11-17-19

Sigma6

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
02’ 360, 06’ GT, 11’ GT500, 15’ 911, 17’ 350
It's the beginning of the end. 2.78 percent manuals sold in us last yes that's it. And "sports" car are on way out in general. The good olde USA loves boring, black, white, grey SUVs. Wont be long that "sports" cars are gonna be a specialty car that only super rich can afford. Hell My top of the line cobra in 1998 cost 27k now they are gonna be over 100k for the gt500 ( I know msrp blah blah but good luck getting one under 100k). Hell the HOUSEHOLD Median income in the usa was 61k last year. Only the top 8% of earners are gonna be able to afford a "sports car" Its the beginning of the end. Soon all SUVs are gonna be sports car inspired in order to sell them. IM waiting for the fiero inspired SUV LOL
I am in agreement. I remember 15 years ago now my premium GTs msrp was something in the mid/high 17s. Fast forward til now and we’re in the low 40s. Granted inflation (sure) & about 200more hp along with more tech inside but still a mustang. But is it really worth the extra close to 30 G’s? Close to 2grand annually in 15 years. Wages Sure haven’t increased as rapidly as prices, housing, foods and technological advantages have. Maybe i am living old but I sure ain’t going to be being new sports cars. Especially when it seems more now than ever sports cars can be had at a decent price with low miles just a year or two old. Not 100% sure if it’s because people want to keep them prestigious or they’re too busy working to pay bills they can’t drive. I don’t see manuals dying tomorrow but maybe close to it it happening within the millinial gen for the US. It’s far too popular and relied upon overseas to end anytime too soon. But it is telling when Ford is going nob only with a GT500.
Sponsored

Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
mustang inspired is cool, but the pony emblem doesn not belong on it.

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Aston Martin DBX
Lamborghini Uris
Ferrari Purosangue
Porsche Cayenne

The world as we know it has changed forever.
I saw the Uris for the first time last week. What an eyesore that thing was.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
Man, isn't it going to just be great when this thing starts selling by the boatload, and Ford sees no reason to continue production their "single-use platform, high investment cost" 2 door Mustang when their NEW 4 door electric crossover "mustang" is selling in droves?

Can't wait to own one of the last 2 door Mustangs ever made!

Twin Turbo

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Mustang '05 GT
Why?

Because the “Mustang” was never and should not ever be a “brand”. It is the model of an iconic vehicle that maintained a specific body style and design aspects. The Mustang Pony logo and it’s likeness should not be affixed to ANY OTHER vehicle type, even if “Mustang inspired”.

A Mustang is NOT an SUV, it’s NOT a brand, it’s a Pony CAR.

Ford is trying to make it into a brand.

If Ford wants another vehicle that is “Mustang inspired” then call it a Palomino, an Arabian, a Caspian, a Tarpan or something of that nature.

Don’t slap the iconic Mustang Pony or it’s Tribar onto an SUV or CUV.
THIS! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Sponsored

Min Ahn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Min
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
First when Hyundai Genesis came out it came out as a model. Now it's a seperate division brand which is what I think Ford is also trying to do.
Soon our Mustangs will be called Mustang whatever along with Mustang CUV SUV Sedan and so on lol

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
4/17/64
11/17/19

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I could see it as a second vehicle for someone who is really rich. Like some of my neighbors have golf carts that they use to drive around their property. OK for short commutes and for people who don't keep cars for very long. Not good for people who like to drive farther or own older vehicles.

Electric vehicles are not for me - especially with the current technology. I just don't like the idea of batteries as they currently are constructed. Maybe if they figure out a new battery technology that doesn't use heavy metals, doesn't wear out so quickly, can be completely recycled and can be filled very rapidly.

I also don't like the idea of electric cars due to the potential danger of working on them. If I buy a vehicle, I'd like to be able to fix it. And working on an electric vehicle in my opinion is like working on a gas engine vehicle while the engine is running. That electrical energy is always there ready to zap you if you touch the wrong thing.

I won't go into the Mustang image being used in an SUV. I think others (especially Cobra Jet) have expressed opinions very similar to mine already.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Prokiller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1994 Mustang GT & 2018 Mustang GT PP2
you guys are crazy. inspiration doesn't mean anything other than conceptual design cues. not another mustang branded vehicle. electric cars are the way of the future and will put just about all our cars to shame in the torque department. i for one, am excited to see this and hope it is a Tesla model X killer. mustangs will only survive as long as ford does so you need to open your eyes to the future market.

Sponsored

1MEAN18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
'18 GT
I don't like the fact Ford has now used 2 iconic, historic names in a way that doesn't reflect or respect the past. This new Mach E...using the name Mach is ignorant! And calling the 2020 GT500 a GT500 breaks with past history because its no longer offered with a manual transmission at all. Sorry Ford, not everyone likes your newest offerings....unless they are a millenial.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
you guys are crazy. mustangs will only survive as long as ford does so you need to open your eyes to the future market.
Like maybe their "3rd eye". Sorry couldn't resist the Tool reference after seeing your Sig pic

OP
OP
Topnotch

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I don't like the fact Ford has now used 2 iconic, historic names in a way that doesn't reflect or respect the past. This new Mach E...using the name Mach is ignorant! And calling the 2020 GT500 a GT500 breaks with past history because its no longer offered with a manual transmission at all. Sorry Ford, not everyone likes your newest offerings....unless they are a millenial.
1. They are not using the Mach name. this was decided a long time ago. 2. Just because it breaks with past history doesn't mean its not a GT500. I'm sure the buyers for this new classic will agree.
Sponsored