Sponsored

New car time. What cars are you considering w/replacing your Mustang?

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I still so stunned at how much better this '19 is from my '16. Can't imagine any other car, especially for the money.
I couldn't agree more (I also went from a '16 to '19), the objective improvements are terrific, but there's something about how they all come together in this package, makes the whole much greater than the sum of the parts.

It also seems like it's just put together better, you know, for as much as I can remember my '16 when it was brand new.

Your 2019 is also specā€™d higher than your 2016.
My '16 GT convertible had every option, it was a Perf Pack car, had ACC, Shaker, etc., and it even had a Premier interior option with improved materials/softer surfaces. This PP car feels better planted (I'd assume MR as a huge contributor), more predictable - but rides so much better.

I mean, obviously there are __new__ options that weren't available in '16 (MR, AE), but that's sort of the point. The best in '19 is better than the best in '16 just because technology rolls on. It's the same for computers, phones, TVs, etc.

I will admit I've got a bit of an experience change going from an M6 to an A10, while I loved the driving engagement of a manual (for the last couple of decades), I can't get over the A10, it's spectacularly fantastic.
Sponsored

Nickel

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 Handling Package TR3160 w/Recaros
Not sure if I'm going to replace the GT or not but I am currently searching for a GT-R finally to add to the fleet. I may end up replacing the Mustang with a GT350R afterwards as well. But the GT-R is coming soon.

OP
OP
AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
My '16 GT convertible had every option, it was a Perf Pack car, had ACC, Shaker, etc., and it even had a Premier interior option with improved materials/softer surfaces. This PP car feels better planted (I'd assume MR as a huge contributor), more predictable - but rides so much better.

I mean, obviously there are __new__ options that weren't available in '16 (MR, AE), but that's sort of the point. The best in '19 is better than the best in '16 just because technology rolls on. It's the same for computers, phones, TVs, etc.

I will admit I've got a bit of an experience change going from an M6 to an A10, while I loved the driving engagement of a manual (for the last couple of decades), I can't get over the A10, it's spectacularly fantastic.
Simply different strokes for different folks. I purposely rented the GT on multiple occasions just to get a feel for the newer model. Went in wanting to love the new model but I simply didnā€™t get the same excitement you did.

OP
OP
AlmostFamous

AlmostFamous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
IMO, unless you can get a good affordable drive train warranty, the new bowtie is a better choice since you average 25K miles per year
The more I research and think about it, the more Iā€™m coming to the conclusion the exact vehicle below will be my next car but as a convertible. Iā€™ll order it as such.

upload_2019-10-3_12-35-24.jpeg

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
Simply different strokes for different folks. I purposely rented the GT on multiple occasions just to get a feel for the newer model. Went in wanting to love the new model but I simply didnā€™t get the same excitement you did.
Same here. I test drove a 19 GT fastback not long after purchasing ours. The Magnaride was kinda cool as was the active exhaust but not enough to go deeper in debt because honestly, I would not have a new Mustang if itā€™s not a GT ā€˜vert and one comparable to mine is outrageously priced. Mine runs good enough, until we go back to something larger. If we could justify two cars in retirement so my wife could have her truck I would keep our ā€˜15. I really enjoy it. Most fun car I have ever had.

Sponsored

gpphantom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT PP AP
Iā€™ve got a Rivian R1T on order but will keep my 2015 Mustang.

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Iā€™ve got a Rivian R1T on order but will keep my 2015 Mustang.
Didn't know what this was so looked it up, interesting....

Screenshot (498).png

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
In a marriage there is always some trading going on. With any luck you will come out with the car(s) you want. Be prepared to give a little.
I did and I got 4 cars :sunglasses:

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
18 a10 gt pp1 best performance value there is , still, and probably always will be

lt1 and lt2 suck

Sponsored

3star2nr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT PP
I'm considering a GT350. The only problem is it seems wrong to daily a shelby and put a ton of miles on it... And also the lower ride height is a problem on the shitty roads and driveways I deal with... I literally high centered my PP going into whattaburger.... Had my car been a Shelby, id be on the news for mass murder...

At a freaking whattaburger...

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
I was at my dealer last week waiting for them to install my replacement driver side sun visor and took this picture.

F046BD1F-5020-4311-878B-BDBC6D95EA46.jpeg

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
I already have the car I want, if anything maybe I would put a whipple on it.

prostovovatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Ecoboost Manual Performance Pack
So I came here to shamefully lay out what I replaced my tuned orange fury ecoboost manual performance pack mustang with....

It is a 2019 Hyundai Ioniq electric.

I know most everything you guys will say to me and I've said it to myself as well... Except that I have two kids and with a catless exhaust my 160 miles a day commute was fucking awful. I would come home disoriented because of the exhaust drone and my kids and I smelled like all kinds of burnt oil and exhaust every time we got home driving the mustang. I had 331 whp and 379 lb-ft torque to the wheels, and guess how many times all that got used - once at the dyno, and once on the way to the mechanic to stock out my car when I finally did a 0-60 timed run using the track apps available.

I feel awful not having a real car anymore, but at the same time my gas bill is 0. Sure. I pay for the electricity but at $3 to fill up my car its negligible. I will get myself something down the line, or not Idk. Over the past 6 years and 5 mustangs I;ve come to realize that for a commuter car it works but its definitely not the ideal car to carry two kids in over long distances.

I loved my mustang, had all CP-e parts and a CP-e tune, unfortunately that's just a memory now. Watch for my part out thread coming soon.
Sponsored