Sponsored

what new mods actually give real performance?

27RED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
I recently sold my 2015 GT for a 2019 GT PP1. Ive researched a bit about what people usually say to start with, CAI, Exhaust, LTH, but often tuners will say the factory CAI is really well made and adding a JLT or Roush only adds around 5hp. adding an Exhaust just makes the car louder with zero gains, and putting on LTH is excessively labor intensive but adds 20-30hp gains? I guess I would consider starting with an H pipe, a tune, and i don't know what else from there. If I do a tune and a Steeda Pro Flow, or a PMAS should I expect 20+ hp? Can a GT350 Throttle body even fit on the 2019 GT? would that, matched with a CAI and a tune get me some solid performance? anyone tried it? Im more than likely not going to do axlebacks as I dont want the car to be obnoxiously loud. Woulda 1 piece driveshaft make a big difference as well? less rotating mass = performance ya? Im really just looking for when I hit the gas, I want the car to pull like a bat out of hell. pfa
20200320_163121.jpg
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Bang for the buck starter kit: E85 tune, cat delete.

Exhaust gains also come from being lighter weight, you'll lose probably 30-40lbs from a resonator delete and lighter weight mufflers.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Plus one for e85 and cat delete. I love my e85r tune. I still have cats but only because I don't want the car any louder. Depending on your use of car intake may or may not be good. Drag racing from a dig or lots of stop and go traffic its going to hurt performance but if your more interested in road course or spirited driving in the twisties it will give you a bump. I have a jlt and love it but I don't race much just lots of spirited driving.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I don’t have any performance mods but almost done with all of my suspension mods. Car feels more planted and handles really well. Digital dash is one of my favorite mods. Eventually I’ll do headers and E85.

Sponsored

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Exhaust just makes the car louder with zero gains
Wouldn't exactly say zero gains. Figure around 5-7 rwhp with a H / X pipe, another 5-7 rwhp with straight through mufflers. Right there that's a 10th of a second. free flow downpipes (off the stock headers) around 8 rwhp, that's another 10th of a second. + weight savings.

OP
OP
27RED

27RED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn't exactly say zero gains. Figure around 5-7 rwhp with a H / X pipe, another 5-7 rwhp with straight through mufflers. Right there that's a 10th of a second. free flow downpipes (off the stock headers) around 8 rwhp, that's another 10th of a second. + weight savings.
So what you're saying is just go straight pipe a F anyones ear drums. Lol I get where you're coming from but this is a daily, and I have a strong history of keeping everything classy and low key. I wont be that guy that starts his car and everyone within 4 blocks is cursing at me because its obnoxiously over the top loud. If its a trailer car or a track car? Yea. No. This is my daily.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
This is my daily
I wasn't suggesting to do it, I was explaining it's far from 'zero gain'. That said, supercharge it with an edelbrock e-force.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I have to ask where you came up with those numbers and 10th of seconds? What kind of testing was done? Many of the exhaust manufacturer's don't advertise any gain numbers on certain cars.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
I have to ask where you came up with those numbers and 10th of seconds? What kind of testing was done? Many of the exhaust manufacturer's don't advertise any gain numbers on certain cars.
30 years of doing this shit. Generally 10hp = 1/10th of a second.

Sponsored

SSG 5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Lmao! Only a supercharger can make your batmobil faster without being too loud.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I understand that. Me a little over 30 years, was wondering where you pulled those horsepower numbers from. Many people say add this part and gain 20 hp, add this part and gain another 20 hp when in reality it often doesn't work that way.

Not trying to argue with you :)

30 years of doing this shit. Generally 10hp = 1/10th of a second.

WildHorse

N/A or GO HOME
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ⓇⒾⒸⓀⓎ ⓈⓅⒶⓃⒾⓈⒽ
Vehicle(s)
'17 S550
Vehicle Showcase
Not trying to argue with you
I'm not arguing either. Every car I put an h-pipe & straight through mufflers were a tenth, tenth & a half quicker.
When somebody posts numbers of a 20 hp gain with chambered mufflers, I just laugh ;)

OP
OP
27RED

27RED

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
Getting back to my original questions here. reading my questions from earlier, i specifically said "I'm more than likely NOT going to axle backs as it gets obnoxiously loud". dont know why people jump in and say this exhaust will shave a 10th of a second. when did i say anything about going to the drag strip? anyway.

CAI w/o tune = small gains VS. CAI with tune = ??? gain?
CAI, tune H pipe ?? gain?
will a GT350 Throttle body fit on the 19 GT? anyone done that and what did it take?
Anyone here ever added a light weight drive shaft to eliminate one of the most sluggish rotating mass items on the car?

these are really the questions Im looking to get answered. not trying to argue just trying to get solid input with positive explanations as to how and why. Wildhorse, If you've got 30 years of experience, then you should be more than knowledgeable and able to educate a new member on these forums =)

Devil5oh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
You said you want the car to feel like a "bat out of hell" when you floor it, well guess what, a little E85R tune and a cute little CAI aint gonna do it. Time to pucker up and boost your car with big boy modifications, end of story. Save your money dropping 3k to go NA for 40rwhp, save another 5k and boost it and get 250rwhp+ and don't look back.
Sponsored