Sponsored

New car time. What cars are you considering w/replacing your Mustang?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
19 f150 standard cab, short box, 2wd, 5.0L
the 3.5L ecoboost seems to be a bit of an orphan and priced better than the 5.0. I was thinking about a F150 as well but they are gosh darn big these days and while the 4-door has room in spades, I never carry passengers so tried the 2-door. Problem is now no adult can actually sit in the rear seats. Yet another obviously bad (and preventable) design choice.

The F150 drives BIG which I don't like. My current truck is a Nissan Frontier extended cab (rear seats are truly worthless) but it handles a lot tighter. The F150 needs Magneride or a much better suspension engineer. The XL+STX is the clear bargain IMO. The price for used trucks is totally asinine. New are advertised at 30% off which is difficult to ignore.

But to answer the question - an Audi RS3 if only it came with stick shift. Maybe a ZL1 or Z06 if only they were priced about 8k less.

Last edited:

randotheking

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GTPP
Stinger, tt rs
Saw a Stinger yesterday, looked really nice. Had all the performance options, zero Kia badges. If it had a 100k/lifetime warranty I'd be interested, otherwise I'd stay away due to too few on the road and no aftermarket parts

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
As this is a DD for me, I am actually thinking of going back to a truck. Picked up a Miata for a toy in good weather so might go back to more practicality for a DD.

Would love to stick with Ford on the F150 but the Ram just looks so much better. My biggest fear is Ram dealerships and FCA build quality but my 2014 Ram Sport was awesome and never gave me any issues.

Stang 19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 Ford Performance Blue
I purchased my 2016 Mustang GT brand new. 3 1/2 years and 75k miles later, I’ll be getting a new car in the next 4 months.

These are my two candidates.

2020 Camaro LT1 Convertible

upload_2019-9-25_12-11-24.jpeg

upload_2019-9-25_12-10-5.jpeg

2017 Mustang GT350 (low mileage - 10k miles)

upload_2019-9-25_12-13-39.jpeg

What vehicles are you considering with your next car purchase?
Easy! The answer is always “mustang“

Sponsored

kingofsting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Shadow Black / Redline Interior
I traded my loaded manual 16 GT for a loaded 19 MKZ with the 400hp 3.0. The car is a rocket ship! I can only imagine how much better it could be with a 8 or 10 speed auto

As an aside, I recently drove a 19 GT with the A10 and HOLY MOLY that is definitely the transmission to get if you’re sticking with a Mustang

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
As this is a DD for me, I am actually thinking of going back to a truck. Picked up a Miata for a toy in good weather so might go back to more practicality for a DD.

Would love to stick with Ford on the F150 but the Ram just looks so much better. My biggest fear is Ram dealerships and FCA build quality but my 2014 Ram Sport was awesome and never gave me any issues.
Our 2014 Laramie was trouble free. It had 87K on it when we traded for the vert. I wish we still had it.

08918D7D-4380-4E71-9809-E174185B8F53.jpeg

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
lighter fatter wheels and rubber and a full exhaust system. Its really the noise that car makes and the way it revs. Driving it makes you feel like Senna, everything is telepathic. Where as the mustang is like wrestling a bear.
A boss 302 will still beat it around leguna seca, and a track pack S197 will be up its ass.

IIRC Ford based a lot of the suspension design on the S550 around the E9X cars. The real killer of course is our electric steering vs the hydraulic on the E9X's, those make the next gen F30 platform 3 series cars feel very numb by comparison.

I really considered a E90 M3 6spd (prefer the sedan over the coupe, less of a d'bag car). The consumable rod bearings and potential throttle actuator issues pushed me away. The other thing that sealed the deal was wanting a LCI car and those were still a little out of reach price wise at the time.

I drove a 2008 6MT E90 M3, bone stock 1 owner 80k mile car a couple months after getting the Mustang. Really enjoyed it but didn't make me regret my decision. I also missed the lack of low end torque like my E39 M5 has. Wouldn't say no to owning one in the future though with a Harrop blower on it.

I drove a co-workers M4 and it was definitely nice and something I could consider in the future, but not as exhilarating as my GT350 is to drive.
The F80 cars are a blast to drive but I still can't get over how they sound, they sound like tractors to me. The new problem is the F80 M3 is now the most oversold M3 generation and every other car now has a "crackle" tune on it. I loathe being around the modern BMW car owners at any of the events I go to, they're usually the instagram JUUL crowd.

offroadkarter

Threads
Reaction score
Website
offroadkarter.smugmug.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Agreed, I was filling up the other day when a very loud like green BMW m420isx-bbq-whatever drove by. I was astounded by the terrible noises it made. Driver was totally "juuling".

probably a lease return 4 cylinder, I'm sure he thought he was hot shit in his "upper end luxury car" .

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Mustang is a sweet car that gives you plenty of performance, primordial iconic car ownership, very decent driving experience. Not sure I'l want to switch to something else after just several years of ownership.

Realistically, I'd only want to try Porsche or Corvete C7/8 .

Sponsored

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don’t like any auto performance car that farts when it shifts. So VW’s and BMW’s instantly annoy me by default of that. Unless of course they’re a manual, but who drives those these days. /sarcasm.

Linkster1666

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Link
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium Orange Fury PP1 A10 401A 3:55
Vehicle Showcase
There is No replacing the '19 Mustang, additions to the string, sure.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
I would consider a Raptor if it wasnt for that teenie engine they stuffed in it. Maybe in 5 or so years ill see about getting something else. EV maybe.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
None. It's staying right where it is.

Hashbrownn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
cars, SUVs & trucks
I'll swap my P4S tires to all seasons and DD my mustang.
I'm looking to buy a C8 Z06 when it comes out as my sports car.
Sponsored