Sponsored

"Mustang Mach E" Confirmed, Reservations Begin Immediately After Nov 17 Live-Streamed Reveal

How will Ford naming it's new electric SUV "Mustang Mach E" impact your future purchase decisions.

• Much more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • Slightly more likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 6 1.5%
  • No change

Votes: 219 55.9%
  • Slightly less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 55 14.0%
  • Much less likely to purchase a traditional Mustang coupe.

Votes: 63 16.1%

• Total voters

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't see anyone talking about how Tesla, as a business model is a total failure. They haven't made a profit yet...and you want me to believe its a good thing for Ford to follow that type of business model? And doing so while wrecking an iconic name...I buy base cars for a simple reason, I don't need all that tech, I rarely even tune into a radio station in a car where the exhaust sounds better than almost anything else I can think of. Electric cars are heartless, they take away the very reason why I love my Mustang so much.
Ford is not implementing Tesla's business model. Neither is GM, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc., etc. They are just building alternative fuel motor vehicles.
Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
Carbon Wheels...wish list
CARBON_MACH-E.jpg

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
One could say that you have binders on. Why do you think it will not be a pretty decent vehicle? I've owned ford's for decades as have many people on this forum. Wouldn't it make sense that we believe the company we have been giving our hard earned dollars too is going to make a pretty decent vehicle. Just remember the engineers and designers that build this vehicle didn't name it. We need t separate the two and thrust or anger on the Exec's that made this decision.
Pretty sure I don't have binders on and not sure what I would do with them anyway.

It's an SUV - why would I think that it's going to be good? The last SUV I owned (Ford Explorer) was reliable and very cheap, but I felt like it was killing my soul driving it to work all winter. I like my Fiesta ST ok. It's somewhat of a little S box, but at least it isn't quite so boring.

It's electric - why would I think it's decent? If I'm going to spend over $30k for a vehicle, it better have a V8 and a manual transmission. Otherwise I'm not interested.

0-60 is not that important to me but it is to the automotive world. Its the first spec anyone asks about. As far as other vehicle dynamics again I say look at the engineers. I do not expect GT350 handling but if its as good or better than my wife's Escape I'll be happy.
0-60 is the strongest point of electric vehicles. The weak points are they cost too much, the batteries don't last, it takes too long to fill them up, they are dangerous to work on, bad for the environment, etc. Too many weak points to list.

My wife has an Escape as well. It's fine. It's a lower cost, practical vehicle that has plenty of room. I wouldn't buy one, but she likes it ok. She says it's too car like and is looking forward to the baby Bronco or whatever Ford will call it. If this electric vehicle cost $15 - $20k (less than the Escape), then I would be a lot more optimistic about it. Based on the pricing, it just seems stupid to me. I wouldn't even consider it. It's no good for a longer trip and I don't think it will last very long, so it really has a lot of drawbacks compared to a gas engine car.

I understand the sentiment but we already pay our taxes. I do not mind getting something back now and then. :)
The government should be using our money for important things. Not for kickbacks to private industry. Just my opinion. I don't want my money wasted on high-priced, impractical crap vehicles.

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
CARBON_MACH-3.jpg

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Where is the petition to shut the butthurt twats up that are big mad about a car name? Ill sign the shit outta that petition!

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Mike, please stop. Let's keep the political comments over on the Members Forum. You may or may not like the Mach-E as a vehicle or because of the Mustang name. Neither of those have anything to do with the "worldwide" shift from fossil fuels to alternate power sources. Right now the best mobile solution is electric. That may change in the future but every automotive manufacturer is either selling or designing electric vehicles right now. This have nothing to do with California, a leftist agenda or Millennial's. As far as where the car's are made, well that's pure economics. Why is your cellphone made in China, your large screen TV in Mexico. Manufacturers will build where they get the most return on investment. I'm sure Ford has their reasons for building the Mach-E in Mexico. Would I preferred a US built vehicle? Sure, but that's not happening.

