Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L High Performance Package Priced at $4,995

Discussion in 'Mustang S550 General Forums' started by EcoVert, May 28, 2019.

1. EcoVert

EcoVert Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 Ecoboost convertible
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    #1 EcoVert, May 28, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2019
    Via Autoblog:

The 2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost High Performance Package (see full specs/details) ports the Focus RS engine to America's favorite pony car. The custom-tuned 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder comes up short of full Focus RS horsepower, but still bumps the Mustang up by 20 ponies to 330 hp, while torque holds steady at 350 pound-feet. CarsDirect found the price for the package will be $4,995, and writes that a 2020 Mustang EcoBoost Fastback will cost $32,760 after destination.

That price includes a $275 increase for the Mustang across the board, the base EcoBoost going from $26,395 to $26,670. Changes to the 2020 Mustang include four more exterior colors, standard FordPass Connect, and 17-inch silver aluminum wheels for the entry-level car.

That $32,760 figure leaves a healthy gap of nearly $4,000 to the base Mustang GT, and the High Performance Package involves far more than just the engine. The Mustang GT contributes its brakes and rear spoiler, while the front lip spoiler comes from the Mustang GT Performance Package. There's also a shock tower brace, fatter front and rear sway bars, a 3.55 rear axle ratio with a limited-slip differential, wider 255-mm Pirelli summer tires on 19-inch painted aluminum wheels, retuned steering, braking, stability control, and suspension, and a few cosmetic changes like the dark gray grille.

The High Performance Package will be available on the EcoBoost coupe and convertible, with the six-speed manual or 10-speed automatic transmission. Buyers who order it will get access to the EcoBoost Handling Package, but that goody is only for the coupe. It will cost $1,995, but it needs the 101A Equipment Package that adds Sync3 and selectable drive modes for another $2,000. That puts the price with destination at $36,755 with the six-speed transmission — $30 more than a base Mustang GT. The Handling Package adds items like MagneRide suspension, upgraded LSD, stiffer springs, thicker rear sway bar, and 265-mm Pirelli P Zero tires.

Compared to the primary challenger, adding just the EcoBoost HPP without the Handling Package makes the 330-hp Mustang $1,765 more than the track-focused 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LE with the 275-hp four-cylinder, and $270 more than the 2019 Camaro 1LE with the 335-hp V6. Decisions, decisions.

g-2.3L-EcoBoost-High-Performance-Package-2019-New-York-Auto-Show-Exterior-012-Blue-Badge-720x340.jpg

w3rkn and Twin Turbo like this.
  2. kwpony

kwpony Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 EcoBoost PP
    0   0   0
    Is this going to be a tough sale for Ford ?:inspect:

3. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Donald
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
    Gov
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    It’ll sell. No doubt about it.

w3rkn, EcoVert and 320guy like this.
  4. 320guy

320guy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    EB PP soon
    0   0   0
    I would jump on this car in a heartbeat, before going to the base GT. Base GT is too basic, no modes, all clothes, blah blah blah. Yes, you have a 5.0L and the sound, but a boring cockpit.

Ford Performance could a tune that could get close to 400HP, but they won’t. That will be too close to a GT power. I’m sure tuners will get this car up there and it weights less than a GT.

5. ForYourOwnGood

ForYourOwnGood Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0

If you're buying these cars for the interior you might want to go check out something different. I'd pay to have all the stupid gadgets and leather removed honestly, the leather seats are the worst I've ever sat on in 20 years of driving and the Sync 3 system is retarded. I'd rather just have the old school buttons and a couple of knobs for everything. The only thing I actually like about the premium is the drive modes.

Sannity, VinnAY and johnscousin like this.
  6. Jeff's FRC

Jeff's FRC Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2015 DIB GT
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I believe the prices quoted in article are BASE ecoboost performance car to a BASE GT, unless the performance pack Eco comes only on premium cars?
    Lol wut?! You like the base infotainment pos over the Sync3 and would pay to remove your leather seats??? I'm POSITIVE you could find someone with base seats to trade you especially if you're gonna pay them...lmao

7. OP
    OP
    EcoVert

Vehicle(s):
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    I agree with you I understand the base info center in the entry level Ecoboost
    2015frd016f_640_11.jpg

But the base GT should come with the much better sync3 system. The base GT isn't a entry level car.

11.jpg

shogun32 and NoVaGT like this.
  8. 320guy

320guy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    EB PP soon
    0   0   0
    True, but premium is about 5k extra. And the handling package include magnaride and the rear diff is Torsen (like 2018-19 PP). From what I’ve read the HP doesn’t have Torsen, unless has the handling pack. So we are looking somewhere around 42-43k for a fully optioned EB HP with handling. That’s only 1-2k more of my MSRP, for a better engine with bigger turbo, magnaride and whatever is extra.

