Drag mode vs Sport +

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I gotta tell u guys, Drag mode to me is violent, I wonder if everyone with a 301a races in drag mode

The car IMO seems to hit the street tires too hard on the upshift?

Has anyone raced in sport mode to see if it’s slower on faster?

I felt like drag mode was causing the tires to break loose on their up shifts

This was on street tires, I guess on a drag radial it wouldn’t feel this way to me?
Sponsored

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I gotta tell u guys, Drag mode to me is violent, I wonder if everyone with a 301a races in drag mode

The car IMO seems to hit the street tires too hard on the upshift?

Has anyone raced in sport mode to see if it’s slower on faster?

I felt like drag mode was causing the tires to break loose on their up shifts

This was on street tires, I guess on a drag radial it wouldn’t feel this way to me?
As I said in the other thread, I could NOT use drag mode on my street tires. Shifts were too violent and just caused wheel hop. I ran 12.3 in sport+. Once I got the DRs on and eliminated the hop, I ran 11.89 in drag mode.

Guys with the performance package have the Michelin tires and they hook better. My car had Pirelli Pzero all seasons and they were worthless for drag racing.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
As I said in the other thread, I could NOT use drag mode on my street tires. Shifts were too violent and just caused wheel hop. I ran 12.3 in sport+. Once I got the DRs on and eliminated the hop, I ran 11.89 in drag mode.

Guys with the performance package have the Michelin tires and they hook better. My car had Pirelli Pzero all seasons and they were worthless for drag racing.
Exactly what I experienced
Thanks

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
305/45/17 ET Street Rs. Drag Mode / Advanced Trac Off. I launched at 2,000 rpm off the footbrake with only a quick spin of the tires because I messed up the linelock on both of my passes. Still 1.75 60ft both times. 1-2 shift did chirp pretty good but was rock solid upshifts the rest of the way. My car does not hop though. I have BMR cradle lockouts, cradle braces, vertical links, and GForce Renegade halfshafts.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Track mode also shifts hard, its a beastly mode but I do enjoy how angry the car is. Launches pretty hard also but it doesnt like slow driving. Sport+ is probably the way to go for daily driving, have you tried track mode?

Sponsored

sKyZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP, 1994 GT 'Vert

Had my car out yesterday (2019 GT A10 PP1) at the track. Drag mode, traction control off. Launched around 1k, got a 1.82 sixty foot. Second gear came, the car lost traction during the shift, RPMs got pulled down to 2000, and the car lost all power. Thought I broke an axle, but it was just due to lack of traction on the Michelin tires. I had the PZero's on my 2015 and while the Michelin tires are better, they are not good enough for the violence that drag mode brings.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Steeda stop the hop kit eliminates the wheel hop. Makes drag mode much more fun and useable

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Stop wasting time at the track on street tires. :thumbsup:

LETHAL

From the D but in the NC
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
Drag Radials and VMS coming Monday
That was not at you, just in general. I learned this the hard way with my 550's.

Sponsored

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
My 18 did good in drag mode on P-Zeros. Mine is the unicorn.

jmeiers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1/401A/A10
Vehicle Showcase
Drag Radials and VMS coming Monday
Which DRs did you go with? You will love these wheels and they just pop right on and do not require any special spacers or lug nuts, etc., like the Racestar type wheels. However, my 305/45/17 ET Street Rs did slip on the rim about 4-5 inches on both wheels. After my track rental runs next weekend and if my tires keep slipping, I will likely just go with bead lock wheels on the rear over the winter. I'm keeping the VMS fronts though because I am keeping my Brembos forever.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Which DRs did you go with? You will love these wheels and they just pop right on and do not require any special spacers or lug nuts, etc., like the Racestar type wheels. However, my 305/45/17 ET Street Rs did slip on the rim about 4-5 inches on both wheels. After my track rental runs next weekend and if my tires keep slipping, I will likely just go with bead lock wheels on the rear over the winter. I'm keeping the VMS fronts though because I am keeping my Brembos forever.
They make a glue to hold the tire in place, I never used it as all my older cars had welds and we just drilled them and screwed the tire to the wheel but i’m it so sure u can do that with a VMS

I think I may try that glue

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
My ET street Rs slipped on the rims when I had the pressure low.

OP
OP
Stymee

Stymee

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
My ET street Rs slipped on the rims when I had the pressure low.

Cleaning the bead with brake clean first really helps them bite into the rim, also running a DR super low isn’t recommended, I’d start out high if u have time to make a few passes and sneak up on pressure

15-22psi should work
Sponsored