Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
I think so as well. A different nearby dealership has two, I think really good deals on remaining 19 EB's:

base 19 EB PP, 10 speed automatic, 101A Package, Active Valve Exhaust and luster wheels: $31,700 purchase price.

Premium 19 EB PP, 10 speed automatic transmission, 101A Package, Carbon Fiber Interior, Active Valve Exhaust, and luster wheels: $34,500.

With the 2020 EB's (and GT's) arriving now AND the arrival of the 2020 HPP EB, it appears that dealerships are throwing nice rebates at the remaining 2019 models. I am curious to see what, if any, increased rebates Ford may offer for October.
I found a 2017 Shelby Supersnake with 95 miles (technically new since it's never been titled) on it for $42K yesterday at dealership. They MSRP for around 100K. Even though it's not a true production Shelby with all the performance add-ons that's a ridiculous deal. Lot's of Ford customer hysteria for the latest and greatest going on right now pushing prices down on previous models. Same thing with the C7 which I consider the best Corvette ever. I bought a 2012 Audi A5 for a daily last year. i will always be tempted by buying a last year model ecoboost modding the shit out of it and using it as my daily.
Sponsored

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Ecoboost (NX2)
I bought a 2012 Audi A5 for a daily last year. i will always be tempted by buying a last year model ecoboost modding the shit out of it and using it as my daily.
I used to have an Audi A3 2.0L as well as a daily drive, it was a great car but honestly my Ecoboost Mustang is better, believe it or not the ecoboost rides better and is much more comfortable on long distance trips. The low down torque makes it so easy to pilot on the freeway. Really the only area the ecoboost is worse as a daily is parking, because of the size its tougher to park but thats it. It doesnt even have any significantly higher running costs,

tokuzumi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Escalade ESV
While I've never driven the EB Mustang to compare, I find low end torque in my wife's A3 with the 1.8 quite good. First gear is a little jerky as the car builds boost, but it moves rather well.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Just curious, but has there been any reviews that give performance stats yet? 1/4 mile, 0-60, breaking, etc?

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase

Jakester

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jake
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Ecoboost Premium | Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surprised they are saying it can do 0-60 in the mid 4s.
Even more so that it seems to perform "way better" than the current Eco PP. Does the extra HP really do that much or is it the other stuff of that package which changes that 0-60 so drastically?

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
4.5 ain’t to shabby. It’ll be interesting to see. if it falls on its face up top. Or can pull off a 12 second slip.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
4.5 ain’t to shabby. It’ll be interesting to see. if it falls on its face up top. Or can pull off a 12 second slip.
I don’t think the 12slip. But reports says it holds its power all the way up to 6500rpm.

So far, the reviews have been positive.

Sponsored

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I severely doubt that it will do a 12 second time stock even with drag tyres. Its not enough power and torque as stock.

With a tune it will almost certainly break into the 12s, though its going to take some time for the tuners to safely get max power out of the new compressor wheel. I think to be safe the tuned cars need to be running autos just to minimise boost surge which might crack the block when maxxing out the turbo.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
I’m going to go out on the line here...

I say the new 2020 HiPo IF driven by someone who knows what they are doing at the track; knows how to get the stock power to the ground and is shifting at optimum RPM could probably break away from 13’s and into a 12.99... that’s essentially “12’s”.

Hell, this member in a completely stock 2018 EB A10 did a 13.25:
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/my-bone-stock-18-ecoboost-a10-ran-13-25-last-night.124003/

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
It will most certainly break into 12 sec territory if it's truly capable of a 4.5 sec 0-60. Many of the competitors (for ex:Audi s5\BMW 440) with around the same 0-60 are capable of 12 sec 1/4 miles but yet weigh couple hundred pounds more.

It will be hurting some Mustang GT manuals owners feeling's at the track. That's my prediction

StealthStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It will most certainly break into 12 sec territory if it's truly capable of a 4.5 sec 0-60. Many of the competitors (for ex:Audi s5\BMW 440) with around the same 0-60 are capable of 12 sec 1/4 miles but yet weigh couple hundred pounds more.

It will be hurting some Mustang GT manuals owners feeling's at the track. That's my prediction
Im pretty sure on a handling focused track tuned ecoboosts using performance pack are already faster, cause my Roush stage 1 is already pretty even with a GT on short straights and my car does tend to drop off in power near the redline. For a quarter mile though i still think it will be hard to break into the 12s, youd need a lot of factors to align and even then youll be like 12.9s.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Im pretty sure on a handling focused track tuned ecoboosts using performance pack are already faster, cause my Roush stage 1 is already pretty even with a GT on short straights and my car does tend to drop off in power near the redline. For a quarter mile though i still think it will be hard to break into the 12s, youd need a lot of factors to align and even then youll be like 12.9s.
true.
Sponsored