Sponsored

how to turn off any and all traction assistance?

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Drove to work this morning after pulling fuse. Nothing crazy. Just saved me the hassle of having to hold the mode button for 8 seconds every time I get in the car. Guess I'll just keep the fuse in the glovebox in the event I feel I need traction control on.
Sponsored

Cueball

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kia Optima EX, 2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium
After reading this thread yesterday I put my GT premium in track mode and held the TC button for about 6 seconds and it disabled advancetrack. Enjoyed it for a 15 minute ride before some heavy thunderstorms put and end to the fun. I wanted the nannies in that sh*t.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
oh I did forget to mention that pulling the fuse seemed to disable all track apps and line lock. I couldn't get any of them to wok. plugged the fuse back in and they all worked perfectly

Starman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT convertible
Im at work so I jumped in my GT today for lunch and spend 5 minutes trying to find this button to totally deactivate the nanny, I just cant find it, what am I missing. I have a premium and I usually run around in track mode myself.

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
re-read the thread. there is no button to deactivate it all. the only way to truly deactivate it is to pull fuse 62.

holding the traction control toggle will disable advancetrac, but it still bogs when you hit 2nd.

Sponsored

SWETRID

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 California Special
I just took car out and turned track mode on and then held traction control button till advance track off showed up on dash. The car spins tires with no computer interaction.

Bartly

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Does fuse 62 disable ABS?
It was once said by a guy on the internet (actually up above) that it does not. I don't feel certain though till I hear more feedback, no offense to the guy who chimed in already.

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
I'm just thinking out loud here but if fuse #62 disabled the ABS then when you pull the fuse the ABS light on the dash should illuminate. Just like the TC and Advanc-Trac lights do.
And now on to my first cup of coffee.

GTBOB

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT, Royal Crimson, 10 speed, Active Exhaust
Vehicle Showcase
Everybody wants to slam the go pedal but nobody wants to slam the brake pedal??:doh: Somebody check the abs with fuse 62 pulled!

Sponsored

Freedom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, '22 Tesla Model 3, '22 F-150 Lightning
I feel like this is the shit that causes the Mustang memes

OP
OP

hawk232

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white GT premium
Everybody wants to slam the go pedal but nobody wants to slam the brake pedal??:doh: Somebody check the abs with fuse 62 pulled!

seriously??? READ THE THREAD!! somebody asked that earlier and I went out and put the car through several braking scenarios including in the grass and several evasive maneuver braking scenarios and ABS seemed to work fine (as can be noted in my comments earlier in the thread):headbonk:

Joey10A

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2018 Gt Premium Performace Package 10A
Vehicle Showcase
No, those people are idiots who could probably pull that shit off with even everything enabled.
hello guys. I realize this tread is from 2016 but ive been looking hi low trying to figure out how to disable the advance traction. I've tryed the 5 or 8 sec thing with no luck
I have a 18 GT performance package 10a car. What am i doing wrong cause im having no luck.

hlh1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 A10
Folks at the track unplug a cable under the hood, which turns off all the nanny features. If you open the hood, look to your right along where the weather stripping is....behind the headlight. The plug is sticking out a bit. i have never tried it, and it will throw a CEL light, but that goes away after plugging it back up.

Again, i have never done it, and am not recommending you do it, but they do it.
Maybe someone here who has done this can explain it better.
This is also what I've been told, and it's easy. Just remove the plug at the end of the cable. It's like Ford gave us a gift for when we need to turn off all the nannies for a tune run on a dyno.
Sponsored