PP002 and PP007

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Awesome pictures! Just a few more weeks to wait for mine, and pictures like this make the want that much stronger!

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL
Love the shot at Bonneville....

Yeah Matt just 6 days until the birth of your baby.....

Sponsored

Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt
Love the shot at Bonneville....

Yeah Matt just 6 days until the birth of your baby.....
Not that soon, 12 days until it's born (I think lol) :)

BrettT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2006 Jetta 2.0T, 2013 Escape SEL

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
Are these both [MENTION=27551]Bon[/MENTION]neville?

Danster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2019 Bullitt from a dealer in the Los Angeles area. I noticed the "PP007" on the dashboard and was curious what the number meant. I heard it has something to do with the limited production series. So I googled it and found this forum. I am not sure if anyone is still checking, but could someone illuminate the origin of PP007. I would greatly appreciate it. I love the car BTW. Always dreamt of owning a Mustang, but this is my first one.

Sponsored

el-guapin

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tesla.com
Vehicle(s)
1949 UFO
Hey guys, I recently purchased a 2019 Bullitt from a dealer in the Los Angeles area. I noticed the "PP007" on the dashboard and was curious what the number meant. I heard it has something to do with the limited production series. So I googled it and found this forum. I am not sure if anyone is still checking, but could someone illuminate the origin of PP007. I would greatly appreciate it. I love the car BTW. Always dreamt of owning a Mustang, but this is my first one.
Here is some info regarding the different pre production plaques...

Ford typically produces 4 levels of Pre Production cars which can be very difficult to identify from each other. The only year that I am aware of whereby all 4 levels of PP cars could be identified were the 2012 Boss 302 cars.

The 4 levels of Pre Production cars are as follow.

VP - Variable Prototype - No VIN and in many cases a 1 of a kind car and always destroyed by Ford with Ford supervision. In most cases Ford has well over $1 million dollars of R&D into this level of pre production car.

TT - Tooling Tryouts - Comes with a VIN but again very few if any ever reach the general public. I remember coming across "TT0001" which was a 2012 Competition Orange Boss 302 and had a very hard life with transmission issues and ~13,000 miles on it and possibly the only TT car that got way from the factory.

PP - Pilot Production - Again these cars come with a VIN and typically do not reach the general public. In 2012 Ford produced 12 Pilot Production Boss 302 cars (LS and regular) with cars 1 to 5 reaching the general public in error with the last 7 cars being destroyed. PP0003 was a Canadian spec 2012 Boss 302 and resides with a friend of mine in Toronto. Typically Pilot Production cars are static display cars as was PP0002 which travelled the NASCAR circuit in 2011 and attended 16 races that year.

MP - Mass Production - These cars come with a VIN and are the last of the Pre Preproduction cars and typically reside with Ford execs and used for magazine shoots/testing etc. Many or most of these cars reach the general public as they are all sold through Manheim Auto Auctions at various locations in America.

In some cases the pre production cars that get destroyed by Ford are first used by local Fire and Rescue departments whereby they are used as dummies for practice with the jaws of life, auto fire reenactment's, etc. and again for with Ford supervision and then destroyed after the process has been completed.

If you see a 2015 to 2017 GT350/GT350R with the last 6 digits of the VIN ending in 200XXX then you have one of the pre production cars on your hands. The pre production Boss 302 cars were given a VIN series of 199XXX.

I was very fortunate to drive PP001 (2016 Black R model) and PP002 (2016 TY R model) at Sebring in October 2015 and really started to like the TY cars after that experience.

I have also driven H0005 (Grabber Blue) which is a 2017 GT350 and was not sure if it was a PP car or an MP car as the Shelby program does not designate the difference between the two as the Boss cars did.

I suggest that when the new GT500 cars come out in late 2018 that the pre production VIN series may still be 200XXX just as the Shelby GT350 cars but just speculation at this point.

;);)

Danster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here is some info regarding the different pre production plaques...
So I bought a pre-production car? Are dealers allowed to even sell them? Should I be worried? Could I ask any more questions? :) Thanks for the info. I am not quite sure what to make it. Whether this is a good thing or bad thing, or just a fun trivia.

Danster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
PP002
DSC_4327_zps6lcaxhdh.jpg

DSC_3932a_zpsfuaxjibs.jpg

PP007
DSC_4320a_zpsk1grqkv8.jpg

DSC_4874_zpsv0mqlzul.jpg

DSC_4145a_zps89wn5qv0.jpg

DSC_4429_zpsc2q4xwsn.jpg
Hi there,
I think I might have bought that PP007 here in California. Can you tell me anything about the car? Your experience and why you parted from it? Hoping to take it on a long trip soon. Thank you for your time.

Danster

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
It wasn’t his car. It Was a press review /photoshoot
I see. That makes sense given it was a pre-production car. Learning a lot here. Thanks for the info. Given it was a press car, and looks like it has been around some, @Dakbo, did you guys put the car through the ringer during your test? Anything I should be concerned about? Thanks.
Sponsored