Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Even then the difference is going to be too minimal in my book. You can probably get a 19 now for way under MSRP. Unless they have gold plated engines in the 2020 I'd go 19. That being said next year when they're touting the 2021 I would go with a 2020 for well below MSRP. Just the kind of guy I am. I'm a cheap ass. And the whole Euro engine thing doesn't score points with me when I'm 60 miles from flat rock. Yeah yeah I know they use parts from all over the world and nothing is made in America anymore. It's a little thing but it's still a thing.
I have no issue with your buying sensibilities, but cost does not necessarily determine a better buy on its own. Cost is certainly a big factor, but other things like color, interior options, performance, transmission etc as well as plain ole what you want also weights into someones decision. Some people value stock factory performance higher than needing to fiddle with it afterwards. Some want the config to be exactly the way they want it. Those among many other reasons would deter a buyer getting a "cheaper" leftover rather than getting the latest and greatest per their tastes. I personally am the opposite of you, for a frivolous purchase like a Mustang, why would I "cheap out" on it? If you can afford to pay the few thousand more and get exactly what you want (and still the ability to mod it later), why not do it? Different strokes for different folks I guess. I am just happy that there is as many choices as there are. I hope that options and choices don't go the way of the Dodo in the future. Just imagine buying a Mustang with one engine choice, one trans choice, what size infotainment choice and 3 colors!!!

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
You know what SHOULD be pissing people off? The fact that the Destination charges have been increased and there’s now almost a $700.00 “Acquisition Fee”... my prior 2016 and 2018 never had any such “Acquisition Fee” and Destination was only $995....

The rail pathways and transporter routes haven’t changed - but damn let’s jack the destination another $100.... and let’s add another new fee...
The "Acquisition Fee" is a lease thing. Select financing and it goes away. Insert infinite threads ad nauseam about the pros and cons of leasing.

The HiPo package is basically the old PP ($2495) with the active exhaust package ($895). You lose the Torsen diff but it's still limited slip so if you don't care about the handling package you don't care about that. So you're paying $1605 for the hotter engine plus some tape stripes and trim. Stiff if you don't like the stripes, but not out of line with Ford's typical pricing considering that a 18/19 Ford Performance tune goes for $635.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The "Acquisition Fee" is a lease thing. Select financing and it goes away. Insert infinite threads ad nauseam about the pros and cons of leasing.

The HiPo package is basically the old PP ($2495) with the active exhaust package ($895). You lose the Torsen diff but it's still limited slip so if you don't care about the handling package you don't care about that. So you're paying $1605 for the hotter engine plus some tape stripes and trim. Stiff if you don't like the stripes, but not out of line with Ford's typical pricing considering that a 18/19 Ford Performance tune goes for $635.
By the way Ford Performance sells the turbo for $1250.00.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro

The 2015-17 EB/PP was $1995.00

AGM2018

Even then the difference is going to be too minimal in my book. You can probably get a 19 now for way under MSRP. Unless they have gold plated engines in the 2020 I'd go 19. That being said next year when they're touting the 2021 I would go with a 2020 for well below MSRP. Just the kind of guy I am. I'm a cheap ass. And the whole Euro engine thing doesn't score points with me when I'm 60 miles from flat rock. Yeah yeah I know they use parts from all over the world and nothing is made in America anymore. It's a little thing but it's still a thing.
Both of the drives were done at a dealership...and yes, both cars probably had 87 octane in them. And from what I have seen in my local area, the remaining 19 EB's are heavily discounted. The 19 EB PP I drove (base trim, 101A, 10 speed and PP) can be purchased for $29,600.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Both of the drives were done at a dealership...and yes, both cars probably had 87 octane in them. And from what I have seen in my local area, the remaining 19 EB's are heavily discounted. The 19 EB PP I drove (base trim, 101A, 10 speed and PP) can be purchased for $29,600.
That’s a fantastic deal.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
The 2015-17 EB/PP was $1995.00
Yeah, three years ago. And in 2018 they added the Torsen diff, the front tower strut, and the GT rear wing to the Ecoboost PP and it was $2495.

Sponsored

AGM2018

That’s a fantastic deal.
I think so as well. A different nearby dealership has two, I think really good deals on remaining 19 EB's:

base 19 EB PP, 10 speed automatic, 101A Package, Active Valve Exhaust and luster wheels: $31,700 purchase price.

Premium 19 EB PP, 10 speed automatic transmission, 101A Package, Carbon Fiber Interior, Active Valve Exhaust, and luster wheels: $34,500.

With the 2020 EB's (and GT's) arriving now AND the arrival of the 2020 HPP EB, it appears that dealerships are throwing nice rebates at the remaining 2019 models. I am curious to see what, if any, increased rebates Ford may offer for October.

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
Yeah, three years ago. And in 2018 they added the Torsen diff, the front tower strut, and the GT rear wing to the Ecoboost PP and it was $2495.
The '18-19 EBPP was a screaming deal if you wanted a truly base equipment level with a ton of performance potential beyond simply straight-line go. That's always appealing to me - I love the true muscle-car ethos of reduced content in the name of performance. That said, I also appreciate higher trim levels & safety equipment without the V8 price/weight penalty. The HPP/HP may not be the screaming deal that the 18-19 EBPP cars were, but it's still solid value. If it came with the 6-pot Brembos up front, it would be a no-brainer.

AGM2018

The '18-19 EBPP was a screaming deal if you wanted a truly base equipment level with a ton of performance potential beyond simply straight-line go. That's always appealing to me - I love the true muscle-car ethos of reduced content in the name of performance. That said, I also appreciate higher trim levels & safety equipment without the V8 price/weight penalty. The HPP/HP may not be the screaming deal that the 18-19 EBPP cars were, but it's still solid value. If it came with the 6-pot Brembos up front, it would be a no-brainer.

I agree. To me, the "64K Question" is: if one is currently in the market for a EB PP, do they buy a 19 EB PP for at/around 30K and use the extra money to upgrade the intercooler, tires and factory tune OR is it a better all around financial decision to buy a 2020 EB PPP?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
19 EB PP, 6MT, 101A, Active Valve Exhaust = $26,500 + TTL (mine, 5/31/19)
19 EB PP, 10AT, 101A, MR = 26.5 + TTL
19 EB PP, 10AT, 101A = 25.5 + TTL
etc.
If we're going to continue with this, probably should start a dedicated thread.

If timeline of purchase is 'now' as opposed to next July, the '19 is the easy answer.
IC 600-700
Tune 400
6-pots $1100
Suspension $1200 (eg. Steeda Active, prebuilt)

Last edited:

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
19 EB PP, 6MT, 101A, Active Valve Exhaust = $26,500 + TTL (mine, 5/31/19)
19 EB PP, 10AT, 101A, MR = 26.5 + TTL
19 EB PP, 10AT, 101A = 25.5 + TTL
etc.
If we're going to continue with this, probably should start a dedicated thread.

If timeline of purchase is 'now' as opposed to next July, the '19 is the easy answer.
Honestly it’s only easy if the buyer wants last years model. If they do I’m in total agreement with you. If they want the latest and, maybe, greatest then they will plunk down the $$$ on a 2020. I hope they sell lots of both. As Mustang owners it’s in our best interest that they do.
Sponsored