Sponsored

Cammisa and Pobst go for it in GT500 vs GT3 (and Challenger, Ferrari)

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
That was a impressive video. Ford has that GT500 fine tuned, the power was instantaneous. Power over comes a lot, but it handled the corners awesome also. IMHO, I can’t see why any would pick the gt350 over this unless they just had to have a manual. Sounded great, handled great, looks great, and easy to drive. Can’t get much better then that. If I had a choice to spend $75k on a car, this would be the one I would get.
Sponsored

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Correct , this was a private car not from Porsche . Let’s all be real it isn’t likely at all that it’s slower than a 500 on any tire given it’s performance at known tracks on the R compound . Makes sense it would be slower on another tire, and that a owner wouldn’t be throwing on 900 dollar each track only tires that can’t be used on the street lol.

02gtnh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 corvette conv. 17 F150
Correct , this was a private car not from Porsche . Let’s all be real it isn’t likely at all that it’s slower than a 500 on any tire given it’s performance at known tracks on the R compound . Makes sense it would be slower on another tire, and that a owner wouldn’t be throwing on 900 dollar each track only tires that can’t be used on the street lol.
Imagine if they had the gt2

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Imagine if they had the gt2
Wouldn’t be click bait as it would have killed it , same with the 3RS on the Cup R’s wouldn’t have been close then . Remember on those literal race tires the 3RS ran a 6:56 at the ring ... this was well strategized for maximum clicks lol . I want to see the ZL1 1LE vs the 500 CFTP already on a known track like VIR , willow , or Laguna !

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars

One thing a porsche gt3rs owner in not worried about is cost. It is pure speculation about him being worried about the cost of tires. As this probably his or her 4 or 6th car, i suspect they would not want the car diminished in performance. Unlike the camaro owner who bought at max term and can’t afford the $500 tire even though they got the zle at 20k discount

Lets just say what it is gt3rs and gt500 are equal on the road course. Accept it

Sponsored

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
American cars in general have often being able to do something well but often lack the complete package and the feel. The most important comment was after driving Ferrari 812 and porsche gt3rs on the same day same driver the gt500 felt special

often all American car fans will say it kept up but it was slightly lacking somewhere but .... at least it was cheaper.

in this comparison the but and cost did not enter

It is just a damn f&$king good car as is. No buts

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
That was a impressive video. Ford has that GT500 fine tuned, the power was instantaneous. Power over comes a lot, but it handled the corners awesome also. IMHO, I can’t see why any would pick the gt350 over this unless they just had to have a manual. Sounded great, handled great, looks great, and easy to drive. Can’t get much better then that. If I had a choice to spend $75k on a car, this would be the one I would get.
I think i am convinced to buy this car as is and price does not matter. And that is the biggest compliment for this car. Happily buy something so well sorted and comparison shopping is not in the Chevrolet bin. The gt3 is on the comparo list

Austinj427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
It's hard to tell, but pausing the video it looks like the tire has the black square which would denote the "R"

thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 SS1LE (sold 18 GT350)
I seriously count that someone who paid $200K+ for a car is worried about tire costs.. just a wild guess.

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
One thing a porsche gt3rs owner in not worried about is cost. It is pure speculation about him being worried about the cost of tires. As this probably his or her 4 or 6th car, i suspect they would not want the car diminished in performance. Unlike the camaro owner who bought at max term and can’t afford the $500 tire even though they got the zle at 20k discount

Lets just say what it is gt3rs and gt500 are equal on the road course. Accept it
Its a 900 dollar a piece tire, and every RS does not come on them . Look at 3RS lap times in other tests on the Cup R (which is how Porsche sent it to be tested of course!) Crazy fast times that the 500 can't come close to based on the VIR grand time of 2:41 in the LL the 3RS put down by journalist drivers. It's a 3 second a lap advantage on this sized track as its a racing slick compound period(.5 second per kilometer, straight from Michelin vs the regular cup 2). If your theory is correct then Randy is slower in a 3RS on Michelin racing tires than he is in a 350R, so........ not happening lol . That said on the likely same Cup 2 tire compound, same day, on this track it is right there which is awesome!

Sponsored

newmoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Cobra, 10 SS, 12 392, 12 5.0
Wait I thought that the 500 wouldn't be fast at any track other than the VIR full coarse? :)

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Wait I thought that the 500 wouldn't be fast at any track other than the VIR full coarse? :)
Where did you get that idea?:angel::wink:

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I seriously count that someone who paid $200K+ for a car is worried about tire costs.. just a wild guess.
Having owned one yes you still do . That’s how you get to be able to afford it lol. Double the cost and half the life isn’t a good deal for anyone . Not even for .5 seconds per kilometer . The Cup 2 R Tire exists solely for magazine racers bragging rights as a cheater compound for tests .

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
Standard cup 2’s were on the RS, you can tell in one photo of the slide and he has wheel turned all the way, CUP2R has almost zero tread.

Great laps for both cars, and again (imo) Randy proves he isn’t biased, he drove the crap out of both cars and for the GT500 with .2 tenths of the RS! I’d take that every day!

760hp, good handling and sticky tires makes quite a difference!

Best Regards,
Dave
Sponsored