Sponsored

Paxton S550 Acceptable Knock range on datalog?

OP
OP
Justin5_oh

Justin5_oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Paxton 2200SL
I used the VP booster brand. It was on the shelf at the speed shop where I do all my business.
VP booster I've heard good things about. I'll give it a try. I appreciate the memory jog.
Sponsored

Whitltng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
Svt lightning 18 mustang gt
You should be able to find e85 in upper Florida.. have a station blocks away from my home here in miami ..

OP
OP
Justin5_oh

Justin5_oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
You should be able to find e85 in upper Florida.. have a station blocks away from my home here in miami ..
I do have E85 about 30 minutes away and wouldn't mind going that route. I guess I'd have to start looking for a return style system since I don't think my JMS bap and DW95 injectors with my stock fuel system wouldn't support e85.

Whitltng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
Best system for dollar is the twin gt350 pumps..
I'll be running that system in a few weeks. Still debating on switching pulleys

OP
OP
Justin5_oh

Justin5_oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Best system for dollar is the twin gt350 pumps..
I'll be running that system in a few weeks. Still debating on switching pulleys
You think just swapping to the gt350 fuel pumps is enough for e85? Basically no return style system just a fuel pump swap?

Sponsored

Whitltng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)
No you have to do a return system. Look up the gt350 fuel system.. modified 350 hat they add a return line with a fpr.. those pumps are good for 850 on e85 for 18+ cars.

OP
OP
Justin5_oh

Justin5_oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
No you have to do a return system. Look up the gt350 fuel system.. modified 350 hat they add a return line with a fpr.. those pumps are good for 850 on e85 for 18+ cars.
Awesome I'll take a look when comparing to other options. Thank you for the guidance! I'll give an update after I try some octane booster regarding the knock and give an update and new log.

kcc0521

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bo
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP
The GT350 setup might be goot for an 18-up with direct injection but they run out too soon on e85 in the 15-17 cars. Most that buy that system upgrade shortly after. I would just go with a Fore setup to begin with. It is not worth losing a motor over a few extra bucks.

OP
OP
Justin5_oh

Justin5_oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
The GT350 setup might be goot for an 18-up with direct injection but they run out too soon on e85 in the 15-17 cars. Most that buy that system upgrade shortly after. I would just go with a Fore setup to begin with. It is not worth losing a motor over a few extra bucks.
Thank you for the clarification. I was looking around and a aftermarket kit isn't much more anyways.

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
Thank you for the clarification. I was looking around and a aftermarket kit isn't much more anyways.
I had issues with a gt350 fuel hat that went away once I bought Fore. Like many have suggested, buy an L1 dual pump with the 465s and you should be good (unless you plan on >800 whp, then you should just directly go with L4).

Sponsored
OP
OP
Justin5_oh

Justin5_oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I had issues with a gt350 fuel hat that went away once I bought Fore. Like many have suggested, buy an L1 dual pump with the 465s and you should be good (unless you plan on >800 whp, then you should just directly go with L4).
My plan is to stay 700-750 so the L1 should do?

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
My plan is to stay 700-750 so the L1 should do?
Yep it should be plenty. If you ever want to upgrade in the future, it's pretty easy to as well with Fore. It's what I'm currently doing actually and it's pretty much the same money spent either way.

https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/fore-42-521.html

There's the link. I would call Terry because the can generally give you a good deal. Make sure to get the Walbro High pressure 465 pumps

Edit: make sure to talk to him about your electrical setup as well and pick what fits what you want.

OP
OP
Justin5_oh

Justin5_oh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
Yep it should be plenty. If you ever want to upgrade in the future, it's pretty easy to as well with Fore. It's what I'm currently doing actually and it's pretty much the same money spent either way.

https://www.teambeefcakeracing.com/fore-42-521.html

There's the link. I would call Terry because the can generally give you a good deal. Make sure to get the Walbro High pressure 465 pumps

Edit: make sure to talk to him about your electrical setup as well and pick what fits what you want.
Awesome can't wait! I was looking for an excuse to jump to E85 lol

Whitltng

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Manny
Vehicle(s)

What issues did you have?

aleccesarenriquez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alec
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP
What issues did you have?
Something was up with the hat that it couldn't achieve a proper vacuum to let the crossover function properly. If my car got to less than half a tank, it would just drop to empty all of a sudden. Also when filling up, I could only fill up with like 8 gallons even though the gauge was reading empty.

It was pretty weird and definitely a traumatic experience the first time it happened lol
Sponsored