Lol wut?! You like the base infotainment pos over the Sync3 and would pay to remove your leather seats??? I'm POSITIVE you could find someone with base seats to trade you especially if you're gonna pay them...lmao[/QUOTE]

Sync 3 is superior to other infotainment systems I’ve seen/had.

sdiver68 and ktp1598 like this.
  9. NoVaGT

NoVaGT Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Performance Pack
    0   0   0
    IMO, the premium packages on Mustangs are rip-offs, it's simply a matter of aesthetics. I'd say the 301A and 101A packages are a bit over-priced at $2K, and should be included in the base cars. All the rest of the doohickies and doo-dads are a matter of personal taste. The base seats are better, and lighter. The "leather" premium seats aren't, and they wear terribly. The SYNC 3 should be standard on the base cars, like it is on the Camaro.

Ford is raising prices on Mustangs, in a serious way. The company is changing fast.

stangs-R-me and Sannity like this.
  10. 320guy

320guy Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    EB PP soon
    0   0   0
    The base GT has the same system as the base Ecoboost. Go to a dealer and look at it...unless you add the 301A option to the Gt you have the same system.

Same as the base EB, you can’t add the 101A and have the sync3.

11. NoVaGT

NoVaGT Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Performance Pack
    0   0   0
    EB 101A adds the SYNC3 system.

EcoVert likes this.
  12. OP
    OP
    EcoVert

Vehicle(s):
    Garage Profiles:
    0   0   0
    Yes I know this I'm just saying the base GT shouldn't have the base info system.

320guy likes this.
  13. Jeff's FRC

Vehicle(s):
    2015 DIB GT
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    If I was buying a new car I would probably just go with a 301A car like you said because I don't drive my Mustang much, but back in 15, if you didn't order a premium car you were stuck with that horrible base infotainment, crappy painted rear bumper that didn't match the rest of the car, and no toggle modes...definitely poverty edition! I'm unsure how you think the base seats are better? Lighter, yes, but better?

You have a base car, right?

14. Jeff's FRC

Vehicle(s):
    2015 DIB GT
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    Every Mustang should come with Sync3 with how much these cars are...

NoVaGT, 320guy and EcoVert like this.
  15. NoVaGT

NoVaGT Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Performance Pack
    0   0   0
    The 301A package wasn't available in 2015?

Yes, I have a base/PP1 2016 car. My 2012 GT was a "Premium" Track Pack car.

The base seats are much more comfortable, and Ford's pleather wears out quickly. I DD my cars, and the base seats aren't 1000 degrees on a hot day, they grip very good in the corners, and they're probably 100lbs lighter than the Premium seats.

I've also driven my car on a 2800 mile road trip, and I can assure you, the base seats provided amazing comfort. 11 hours at the wheel was pure comfort.

The modes IDGAF about. I shut all that stuff off every time I get in the car. Give me 0 nannies, and I'm happy.

stangs-R-me likes this.
  16. NoVaGT

NoVaGT Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Performance Pack
    0   0   0
    Absolutely!!

17. Monopoly

Monopoly Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang GT, 2012 Civic Si
    0   0   0
    Some people don't care about the bells and whistles and just want a V8. Cloth seats are perfect.

King_V and VinnAY like this.
  18. Jeff's FRC

Vehicle(s):
    2015 DIB GT
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    The 301a package was NOT available until the 2018 cars.

So are you saying the base seats are more comfortable than the heated/cooled pleather seats? Have you spent any time with the premium seats? They're pretty comfy imo…
    That's fine, but it appears that a HP Ecoboost car will cost the same as a GT base to base or premium to premium. That's a hard sell!

Monopoly likes this.
  19. FreedomPenguin

FreedomPenguin Well-Known Member

First Name:
    Donald
    Vehicle(s):
    2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium, 2013 Scion tC.
    Gov
    Rating:
    100%
    1   0   0
    I must be a small percentage, I sat in base models, not a chance I’d ever buy one.

I’d take a weaker premium car over a base gt everyday. I’ve always believed a comfortable interior is key for enjoyable ride

20. NoVaGT

NoVaGT Well-Known Member

Vehicle(s):
    2016 GT Performance Pack
    0   0   0
    Like I posted, I had the pleather on my 2012 GT. Albeit without the heating and cooling. IMO, leather scorches you when you get in on a hot day, wears very poorly, lets you slide around in the corners, and the fabric is just more comfortable to me.

I'm sure the pleather seats are comfortable, but I wouldn't want them for the reasons stated above.

stangs-R-me and Ericc B like this.