Sponsored

Paxton s550

Jack14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Just purchased my first mustang and will be going forced induction shortly! Looking to go with a centrifugal set up and am leaning towards the paxton unit. I plan on going with the Paxton 2200SL blower with 1000cc injectors, a Vortech BAP and a 3.33 inch 6 rib pulley with a remote tune from Lund. The car as of now is stock aside from axel back and intake. My question is are there any other supporting mods that are necessary immediately with this set up? I plan on swapping out headers soon but I'm currently running stock. Any input or recommendations are helpful. Thanks!
Sponsored

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Oil pump gears and crank gear upgraded to billet ones.
Sai Li twin fuel return fuel system or the more expensive FORE system
1050X ID injectors since they no longer make the ID1000's
Are you automatic or manual?

OP
OP

Jack14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Oil pump gears and crank gear upgraded to billet ones.
Sai Li twin fuel return fuel system or the more expensive FORE system
1050X ID injectors since they no longer make the ID1000's
Are you automatic or manual?
Im manual. Are billet gears a must or will I be alright with stock for the first couple thousand miles? I was told with a BAP and 1000+cc injectors i should be fine as far as fueling. Was I misinformed?

Brent Davis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Shadow Black Premium Mustang GT
Im manual. Are billet gears a must or will I be alright with stock for the first couple thousand miles? I was told with a BAP and 1000+cc injectors i should be fine as far as fueling. Was I misinformed?
It'll cost you more to have the gears installed AFTER the blower is on because they have to remove all that so if you get it done up front it'll be cheaper. Yes the BP will work with those injectors as well but a fuel system would be even better with the return. As for the manual you will have to research a good clutch for later and also half shafts if you are drag racing it.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
If you're dragging it go with McLeod RST, many people shattering tranny on RXT. You'll need half shafts and 1 piece drive shaft as well if launching it. If not, you'll be fine on stock equipment on the street. As mentioned OPG and CS are recommended and I would just go Sai Li return system from the get go if I could do it all over again. No worry about BAP stress on pumps plus ability to run E85 from the get go. E85 plus boost = massive power.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Jack14

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks for the help so far guys! Definitely should have mentioned that its just going to be for street use for now. mostly 30mph and up pulls. I have a dedicated track toy so that fulfills most of my hoonigan needs!

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
In that case, Drag radials and enjoy as far as drivetrain. Rst when clutch taps out. Timing gear and OPG still a good idea. Lund has been awesome for me. Starting E85 tune tomorrow with Jon Jr.

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Thanks for the help so far guys! Definitely should have mentioned that its just going to be for street use for now. mostly 30mph and up pulls. I have a dedicated track toy so that fulfills most of my hoonigan needs!
Opg cs is not a requirement but more so insurance. Some will say they are pushing 20 psi on 100% stock block with out issue. It was an easy decision for me, $500 now or 5-10k later. Depending on motor build options. If you plan on having traction @ a 30 punch, look into half shafts and clutch. You say you have a track toy, so you understand, buy once right.

Also best advise is try and think longer term with the goals of the car. Sucks spending money 2-3 times on the same parts. Or two different Fi setups in 7 months. :(

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
there isn't anything you "have" to have, it's all based on your budget and how you'll be using the car.

If your draggin, a clutch and half shafts are a good idea for sure, then a drive shaft.

opgs and crank sprocket if you have the time and $$.

hit us up with any questions, we are paxtons largest auto dealer and have some great packages put together with them and lund

Sponsored

jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 White GT PP, 2022 F350
Hatley just needs to sell sell off his crumbs to the rest of us peasants LOL
Once the car is up and running, ill post up what I have left over. What are you looking for?

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
Unless you're running race gas, you'll need a fuel system and e85 to run that pulley.

Phoenix

Instagram: PhoenixNFA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Tech AvGrey/Black Stripes
Once the car is up and running, ill post up what I have left over. What are you looking for?
ID1300s and a fuel system:cheers:

Marvelous D S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Magnetic PP
OPGS/Crank spocket----Cheap Insurance.. Do it! as far as Fuel system.. Talk to Lund what they want for you. I Have the Paxton with ID1000s 3.6 Pulley JLT intake GT350 Manifold Longtubes CatLess and BAP.

But to answer your question "any other supporting mods that are necessary immediately with this set up" I would say OPG/Spocket .. the others can be added on later.

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
I'm local and not afraid to play scavenger :) hit me up when you part out your leftovers.
Sponsored