Faceme

MOCJ JAPAN
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT, Jeep Patriot limited
you dont "blow a turbo" with low rpm and full throttle. Thats how you blow the engine.
Whole thing makes no sense.

On another note, the hp ecoboost seems like a great circuit car but it is wayy too pricey for what your getting. imo.
you can get better performance for cheaper by modding the car yourself if your serious about racing.
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
you dont "blow a turbo" with low rpm and full throttle. Thats how you blow the engine.

On another note, the hp ecoboost seems like a great circuit car but it is wayy too pricey for what your getting. imo.
you can get better performance for cheaper by modding the car yourself if your serious about racing.

I really don't think so.

Go look into the ecoboost threads, or even the turbonetics thread. Those people are paying serious cash, for something you can now check off, when ordering. Not sure how it's pricey.

The HPP is just like a GT PP1... it's just lighter, and comes with a Ford Performance Ecoboost, instead of Gen3 Yote.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I really don't think so.

Go look into the ecoboost threads, or even the turbonetics thread. Those people are paying serious cash, for something you can now check off, when ordering. Not sure how it's pricey.

The HPP is just like a GT PP1... it's just lighter, and comes with a Ford Performance Ecoboost, instead of Gen3 Yote.
Agreed. The HPP is actually more than reasonable when you factor in the turbo and tune.

2018 Performance Package. $2495.00
Active Exhaust $895.00
FP HP Turbo. $1250.00
FP Tune. $635.00
Total $5275.00

2020 High Performance Package $4995.00

Now if your talking about a purpose built racer, and your doing all the wrenching yourself, starting with a base car, yeah maybe, you could do it for less.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
Now if your talking about a purpose built racer, and your doing all the wrenching yourself,
one would pick better components than what Ford provides, I should think.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Agreed. The HPP is actually more than reasonable when you factor in the turbo and tune.

2018 Performance Package. $2495.00
Active Exhaust $895.00
FP HP Turbo. $1250.00
FP Tune. $635.00
Total $5275.00

2020 High Performance Package $4995.00

Now if your talking about a purpose built racer, and your doing all the wrenching yourself, starting with a base car, yeah maybe, you could do it for less.
It is more than that, you also get a different (Ford Performance) RS engine, with unique internals for the 2.3hpo. As a good starting point for a conservative tune. Manual HPP's will easily be able to do 0~60mph in 4.5s w/tune...

Sponsored

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
here in NoVA it seems the EB far, far outnumber V8. I think Ford's next move is to put the 2.7 Eco v6 in the car as the HiPO but they no doubt had good business reasons to use the 2.3 to keep the Spanish plant viable for a few more years till they figure out where this 'small car' market and regulatory winds are going.
Thats weird. I can go a day or 2 without seeing a 5.0, but EVERYDAY I see an EB or v6...

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
I really do like this package for the Ecoboost guys, but once again i wish ford would of taken it even further, there no reason why they couldn’t of gotten north of 350hp. My guess is when guys start to dyno these cars it’ll be a pretty nice improvement

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Turbo lag? Apparently you haven't driven the 2.3. The factory V8 tune is actually rather numb. Both engines benefit from fixing the throttle maps via aftermarket tunes.
Yes exactly, Ford is pretty bad about the stock throttle map, and they’re really conservative about how much boost they let the engine get at low Rpms, probably for stress related reasons. Because as we all know with a tune all of the Ecoboost engines wake da fuck up at low Rpms

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

turbos fail from high rpm, high load not low rpm trucking around. Now i have seen some guys fry a few turbos from pulling a trailer up a mountain. It was an issue in the early 3.5s but that’s what 1-3 percent of the whole run lol

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
Thats weird. I can go a day or 2 without seeing a 5.0, but EVERYDAY I see an EB or v6...
Just so you know, this 2.3high performance model was just reviewed and released 2 weeks ago.!

Expect to see & read more about it.

Sponsored

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
Just so you know, this 2.3high performance model was just reviewed and released 2 weeks ago.!

Expect to see & read more about it.
Im very excited to read more about it!
Get confirmation as to its 0-60 AND get its 1/4 mile. I'd expect 13.2 -13.4 sec.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
It is more than that, you also get a different (Ford Performance) RS engine, with unique internals for the 2.3hpo. As a good starting point for a conservative tune. Manual HPP's will easily be able to do 0~60mph in 4.5s w/tune...
The reaction over price is a little dramatic. I tested one today. Sticker was $43k which included the HPP, handling package, and 201a package. The dealer price is $39,700 before any dealing. Overall it’s a very nice package for the price. I felt like the interior was more spacious up front than my GT but I doubt that’s the case. Loved the new lcd display. Not sure if that’s new for 2020 or a carry over from 19 but it’s great.

Lots of torque and active exhaust sounds like a aftermarket v6. Surprisingly very loud for a 4. The A10 on the ecoboost is smoother combination than the GT. Under full throttle you always feel in control of the car. GT feels heavier obviously and really feels loose in comparison when going wot from a stop in drag mode to get to 60 in about the same amount of time. In comparison to my Audi, which had about the same torque, you accelerate faster without needing launch control in the ecoboost. That being said I felt like a tune and drop in filter would smooth things out a bit and hopefully allow you to hear the turbos. Overall you have yourself a real beautiful car.

Last edited:

3oostdmstng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Ecoboost
The reaction over price is a little dramatic. I tested one today. Sticker was $43k which included the HPP, handling package, and 201a package. The dealer price is $39,700 before any dealing. Overall it’s a very nice package for the price. I felt like the interior was more spacious up front than my GT but I doubt that’s the case. Loved the new lcd display. Not sure if that’s new for 2020 or a carry over from 19 but it’s great.

Lots of torque and active exhaust sounds like a aftermarket v6. Surprisingly very loud for a 4. The A10 on the ecoboost is smoother combination than the GT. Under full throttle you always feel in control of the car. GT feels heavier obviously and really feels loose in comparison when going wot from a stop in drag mode to get to 60 in about the same amount of time. In comparison to my Audi, which had about the same torque you accelerate faster without needing launch control. That being said I felt like a tune and drop in filter would smooth things out a bit and hopefully allow you to hear the turbos. Overall you have yourself a real beautiful car.

I'm guessing the dealer would fill them up with 87. Did you ask?
Like the regular EB, the HPP makes it rated 332hp on 93 octane.

I currently looking at inventory at my local ford dealers and no HPP EB yet. Im even looking at cargurus for new cars within 150 mi. Lucky you found one already.

I hope they get to dealers SOON!

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm guessing the dealer would fill them up with 87. Did you ask?
Like the regular EB, the HPP makes it rated 332hp on 93 octane.

I currently looking at inventory at my local ford dealers and no HPP EB yet. Im even looking at cargurus for new cars within 150 mi. Lucky you found one already.

I hope they get to dealers SOON!
I didn’t ask but I’m assuming you’re correct. The one I drove was the black one at lasco ford in Fenton mi. My usual dealer closer to Detroit, which is much larger, didn’t have any either.

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
A fully loaded HPP will always outhandle a GT, because it has the same suspension, just 200lbs lighter in the front. The 2.3 high performance optioned Mustangs have better balance, too...

The only difference between the HPP and PP1 Mustangs, is power delivery...
(ie: gen3 yote/2.3hpo).
Sponsored