Mustang EcoBoost 2.3L High Performance Package Priced at $4,995

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
Via Autoblog:

The 2020 Ford Mustang EcoBoost High Performance Package (see full specs/details) ports the Focus RS engine to America's favorite pony car. The custom-tuned 2.3-liter turbocharged four-cylinder comes up short of full Focus RS horsepower, but still bumps the Mustang up by 20 ponies to 330 hp, while torque holds steady at 350 pound-feet. CarsDirect found the price for the package will be $4,995, and writes that a 2020 Mustang EcoBoost Fastback will cost $32,760 after destination.

That price includes a $275 increase for the Mustang across the board, the base EcoBoost going from $26,395 to $26,670. Changes to the 2020 Mustang include four more exterior colors, standard FordPass Connect, and 17-inch silver aluminum wheels for the entry-level car.

That $32,760 figure leaves a healthy gap of nearly $4,000 to the base Mustang GT, and the High Performance Package involves far more than just the engine. The Mustang GT contributes its brakes and rear spoiler, while the front lip spoiler comes from the Mustang GT Performance Package. There's also a shock tower brace, fatter front and rear sway bars, a 3.55 rear axle ratio with a limited-slip differential, wider 255-mm Pirelli summer tires on 19-inch painted aluminum wheels, retuned steering, braking, stability control, and suspension, and a few cosmetic changes like the dark gray grille.

The High Performance Package will be available on the EcoBoost coupe and convertible, with the six-speed manual or 10-speed automatic transmission. Buyers who order it will get access to the EcoBoost Handling Package, but that goody is only for the coupe. It will cost $1,995, but it needs the 101A Equipment Package that adds Sync3 and selectable drive modes for another $2,000. That puts the price with destination at $36,755 with the six-speed transmission — $30 more than a base Mustang GT. The Handling Package adds items like MagneRide suspension, upgraded LSD, stiffer springs, thicker rear sway bar, and 265-mm Pirelli P Zero tires.

Compared to the primary challenger, adding just the EcoBoost HPP without the Handling Package makes the 330-hp Mustang $1,765 more than the track-focused 2019 Chevrolet Camaro 1LE with the 275-hp four-cylinder, and $270 more than the 2019 Camaro 1LE with the 335-hp V6. Decisions, decisions.

g-2.3L-EcoBoost-High-Performance-Package-2019-New-York-Auto-Show-Exterior-012-Blue-Badge-720x340.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I would jump on this car in a heartbeat, before going to the base GT. Base GT is too basic, no modes, all clothes, blah blah blah. Yes, you have a 5.0L and the sound, but a boring cockpit.

Ford Performance could a tune that could get close to 400HP, but they won’t. That will be too close to a GT power. I’m sure tuners will get this car up there and it weights less than a GT.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
I would jump on this car in a heartbeat, before going to the base GT. Base GT is too basic, no modes, all clothes, blah blah blah. Yes, you have a 5.0L and the sound, but a boring cockpit.

Ford Performance could a tune that could get close to 400HP, but they won’t. That will be too close to a GT power. I’m sure tuners will get this car up there and it weights less than a GT.

If you're buying these cars for the interior you might want to go check out something different. I'd pay to have all the stupid gadgets and leather removed honestly, the leather seats are the worst I've ever sat on in 20 years of driving and the Sync 3 system is retarded. I'd rather just have the old school buttons and a couple of knobs for everything. The only thing I actually like about the premium is the drive modes.

Sponsored

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I believe the prices quoted in article are BASE ecoboost performance car to a BASE GT, unless the performance pack Eco comes only on premium cars?
If you're buying these cars for the interior you might want to go check out something different. I'd pay to have all the stupid gadgets and leather removed honestly, the leather seats are the worst I've ever sat on in 20 years of driving and the Sync 3 system is retarded. I'd rather just have the old school buttons and a couple of knobs for everything. The only thing I actually like about the premium is the drive modes.
Lol wut?! You like the base infotainment pos over the Sync3 and would pay to remove your leather seats??? I'm POSITIVE you could find someone with base seats to trade you especially if you're gonna pay them...lmao

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I would jump on this car in a heartbeat, before going to the base GT. Base GT is too basic, no modes, all clothes, blah blah blah
I agree with you I understand the base info center in the entry level Ecoboost
2015frd016f_640_11.jpg

But the base GT should come with the much better sync3 system. The base GT isn't a entry level car.

