Sponsored

2020 GT500 First Engine Issue ROD KNOCK

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Oh geez... another YT click-for-cash...

There’s no way that GT500 left the assembly plant (they’re driven off the line) and was allowed to be delivered like that to any Dealership or Customer.
Sponsored

ParsonsWV

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350, 2002 C5
That's literally exactly how the shop area looked at the Ford dealer I worked at. All it takes is a cheap owner.
Doesn't have to be a cheap owner... could be a dealership that doesn't make money (trust me many of the exist). After growing up in dealerships and watching many owners fail it still surprises me how many people think that just because you own a dealership that the owner is making tons of money.
Where I live now there was a guy that won the lottery and thought owning car dealerships was a great investment. He bought 3 (I think) and all were closed down in 5 years and lost everything from his winnings. Car dealerships are only lucrative if you know what you are doing.

smsgt350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350 magnetic/black tech
I sent this video to one of my engine builder friends from flat rock who then forwarded it to his friend in the dyno room. He said the cold test machine they use can catch even the slightest vibration much less a knock.As Tomster and others have mentioned it is highly unlikely this car left Michigan with such an obvious issue.

JR369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 Iconic
As someone who worked several years at a Chevy dealer (detailer) you guys have no idea what these dealers do. I’ve seen it all, straight off the vehicle carriers. Replaced bumpers . Quarter panels with major paint work. Engine replacement. Transmission replacement. Cars that were wrecked during test drives and repaired and resold as new with no paperwork to be found. It is what it is, that’s why you inspect the crap out of a vehicle even if it has 4 miles on it and is on the showroom floor. In the end it has a warranty.
I have to agree due my recent experience with my buddy buying a new 19 Chevrolet 1/2 ton crew Texas Edition with 100 miles on it. The truck was marked down but was missing the entire front grill and bumper. Dealer said replacement parts were on the way and it would be good as new. Assured my friend that the truck wasn't in a fender bender but it was just a quality control issue. My friend told the dealer if you want to sell the truck today then transfer another grill and bumper on it now and throw in a tool box under the rear bench seat and have the truck paint corrected. They did.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
Anyone else hearing of a TSB out already to fix an engine misfire issue? A guy I know claims to know of 3 other 500s affected by this supposed misfire. Haven't seen anything on the forums, other than the douche that was bouncing his car off the rev limiter straight off the trailer and not at operating temperature.

Sponsored

dirty-max

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Previous: 2015 Black GT Fully Loaded (Sold) Now: 2020 GT500 (Current)
Anyone else hearing of a TSB out already to fix an engine misfire issue? A guy I know claims to know of 3 other 500s affected by this supposed misfire. Haven't seen anything on the forums, other than the douche that was bouncing his car off the rev limiter straight off the trailer and not at operating temperature.
Any idea on when the misfire supposedly occurs? Can you post the TSB?

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
It undergoes a diagnostic dyno before it rolls off the line.
We use to hear that about GT350's too but Ford Performance says its not true.

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Come on guys, there’s nothing wrong with that engine. Thats just like the typewriter tick, which is a normal operating characteristic of the engine. No repairs should be attempted

:like:

Lo Pony

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Take me home
Vehicle(s)
86 GT, red; 88 LX 5.0, black; 95 GT black; 99 Cobra with mods (still own); ‘16 GT, PP, manual, Ruby, drivetrain vibration!; Traded for ‘19 GT, A10, velocity blue, love it.
Come on guys, there’s nothing wrong with that engine. Thats just like the typewriter tick, which is a normal operating characteristic of the engine. No repairs should be attempted

:like:

Sponsored

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
It looks exactly like the back of my dealership where they kept my car locked in at night before prep & papers (this view standing at the end of the alignment station).
20190814_192812.jpg

Tenbrooks

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryce
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang GT, 2018 Ford Super Duty F-350 Dually
I'm sure the Ford dealer wasn't expecting that. Beautiful car but, I can't believe Ford would let it leave Flat Rock with that knock. I wonder if it was messed with after leaving Flat Rock; nevertheless, it's the dealer's problem now. If I just laid down $90K on a new GT500 and it sounded like that, kaka would hit the fan.

sigintel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT
Lol.
I just spit up sooo hard reading a txt:
“...bgh break in mode trips out for temp and break in abuse...”
Probably BS but that would be hilarious if Ford engineers threw in ECU code to eff w idiots trying to rag on a new motor to break it for clicks. Lol with the engine logging in ECU this could get interesting.
No idea what ‘bgh’ means.

Niz55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT350
Mustangs are such a great looking vehicles and pleasure to drive. But the service you get from ford is absolutely garbage!

Mountain376

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Camaro SS 1LE, '16 Camaro SS, '12 Mustang GT
We use to hear that about GT350's too but Ford Performance says its not true.
All production cars, at least the North American ones, end up going on a dyno and a quick systems check at the very end of the production line.

If any of you happened to catch StangModes Flat Rock video before it was taken down, you'd have even seen this.

Engine issues, like a spun rod, can rear it's head pretty randomly on new engine builds. It is 100% possible that there was something up with this engine through assembly or just a part issue and it never got caught through pre-testing at Romeo and through post-assembly dyno running, only for it to render itself during delivery.
Sponsored