i dont want to loose stiffness. I have PP car so sway bar is thicker than stock one, maybe swap for the stock one might work.

I was able to move it off the sway bar. Found it touching by the steering column
Sponsored