Sponsored

Pedal Commander First Thoughts

bjblackout

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Wow, pretty cool little piece. Not sure the thing is worth $300 for what it does but I got it used for $100 so pretty worth it. Got in car to go to work tonight in my 18, manual pp1 and the last user left it in sport mode and wow I felt like I was learning to drive a manual car all over again. I was jerking and spitting along the first mile. Really makes the pedal touchy and feels like it puts you in high rpm range right away but I know it really doesn't. There is definitely no throttle lag in my car now. Gonna take some getting used too but definitely a cool little part that can easily be turned on and off when you want.

I wasn't ready for a tune so this is a little hold over until I get there.

For anyone that has one what are your thoughts??
Sponsored

Stangnut

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt BHG
I had a Pedal Max on my '15 GT (non PP) and loved it. I put one on my '19 Bullitt and it was just a little too much for me even on the lowest setting. I still haven't uninstalled it yet. Guess I need to do that someday, lol. I had the dial on both and IMO it's a must have.

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
I have one on my 18’ PP1 A10 and usually have it set to about 40%. Not too sensitive and gets rid of the lag.

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
So glad to have found this thread. A year into the '16, my first Stang with electric throttle, and I thought I was going crazy bc of the way the car responds to the gas pedal. Nothing at al like a cable throttle. Posted on another thread from a member trying to decide Vortech or PB blower, and I told him the way these things respond to the gas pedal it probably wouldn't make a lot of difference.

Question for the experts - why can't the throttle response be controlled in the tune, or can it?
Sponsored