Sponsored

2020 Mustang EcoBoost High Performance Package Reviews Roundup

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
I blew one of my gf’s explorer EcoBoost turbos first t8me I drove it. When she got it back I blew the second turbo the next day. Realized right then that EcoBoost anything wasn’t for me. Went out and got a 5.0 and got boost. That being said My local dealer has 2020 HPP and We are for sure test driving it as soon as I can. Make a nice replacement for my Chevy Malibu that I daily
Blew as in put your mouth on it? How the fuck do you blow not one, but TWO turbos your first time out, and second day it came back with a new turbo. Sure it's possible, but has nothing to do with you and turbos.

The more likely scenario is that the vehicle was a heap of shit.

Take a pill Vin Diesel
Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
How the fuck do you blow not one, but TWO turbos your first time out,
probably by planting foot on throttle at low RPM, as defined as below 1700 RPM

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Blew as in put your mouth on it? How the fuck do you blow not one, but TWO turbos your first time out, and second day it came back with a new turbo. Sure it's possible, but has nothing to do with you and turbos.

Take a pill Vin Diesel
I don’t know. Her explorer sport EcoBoost is pretty peppy. Ford covered it even out of warranty so I wouldn’t go as far as calling it a heap of shit. Good car for her, She loves it.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra

Take a pill Vin Diesel
:cwl:

Go into comedy dude... I don’t know why, but that reply was just funny shit!

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
Another Ford anomaly. You can delete the spoiler on the GT PP1, but not on the PP2. You should then be able to delete the spoiler on the HPP without the Handling Package.
Yeah, not sure why they changed it when you could also do a spoiler delete on the old EB PP.

Sponsored

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
probably by planting foot on throttle at low RPM, as defined as below 1700 RPM
I live in a town without a local police force and plant my foot on the throttle every time I live my neighborhood.

On our 3rd turbo in 7 years without a single incident.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I don’t know. Her explorer sport EcoBoost is pretty peppy. Ford covered it even out of warranty so I wouldn’t go as far as calling it a heap of shit. Good car for her, She loves it.
The explorer sport was out of warranty so the suv was 5 years old or more than 60k miles when you first drove it. So for the first 5 years or 60k miles her old BF's were unable to blow her turbo but Vin Diesel here blows it up not once but twice in 3 times behind the wheel.

Ford graciously eats the cost of not one but two turbos because the warranty expired?

It must be nice to be a big movie star.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
The explorer sport was out of warranty so the suv was 5 years old or more than 60k miles when you first drove it. So for the first 5 years or 60k miles her old BF's were unable to blow her turbo but Vin Diesel here blows it up not once but twice in 3 times behind the wheel.

Ford graciously eats the cost of not one but two turbos because the warranty expired?

It must be nice to be a big movie star.
Lol, you guys are adorable, pinches checks.. obviously It was not meant to be a slam on ecoboosts (yes has 100k miles and a 16) since I followed it up with we're going to test drive One as potential replacement for my daily... just a funny story.

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lol, you guys are adorable, pinches checks.. obviously It was not meant to be a slam on ecoboosts (yes has 100k miles and a 16) since I followed it up with we're going to test drive One as potential replacement for my daily... just a funny story.
You drive her Ecoboost 3 times, blow the turbo twice (the first and 3rd time you ever drove the Ecoboost), and Ford replaces the turbo on both occasions on a vehicle that has 100k miles? You're right, it does sound funny.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
You drive her Ecoboost 3 times, blow the turbo twice (the first and 3rd time you ever drove the Ecoboost), and Ford replaces the turbo on both occasions on a vehicle that has 100k miles? You're right, it does sound funny.
He was probably Granny shifting, not double-clutching like you should.

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I'm fairly sure that's what a transbrake is.
Does it get to choose some times to be called a brake, and other times a clutch? Is there a process to transition itself from one mode to the other?
/joke

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Does it get to choose some times to be called a brake, and other times a clutch? Is there a process to transition itself from one mode to the other?
/joke
Don't ask me I only know about identifying as an attack helicopter.

nrc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang EB PP
It would be impressive to see someone double clutch an automatic.
Yeah, that's what a Granny shifter would say. You just grab that handle and bam bam! So long sucker.
Sponsored