1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I hope they don't ruin the SHELBY name with this foolishness
Too late. The lack of a stick and that ugly rotary knob shifter which is also found in an ugly ass base Edge has already done that. I think Carroll would punch someone in the face over that issue alone...please people, quit telling me Carroll would be proud/impressed with the direction Ford is going in... I call BS on that!

mavisky

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Please. He was was a great racing car driver, and built some cool cars in the 60's. Everything after that was as much a marketing exercise as it was anything else. Even today the cars coming out of Shelby American are primarily bodykits with bolt on parts from the aftermarket. Let's not try and pretend this didn't happen while he was still alive.
1989-dodge-shelby-dakota.jpg

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Time out......this may not have been a Mustang but in its day was an awesome car. My co-worker had an 87’ and it was blast to drive. Actually saw one earlier this year at Shelby American. It belongs to one of the managers.
72DB411E-A4B2-45F5-A3C2-DFBA1FA2A96B.jpeg

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I have no issues with the Chrysler Shelby cars. They were well built, and the Omni GLHS actually outran the Vette down the 1/4 mile back in 1986! Oh and all these cars all had a stick and no crappy plastic shift knob shared with a mediocre SUV.

Blue Moon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
17 Ecoboost Perform Pack Std
Why would you share this?! What if some suit at FoMoCo sees it and thinks it's a good idea? Hide it! Destroy it! Kill it with fire!

Sponsored

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
I guess Shelby will be trying to polish a turd. Looks like crap, but no one cares about car styling anymore, so it should be perfect.

BuckeyeBOSS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 Mustang 545cid, 2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Z/28, 2013 Charger 392
I made a joke about this yesterday. Yet this wouldn't surprise me. As others have said, Shelby's name has been "abused" in the past too.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Too late. The lack of a stick and that ugly rotary knob shifter which is also found in an ugly ass base Edge has already done that. I think Carroll would punch someone in the face over that issue alone...please people, quit telling me Carroll would be proud/impressed with the direction Ford is going in... I call BS on that!
Carroll Shelby couldn't care less where Ford was going with their consumer products other than Shelby branded products and their race cars. But even so, that relationship was and is no longer in the same context as it was in the 60's. Shelby himself had less and less influence as the years passed on. By the 2013 GT500 it was almost non existent except for him being allowed to see the development process. Zero engineering efforts were made by Shelby American on that car. Roush Yates had way more involvement than Shelby did. But to that end, when Carroll was asked what his favorite Shelby car was his response always was "The next one." His entire philosophy throughout his entire life was going against the grain from the original GT40 to the Dodge Viper to the 2007 GT500. Carroll Shelby's inspiration was always European design with American and domestic attitude so IRS's, dual clutch transmissions, and advanced aero are perfectly fitting for his namesake. You think the GT40 was Ford or Carroll Shelby's fresh out of their heads design? lol, that's funny. Carroll Shelby was not a traditionalist.

Schwerin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
This might be where even I draw the line. UNLESS 0-60 under 2 seconds and smokes everything else out there in every metric.
Sponsored