Sponsored

Cammisa and Pobst go for it in GT500 vs GT3 (and Challenger, Ferrari)

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Re-watched the video.

what’s bugging me is fords press cars do not(!) have the splitter wickers.

if they’re an engineered piece for the handling and CFTP cars, why aren't they on?

Could it be worth a tenth and a half of a second? Shrug, we’ll never know.
Sponsored

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06
Re-watched the video.

if they’re an engineered piece for the handling and CFTP cars, why aren't they on?

Agreed, I'm not sure? Honestly + or - .2 could go either way! Would have been nice for them to get some ZLE comparisons too.

Dave

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Ugh why?! Maybe I can finally lose the manual. This car is growing on me.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Re-watched the video.

I agree they should be on the car and it would be really interesting to know how much having them on the car would improve lap times.

Regarding the 0.15 seconds, that time is so small that you should ignore it. Randy probably lost more time than that when he messed up the one corner in the GT500.

Nfs1000f

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Neal
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 & 2019 Ford Fusion SEL Hybrid
Did I see correctly that both cars in the side by side are in auto?

Sponsored

SCCA Racer #75

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 on order, 2019 GT3RS, 2002 C5 Z06

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Did I see correctly that both cars in the side by side are in auto?
I think you are saying that Randy was letting the computer shift for his laps. I got that impression as well. Says a lot for how good the DCT programming is that Randy would just let the computer do that work.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
Love Cammisa's videos and I to miss him doing the H2Hs etc. A lot of people (especially fanboys, just ask the BMW guys, 99% of them hate him) don't like him because he tells it like it is or how he feels without regard to which brand it is.

Is there a video showing Randy just doing the timed laps? Otherwise it is hard to tell with the editing what is the actual lap (except for the finish line of course) and them just hooning around. It would be interesting to see how he drove both cars and if he used passles or let each transmission do its thing in auto mode etc.

GT500, especially the CFTP looks like a beast, I'm still disappointed they aren't offering a MT version though. Even Camissa noted it is kind of boring driving the GT500 around in DD duty. This is what I've found with every DCT car I've had no matter how good they are for the track.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Love Cammisa's videos and I to miss him doing the H2Hs etc. A lot of people (especially fanboys, just ask the BMW guys, 99% of them hate him) don't like him because he tells it like it is or how he feels without regard to which brand it is.

Is there a video showing Randy just doing the timed laps? Otherwise it is hard to tell with the editing what is the actual lap (except for the finish line of course) and them just hooning around. It would be interesting to see how he drove both cars and if he used passles or let each transmission do its thing in auto mode etc.

GT500, especially the CFTP looks like a beast, I'm still disappointed they aren't offering a MT version though. Even Camissa noted it is kind of boring driving the GT500 around in DD duty. This is what I've found with every DCT car I've had no matter how good they are for the track.
Here is the full side by side lap.

Sponsored
OP
OP
nastang87xx

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Here is the full side by side lap.

I don't want to start something but just imagine if the GT500 was even 100lbs lighter......ugh!

Anyway, not to get too off topic but can I take a second though to say that the 812 Superfast might be my favorite supercar of the moment, even over my fanboy Huracan Performante attitude. :crazy:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Anyway, not to get too off topic but can I take a second though to say that the 812 Superfast might be my favorite supercar of the moment, even over my fanboy Huracan Performante attitude. :crazy:
Yes, the 812 Superfast is awesome.

Minn19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
19 ZL1 1LE, 19 F150, 19 SB S5
I don't want to start something but just imagine if the GT500 was even 100lbs lighter......ugh!

V12 GTC4 Lusso. A 4 seat V12 yes please. :inlove:

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
I'm still disappointed they aren't offering a MT version though. Even Camissa noted it is kind of boring driving the GT500 around in DD duty. This is what I've found with every DCT car I've had no matter how good they are for the track.
As intrigued as I am, it’s hard for me to give up the manual. Some users here claimed GT350 owners that didn’t upgrade were too poor to afford a GT500 instead of understanding that many of us DD a 350 or drive it often around town running errands and do a lot of backroad driving vs hitting the track more than once or twice a year. I’ve owned two DCT cars. I realize it’s faster at most things and may even get better mpg. I considered an M2 for the longest but could never find a manual to drive (seemed like 90% of dealer cars in the region are DCT). My daily driving pleasure comes from rowing gears, matching revs and driving smoothly (albeit somewhat aggressively) and I remember always despising my daily drives in those DCTs for various reasons, mostly being bored to death. Maybe my ADD has something to do with it. The GT500 is really growing on me, but I’d have to be able to drive one on my daily routine before I commit. Maybe in 5 years when I’m almost 50...

Yes, the 812 Superfast is awesome.
The TDF though.

Droopy1592

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Damien
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
Those extra years, come quickly, Damien..ask me how I know. <smile> Enjoy them while you can.
That’s why I want to enjoy shifting my own gears in case my knees or hips start hurting.
Sponsored