How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

Avispa

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Richard
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS convertible
Scottie, if I could have found a good yellow convertible, it would have been a no brainer. Yours is really sharp. So wanted to reclaim my AVISPA license plate over here in FL.

Beats the snot out of a Z4, huh?
Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜05 GMC P/U, ā€˜17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Senior threads rule! Just had to say that. Only 52, but look forward to it.
Hi - Donā€™t be in a hurry to get to seniorhood. At that point youā€™re on the descending slope of the Bell Curve of life and health problems are on the horizon. Donā€™t get me wrong, it can be great to be retired if that is your choice. One of the best advantages of retirement is being master of your own time - assuming your spouse allows it. Another advantage is you get to start spending all that money you saved, like on cars... Bruce

P.S. Old age ainā€™t for sissies!

OP
OP
kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Hi - Donā€™t be in a hurry to get to seniorhood. At that point youā€™re on the descending slope of the Bell Curve of life and health problems are on the horizon. Donā€™t get me wrong, it can be great to be retired if that is your choice. One of the best advantages of retirement is being master of your own time - assuming your spouse allows it. Another advantage is you get to start spending all that money you saved, like on cars... Bruce

P.S. Old age ainā€™t for sissies!
Well stated. This chapter has it's issues for sure.

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT Convertible
72 year old "kid" here......still lovin' nice cars......purty wimmen......and raisin' HELL!!:sunglasses:

Well....maybe not too much Hell Raisin' anymore!!:wink:

DSCN7739.jpg

Sponsored

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
72 year old "kid" here......still lovin' nice cars......purty wimmen......and raisin' HELL!!:sunglasses:

Well....maybe not too much Hell Raisin' anymore!!:wink:

DSCN7739.jpg
Hi - I have a similar saying ā€œI used to like fast women and fast cars. I still like fast carsā€... Bruce

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
I know what ya mean Bruce.......FAST CARS even get a little SCARY now!!:shock:

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
Hi - Youā€™re right. Of course being older does make a difference, but I chuckle when I read on this forum about all the add-on speed parts people are buying and Iā€™m thinking this damn car already goes fast enough for me and going any faster at my age (78) would be borderline suicidal. Back in the ā€˜60s, when I was of course invincible, driving my GTO (after leaving the bars) with its skinny bias ply tires, soft suspension, anemic brakes etc, I consider it fortunate weā€™re having this conversation. Stability control, disc brakes, better suspension systems, etc. have made a big difference, but thereā€™s still a limit even for the best drivers... Bruce

Coosawjack

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
You are so right Bruce.......all of those new computer controls and safety gismos can and will get you killed.........MUCH DEEPER IN THE WOODS!!:facepalm:

Joey10A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt Premium Performace Package 10A
Vehicle Showcase
All this is a good read. I bought my 18 GT In Jan 2018 and I just turned 60.. Some of my so called friends asked me was I having a mid life crisis. Lol I was like what makes it a mid life thing.. Seriouslyā€¦. I've had some pretty fast trucks and always drove a truck do to safety and room.. I always wanted a sports car but raising kids put a hold on that. After owning it for 2 years I got to say I love it and should have owned one years ago.

Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I couldn't imagine putting a supercharger on my GT. I agree. Much respect for the car.

OP
OP
kinchy

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Love of Mustangs does not go away with age. Unfortunately ability to get in and out can:)
Definitely agree - I half crawl out of mine. My driveway is an incline making it even more entertaining. When I go to gym I look around before I start exiting.
Part of being a senior piloting a hot rod with a tight cockpit I guess...