Sponsored

VMP vs Roush vs Whipple vs Edelbrock ??

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
If you have a 18+, the Roush is by far the worse blower choice you can make, PBD recently posted the IATs they saw during a single 1/4 mile pass, 200*f+ temperatures from a single pull. It just lack the ability to cool the charge air. Don't let people tell you it's fine if you aren't going all out, cooling does matter.

I'm personally biased towards the Edelbrock since it's what I have....whether you want 650 or 1200whp, the Edelbrock unit will get the job done.
IMG_7112.jpg
IMG_4785.jpg
That's a huge innercooler. Does the whipple have the same surface area or is lit split into two units like the Magnuson blowers?
Sponsored

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
On my 17 car, 2.9 stage 2 whipple with oversized HC the IAT2 temps are amazing. I've done up to 4 back to back hiway pulls, 8000rpm every gear and IAT2's barely move!

Sponsored

Wolvee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
I've been stewing in my want for a small 3.6L Kenne Bell but now I might have to consider one of these CJ whipples. Are there efficiency ratings for these PD blower air coolers? I'd love to see some real data and not just dyno numbers. (..or at least flow numbers and dimensions)

94Mustang302ci

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shaun
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
My stage 2 Roush kit makes 648rwhp/544rwtq. I'm planning on adding a full 3in Corsa catback and JLT intake and re-tune and hope to be at 675ish. More than enough until its built bottom end time.

OP
OP
Temovic55

Temovic55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500 2014, ROUSH II 2018
Vehicle Showcase
I took advantage of the sale ordered it. Local place is going to install it for $1200. But, if I didn't already have a Roush stage 2 then I would purchased the Edlebrock, procharger, or Vortech. Had some speed shop tell me that whipple has blown some engines with their 18+ SC tunes. Not sure if its true but unlike Edlebrock they're more and don't include a warranty standard.
Congrats for the new Roush blower :rockon:
Like I said, I live in a country where the Temp. might rocks to 50C ! Price is irresistible! and the Roush applies to the theme. What you have said about Whipple based on the technicians experiences might be correct or not! but at the end of the day, if you push something to the limit it will collapse after all. I'm gonna have to read and watch more to decide which to go with! Anyways! I think there will be a phase 2 of Roush :giggle: MAYBE

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats for the new Roush blower :rockon:
Like I said, I live in a country where the Temp. might rocks to 50C ! Price is irresistible! and the Roush applies to the theme. What you have said about Whipple based on the technicians experiences might be correct or not! but at the end of the day, if you push something to the limit it will collapse after all. I'm gonna have to read and watch more to decide which to go with! Anyways! I think there will be a phase 2 of Roush :giggle: MAYBE
Legit speed shop In Detroit area specializing in the big 3, especially Ford. Said it was the whipple tune not the blower that blew a few of their engines. They didn’t specify which car brand or type.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
I'm voting for the e-force because of the smoking deal I got on it and their customer service is top notch! Plus it looks incredible!!
20190727_221024.jpg

Sponsored

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
The lure of the Edelbrock is strong, but the drop off up top when compared to Whipple dulls the shine for me. Am I wrong? I see it in all the charts posted here.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
The lure of the Edelbrock is strong, but the drop off up top when compared to Whipple dulls the shine for me. Am I wrong? I see it in all the charts posted here.
Is your drag racing your goal or are you more interested in performance on the street? I like the TVS 2650 for many reasons and the having the power at lower RPM is one of them. For the sake of engine reliability, I don't want to rev past the stock red line anyway so Whipple's power up top or Edelbrock's drop-off doesn't bother me. Your goals may be different.

engineermike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Is your drag racing your goal or are you more interested in performance on the street? I like the TVS 2650 for many reasons and the having the power at lower RPM is one of them.....
Are you referring to wot low end torque or part throttle/tip in?

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Are you referring to wot low end torque or part throttle/tip in?
I was on the fence about which SC would fit my needs so I asked one of the premier tuners for his opinion. He provided many comments but here is what he said about low end power:

2650 will hit harder down low.
Whipple will have some punch to it down low but not as much as the 2650.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Is your drag racing your goal or are you more interested in performance on the street? I like the TVS 2650 for many reasons and the having the power at lower RPM is one of them. For the sake of engine reliability, I don't want to rev past the stock red line anyway so Whipple's power up top or Edelbrock's drop-off doesn't bother me. Your goals may be different.
My goal is the same as yours. If it pulls like a bad MF all the way to 6g i'm all good with that. It's just the dropoff on the dyno sheets that has me concerned. It had me cringing when Lund had me do i WOT pull to 7g for my flex tune so it's not like i live there. I don't even like to "check in and say hello".
Sponsored