kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Guess I should update - Upgraded to a '19 PP2 a couple of months ago and in about 1 week I turn 60.
20191101_141904.jpg
Kudos on the photography
Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Hi - This forum discussion brings up an interesting question and that is what is a senior citizen nowadays. Early on it was essentially older retired people with no specific assigned age. In addition, life expectancy was much shorter then, resulting in a limited number of people who were viewed as ā€œseniorsā€. AARP probably has the most lax definition, but we know thatā€™s because they want to enroll as many dues paying members as possible. Itā€™s safe to say that originally it was not below age 60. With the advent of senior citizen discounts and meaningless sales every day of the year, the marketing aspect has dropped it down into the 50s with age 55 being the lowest generally accepted age qualification. At my pharmacy we settled on 62 since that was the earliest age when one could apply for traditional Social Security benefits. For most folks Medicare has age 65 as its criterion, but politics may soon change that with the push for Medicare for all. Personally I was never in a hurry to become a senior citizen, but now Iā€™m there itā€™s okay. Others may feel differently. Iā€™m not raising this issue for purposes of defining our forum, but because Iā€™m 78 Iā€™m viewing some of the participants as youngsters and it just made me ponder the question of what really is a senior citizen. Maybe there should be stages with people like me being called an old geezer in stead of senior citizen. Then there are those who reach the age where the kids hide the car keys on them. They say youā€™re only as old as you feel - until you look in the mirror. All I know is that my senior years have been a hoot thus far. Just food for thought... Bruce

Last edited:

Dogo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Roger
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT
I owned a 87 Buick Grand National for 15 years and decided to move up. Sold the car and bought a 2017 gt grabber blue. Got a supercharger on it. 650 rwhp. 76 years old. Lots of fun.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
R
Guess I should update - Upgraded to a '19 PP2 a couple of months ago and in about 1 week I turn 60.
20191101_141904.jpg

I really like your PP2, and would have loved to have one, but my clutch leg knee has been operated on once too many times. I will add the PP2 front splitter to my PP1 so the front end doesnā€™t lift at speed. Iā€™m assuming you got the active exhaust, in Sport or Drag mode it gets a little noisy.

Sponsored

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Well, since oldphart brought it up. I don't consider myself old, but in the pistol club I belong to, when we are squading up in relays to shoot a match, I always get stuck in a group called the FOGs. I'm not sure what the F stands for, but I'm pretty sure the OG stands for old guys. They won't let me play with the other cool kids.

13GetThere

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lynn
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium PP2 Magnet Grey
Clump, I also would like to know what tire size you went with.

olerodder

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/A10
I can't read the tire size, although doesn't the PP2 come with 265/40/19's in front and 275/40/19's in the rear?
When I put winter tires on my PP1, I used 265's in the front and 285's in the rear.
IMG_3888.JPG

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
Nice! I see you swapped out the SC2's for the PS4S's. Did you stay 305/30/19 squared?
Stuck with 305/30/19.
The dealer swapped the tires before I picked the car up. I would have worn out the Cup 2s without ever getting near their capability and sand blasted the sides of my car, so it was an easy choice. I'm real pleased with the combo so far, but only about 700 miles. I had an '18 PP1, which was no slouch and the PP2 is just a monster.

Clump

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger
R

I really like your PP2, and would have loved to have one, but my clutch leg knee has been operated on once too many times. I will add the PP2 front splitter to my PP1 so the front end doesnā€™t lift at speed. Iā€™m assuming you got the active exhaust, in Sport or Drag mode it gets a little noisy.
Yep, active exhaust. I pretty much live in Sport+ and the sound is perfect to me. Track is kinda loud. I love being able to start in quiet mode and not shake the whole house.

Sponsored

Executive

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2012 Toyota Tacoma, 2020 Mustang GT
At 51 I really don't consider myself a "senior", but I'll go along... Here's my 2020 GT Premium PP1. Ordered October 3. Took delivery November 15. Directly home and put in garage and don't expect to take it out again until Spring here in New England. Can't wait!
IMG_1571.jpeg

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
I can't read the tire size, although doesn't the PP2 come with 265/40/19's in front and 275/40/19's in the rear?
When I put winter tires on my PP1, I used 265's in the front and 285's in the rear.
IMG_3888.JPG
Nope. PP2 stock tire size is 305/30/19 on all corners.

yellow dog 62

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerry
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT/CS Convertible
Nope. PP2 stock tire size is 305/30/19 on all corners.
Will be 66 come September. Am taking delivery of my ordered 2020 GT/CS convertible next week. First Mustang I had was a '69 Boss 302. Bought it with the money I made selling my tobacco crop that year. Man do I wish I still had that car.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
Will be 66 come September. Am taking delivery of my ordered 2020 GT/CS convertible next week. First Mustang I had was a '69 Boss 302. Bought it with the money I made selling my tobacco crop that year. Man do I wish I still had that car.
Your vert sounds like a nice car. What options and color?

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
Hi - This forum discussion brings up an interesting question and that is what is a senior citizen nowadays. Early on it was essentially older retired people with no specific assigned age. In addition, life expectancy was much shorter then, resulting in a limited number of people who were viewed as ā€œseniorsā€. AARP probably has the most lax definition, but we know thatā€™s because they want to enroll as many dues paying members as possible. Itā€™s safe to say that originally it was not below age 60. With the advent of senior citizen discounts and meaningless sales every day of the year, the marketing aspect has dropped it down into the 50s with age 55 being the lowest generally accepted age qualification. At my pharmacy we settled on 62 since that was the earliest age when one could apply for traditional Social Security benefits. For most folks Medicare has age 65 as its criterion, but politics may soon change that with the push for Medicare for all. Personally I was never in a hurry to become a senior citizen, but now Iā€™m there itā€™s okay. Others may feel differently. Iā€™m not raising this issue for purposes of defining our forum, but because Iā€™m 78 Iā€™m viewing some of the participants as youngsters and it just made me ponder the question of what really is a senior citizen. Maybe there should be stages with people like me being called an old geezer in stead of senior citizen. Then there are those who reach the age where the kids hide the car keys on them. They say youā€™re only as old as you feel - until you look in the mirror. All I know is that my senior years have been a hoot thus far. Just food for thought... Bruce
I'd say these days the senior status could be well classified..something like pre, early, mid and late with maybe age being the defining factor...At a soon to be 53 I think I'm close enough to be such..not saying it's a title I've longed for but if I count my current health I feel most times like I have arrived lol..funny thing about organizations like AARP is I started getting mailers from them at age 51..sounds like they are putting a feeler out there to do some reassessments of age beginnings of the senior citizen title..
Sponsored