I agree with that completely.

chill66

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2020 Twister Orange GT500
While I don't deny that it will run circles around a 350R (and it should with over 200HP more) it's just not going to get the same accolades for a drivers car, it just isnt. Wait and see my friend
Until I took delivery of mine, I thought the same thing. I was genuinely concerned I wouldn't enjoy the 500 quite as much as my 350 that I had to sell.

Boy was I WRONG. In every single way.

It captures the sole of the 350, and then injects a serious dose of steroids. I do not miss the third pedal. The DCT is that damn good.

Last edited:

Mikefd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2004 mystichrome cobra, 20 twister orange350R
Listen I ordered an R for 2020 and I am a 120% stick shift kind of guy- however mustang is moving forward competing with super cars, and that automatic transmission is special- the shifts are beyond on point and for them to take a step back and throw a manual option for the 500 in the future really is counter productive as far as competing with the competition- save this post post for the future you’ll see! (Look I Hope so for the enthusiasts out there but I don’t bank on it)

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
Listen I ordered an R for 2020 and I am a 120% stick shift kind of guy- however mustang is moving forward competing with super cars, and that automatic transmission is special- the shifts are beyond on point and for them to take a step back and throw a manual option for the 500 in the future really is counter productive as far as competing with the competition- save this post post for the future you’ll see! (Look I Hope so for the enthusiasts out there but I don’t bank on it)
That's the problem, if i wanted an auto performance car I wouldn't get a Mustang or indeed the GT500 as the competition is too strong. The Porsche PDK is in a different league to the 10 speed (the 10 speed was originally designed for pickup trucks!). Ford need to do their best to keep the niche of a high reving stick shift V8 for the performance market or they will struggle. Ironically even though Porsche has one of the best double clutch transmissions, they have recognised that the gimmicks of flappy paddles is kinda last years fashion, see the intro of manual GT3, GT4 stick only and Catman GTS with manual only initially.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Buy AMD on the next dip
sheeet, I had a few hundred shares when they were single digits and low teens. Same with Apple. Sold out ages ago though. I'd be rather wealthy had I held on... Story of my life.
Sponsored