11.jpg

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I believe the prices quoted in article are BASE ecoboost performance car to a BASE GT, unless the performance pack Eco comes only on premium cars?
True, but premium is about 5k extra. And the handling package include magnaride and the rear diff is Torsen (like 2018-19 PP). From what I’ve read the HP doesn’t have Torsen, unless has the handling pack. So we are looking somewhere around 42-43k for a fully optioned EB HP with handling. That’s only 1-2k more of my MSRP, for a better engine with bigger turbo, magnaride and whatever is extra.

Lol wut?! You like the base infotainment pos over the Sync3 and would pay to remove your leather seats??? I'm POSITIVE you could find someone with base seats to trade you especially if you're gonna pay them...lmao[/QUOTE]

Sync 3 is superior to other infotainment systems I’ve seen/had.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
......Base GT is too basic, no modes, all clothes,.....a boring cockpit.
If you're buying these cars for the interior you might want to go check out something different.......the leather seats are the worst I've ever sat on in 20 years of driving and the Sync 3 system is retarded. I'd rather just have the old school buttons and a couple of knobs for everything. The only thing I actually like about the premium is the drive modes.
.....You like the base infotainment pos over the Sync3 and would pay to remove your leather seats???...
IMO, the premium packages on Mustangs are rip-offs, it's simply a matter of aesthetics. I'd say the 301A and 101A packages are a bit over-priced at $2K, and should be included in the base cars. All the rest of the doohickies and doo-dads are a matter of personal taste. The base seats are better, and lighter. The "leather" premium seats aren't, and they wear terribly. The SYNC 3 should be standard on the base cars, like it is on the Camaro.

Ford is raising prices on Mustangs, in a serious way. The company is changing fast.

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I agree with you I understand the base info center in the entry level Ecoboost
2015frd016f_640_11.jpg

But the base GT should come with the much better sync3 system. The base GT isn't a entry level car.

11.jpg
The base GT has the same system as the base Ecoboost. Go to a dealer and look at it...unless you add the 301A option to the Gt you have the same system.

Same as the base EB, you can’t add the 101A and have the sync3.

Sponsored

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
The base GT has the same system as the base Ecoboost. Go to a dealer and look at it...unless you add the 301A option to the Gt you have the same system.

EB 101A adds the SYNC3 system.

OP
OP
EcoVert

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

Yes I know this I'm just saying the base GT shouldn't have the base info system.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
IMO, the premium packages on Mustangs are rip-offs, it's simply a matter of aesthetics. I'd say the 301A and 101A packages are the best values. All the rest of the doohickies and doo-dads are a matter of personal taste. The base seats are better, and lighter. The "leather" premium seats aren't, and they wear terribly. The SYNC 3 should be standard on the base cars, like it is on the Camaro.
If I was buying a new car I would probably just go with a 301A car like you said because I don't drive my Mustang much, but back in 15, if you didn't order a premium car you were stuck with that horrible base infotainment, crappy painted rear bumper that didn't match the rest of the car, and no toggle modes...definitely poverty edition! I'm unsure how you think the base seats are better? Lighter, yes, but better?

You have a base car, right?

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
If I was buying a new car I would probably just go with a 301A car like you said because I don't drive my Mustang much, but back in 15, if you didn't order a premium car you were stuck with that horrible base infotainment, crappy painted rear bumper that didn't match the rest of the car, and no toggle modes...definitely poverty edition! I'm unsure how you think the base seats are better? Lighter, yes, but better?

You have a base car, right?
The 301A package wasn't available in 2015?

Yes, I have a base/PP1 2016 car. My 2012 GT was a "Premium" Track Pack car.

The base seats are much more comfortable, and Ford's pleather wears out quickly. I DD my cars, and the base seats aren't 1000 degrees on a hot day, they grip very good in the corners, and they're probably 100lbs lighter than the Premium seats.

I've also driven my car on a 2800 mile road trip, and I can assure you, the base seats provided amazing comfort. 11 hours at the wheel was pure comfort.

The modes IDGAF about. I shut all that stuff off every time I get in the car. Give me 0 nannies, and I'm happy.
Sponsored