By the way, I do agree with your first comment which is why I signed the petition. Based on what is going on in social media maybe Ford will hear us. The vehicle isn't coming for another year. The name can still be changed.
Sorry if facts are now seen as politics. I just tell the truth either way...this is a more leftist agenda going waaaaay back, and until you folks who have your point of view come to grips that we not only don't possess the infrastructure or the political will but we don't have the funds to usher in a new era in a world where basic stuff like bridges are crumbling. But hey lets use coal to make electricity and some people can pretend that's environmental...but more reasonable minds know better. I can't help it some people see this as politics purely when its so much more complex...and at this point doesn't make much sense. Oil is cheap and will be for a long time to come, and this tech isn't nearly ready for prime time, hell Tesla doesn't even make a profit on electric vehicles, and the vast majority of people buying them up till today rely heavily on gov't subsidies to do so. Like I said...its way more complex than just pure politics as you stated.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure I don't have binders on and not sure what I would do with them anyway.

It's an SUV - why would I think that it's going to be good? The last SUV I owned (Ford Explorer) was reliable and very cheap, but I felt like it was killing my soul driving it to work all winter. I like my Fiesta ST ok. It's somewhat of a little S box, but at least it isn't quite so boring.

It's electric - why would I think it's decent? If I'm going to spend over $30k for a vehicle, it better have a V8 and a manual transmission. Otherwise I'm not interested.

0-60 is the strongest point of electric vehicles. The weak points are they cost too much, the batteries don't last, it takes too long to fill them up, they are dangerous to work on, bad for the environment, etc. Too many weak points to list.

My wife has an Escape as well. It's fine. It's a lower cost, practical vehicle that has plenty of room. I wouldn't buy one, but she likes it ok. She says it's too car like and is looking forward to the baby Bronco or whatever Ford will call it. If this electric vehicle cost $15 - $20k (less than the Escape), then I would be a lot more optimistic about it. Based on the pricing, it just seems stupid to me. I wouldn't even consider it. It's no good for a longer trip and I don't think it will last very long, so it really has a lot of drawbacks compared to a gas engine car.

The government should be using our money for important things. Not for kickbacks to private industry. Just my opinion. I don't want my money wasted on high-priced, impractical crap vehicles.
I understand your points. The only reason we are even discussing this vehicle is because they named it after beloved Mustang. Otherwise why would we care?

Ford is loving this. As they say "so long as they're talkin' it doesn't matter what their sayin'"

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I understand your points. The only reason we are even discussing this vehicle is because they named it after beloved Mustang. Otherwise why would we care?

Ford is loving this. As they say "so long as they're talkin' it doesn't matter what their sayin'"
I agree if it wasn't named Mustang we would have nothing to say.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Sorry if facts are now seen as politics. I just tell the truth either way...this is a more leftist agenda going waaaaay back, and until you folks who have your point of view come to grips that we not only don't possess the infrastructure or the political will but we don't have the funds to usher in a new era in a world where basic stuff like bridges are crumbling. But hey lets use coal to make electricity and some people can pretend that's environmental...but more reasonable minds know better. I can't help it some people see this as politics purely when its so much more complex.
This is what happens when a leftist agenda meets millenials in charge of a major company
Sorry, but this is not a fact. It's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. I will not argue that. But please do not tell me its not political. It is and doesn't belong here.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Ford is not implementing Tesla's business model. Neither is GM, Toyota, Nissan, Honda, etc., etc. They are just building alternative fuel motor vehicles.
That is yet to be seen if these Ford cars ever make a profit. So far its billions in the red, so your statement isn't accurate at all bud, or at least not your criticism of my assessment of it...but my statement about Tesla and the analogy is accurate, like it or not.

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
Sorry, but this is not a fact. It's your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. I will not argue that. But please do not tell me its not political. It is and doesn't belong here.
Sorry but facts is facts, it is partly political too whether you wish that part away or not. Its what could be said an inconvenient truth.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I keep hearing Tesla analogies, does anyone else realize Tesla, as a company, has yet to make a profit?

Um, as of this past October, yes Tesla has made a profit:
https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/23/business/tesla-earnings.html

Also to note (as of this writing)
Tesla Stock: $358.17

Ford Stock: $8.92

That big ME reveal didn’t do boodiddly for Ford’s stock - and Hackett was banking on a big hurrah, because after all, this ME was supposed to be his baby. He pushed Team Edison for an all new Ford EV to be available to the public in 2020...
Sponsored