Sponsored

Pedal Commander

Shadow277

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 2012 Corolla
Has anyone tried this product? I guess it doesn't necessarily need to be tried on this S550. I am curious if the $300 is worth it and what the long term effects are. I heard some people say that it throws throttle positioning sensor codes and check engine lights. I don't want it if it is only going to cause trouble.
Sponsored

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
Honestly I would avoid Pedal Commanders, I haven't heard of issues directly related to Mustangs, but over on the Toyota forums, several instances of Pedal Commanders sending too much voltage fried the ECU. It is just a risk to have your throttle position intercepted and boosted back to the ECU in my opinion. Not to mention the huge price.

Draklia

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
People who’ve used it will recommend it, people who haven’t will not.
I had one in my Mustang and liked it, but removed it to install a supercharger instead. Really doesn’t make your car any faster, but does make it seem like it’s snappier downy at the bottom of the RPMs. The tune for my blower seems to do the same thing.

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
You might as well get a tune. It's not much more expensive and gives you more power with the better pedal response.

LethalBlake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Blake
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F150
I agree with this guy ^ . Tune is going to be one of if not the best bang for your buck mod you can do for these cars. Pick a reputable tuner and you will have a whole new car on your hands. A little added power depending on what mods you have and what fuel you run but you will also notice changes to shift points which will ultimately be better than what this device would do. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a message.

Sponsored

dn1984

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Premium
i really don't find the throttle response to be lacking at all in track mode

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
I just bought one a few weeks back and absolutely hate driving without it now.

GMONSTAH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Vehicle Showcase
Has anyone tried this product? I guess it doesn't necessarily need to be tried on this S550. I am curious if the $300 is worth it and what the long term effects are. I heard some people say that it throws throttle positioning sensor codes and check engine lights. I don't want it if it is only going to cause trouble.
It only does that if installed incorrectly. If you install it while your car is in an “on” state, it will recognize a controller has been unplugged and throw a code.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar device called pedalmax, throttle response indeed was awesome, but the thing had to be adjusted all the time for various conditions, it got real annoying real fast.

Also when car is being serviced at dealer it presents a problem, so just uninstalled it.

TC

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I tried one on a Lexus 430SC, which has the weakest 300hp V8 you ever saw. It was like putting frosting on manure and calling it cake! .

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I have a Pedal Max and love it.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I had a similar device called pedalmax, throttle response indeed was awesome, but the thing had to be adjusted all the time for various conditions, it got real annoying real fast.

Also when car is being serviced at dealer it presents a problem, so just uninstalled it.

TC
I never adjusted mine after installing it while I had it, all it does it make your gas pedal respond faster / more linearly. Your foot can make those adjustments instead of fudging around with the settings on the Pedalmax.

As far as being a problem at the dealer, it takes like 30 seconds to unplug it and reconnect without it in the middle, and what service tech is going down there looking at your pedals? I realize both of these are anecdotes (yours and mine), but I never had it brought up when I had mine.

I did sell mine after getting a proper tune, just wasn't necessary anymore because the tuners can also turn up throttle response. BUT for someone looking to maintain warranty, it does make an improvement for the driving experience even if you don't actually get faster.

Bri's_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP, '16 F-150 5.0, '00 Town Car Cartier
I need to jump in here real quick.

I have the Pedal Commander on my '16 F150 4x4 and it totally changed the truck. I have it on a mild setting and it is much better in the city getting around traffic.
Some would say just put the truck in Sport mode, but that holds gears waaaay too long in my typical commute. Where I have it set, it wicks the throttle up better with a flick of my big toe.

I did some 0-60 WOT runs and data logged the times.
No foot brake/revving and just from a stop.

Pedal Commander OFF, 6.7 seconds, slight tire spin
Pedal Commander Sport +4, 6.3 seconds, increased tire spin
Pedal Commander Sport +4 and rear diff. locked, 6.1 seconds, quick wheel-hop then gone

We put it on my pals '12 GT and went for a drive. He was completely shocked and the next day he ordered one.

Haven't had a chance to try it on my GT, but the weather is bad and I just got the car at the end of January.

Some people think they are just a spoof, but I'm a believer for sure. That's my opinion anyway.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
300 bucks will get your car tuned. Or maybe a few $$ more.

I'd go that route.
Sponsored