Sponsored

New car time. What cars are you considering w/replacing your Mustang?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I drove my roomates modified e92 m3. That was a mistake, its the best car I've ever driven and I've been shopping daily since...
What kind of mods were on the car?
Sponsored

Sig556

White18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium / Rapid Red 10 Speed Auto
Monday I received my VIN on the 2020 GT so it's final the 2018 GT with 11,000 gets traded.

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
I'm another one who is giving the C8 some serious thought. I'm really torn... sold the Porsche and did not realize how much I would miss it. Really want another, but a Vette is a lot cheaper.

Shifting_Gears

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If I get rid of my GT it’s replacement will be a truck or an SUV. Preferably either having no payment.

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I would like to eventually replace my 15 V6 either with a Mustang GT or a Camaro SS, if Chevrolet ever improves the visibility in that thing. If there is a 4-door sedan with 400 horsepower that handles as well as a Camaro or Mustang in the same price range, I'd consider that, too.

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
If I hold out with this one long enough and knock out all my school loans, gently used C8. I've had the Mustang for almost three years now and still love it, hopefully I can make it last 10 but that's doubtful lol.

The_Phantom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS
If I could have made the deal I wanted on a Challenger Hellcat, I would be in it right now.

The Camaro is nice but a bit tight inside. Also pricey.

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
My plan is to look at a C8, used AMG GT or way out there in left field a RAM limited diesel.. I think I may make 3 full years with this car so 1.5 years left.

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
We just got our ‘15 CPO GT Premium ‘vert in March but we now realize it’s not practical for us as our only vehicle. It is a lot of fun, but we are retired and only need one car. We have decided that another truck or SUV is what we want. It will be used, not spending the money on new. We found this Durango but their trade value on our Mustang is not enough. I think we may try and sell it ourselves then see what we can find.

https://www.autonation.com/cars/1C4SDHCT3KC675926

JohnD

Legend in his own mind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1 track day car
Seven months ago we had to replace her car/the primary DD on unexpectedly short notice, so I hope we're not going to be back into any new car buying mode for at least a few years. Being retired, more years would be better than fewer.

If I had to replace my '08, a Camaro SS/1LE would be on the list of candidates. I'd like to be able to put the GT/PP2 on the short list as well, but since I do occasionally take 'my' car out on the track I'd have to condition that on Ford having come around to fixing that diff overheating issue or coming in at enough of a cost savings to cover me doing diff cooling on an aftermarket basis. There might be other possibilities - perhaps including a pro-touring build of some sort - but I'm really not even starting to look that far out just yet.

Norm
I had the same thoughts about the diff overheat issue on my 2016 PP1. However, I have wrapped the exhaust where it goes around the diff, and put a very effective set of hood vents in which dropped my engine peak temps way down. I have yet to have an axle overheat warning this year. This is also with the addition of the power pack 2 kit and doing lap times 3 seconds a lap faster than last year. I have no explanation for why this relatively minor and easily done thing apparently works, but it seems to have in my case.

Sponsored

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
A C8 would be the only car I would seriously consider trading in my car for.

Ronnoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
What kind of mods were on the car?
lighter fatter wheels and rubber and a full exhaust system. Its really the noise that car makes and the way it revs. Driving it makes you feel like Senna, everything is telepathic. Where as the mustang is like wrestling a bear.

Jmtoast

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2018 Roush GT
Vehicle Showcase
Ferrari 812 Superfast

Tw00sh

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350, 1965 Mustang Coupe
lighter fatter wheels and rubber and a full exhaust system. Its really the noise that car makes and the way it revs. Driving it makes you feel like Senna, everything is telepathic. Where as the mustang is like wrestling a bear.
I drove a co-workers M4 and it was definitely nice and something I could consider in the future, but not as exhilarating as my GT350 is to drive.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I have wrapped the exhaust where it goes around the diff, and put a very effective set of hood vents in which dropped my engine peak temps way down. I have yet to have an axle overheat warning this year. ... I have no explanation for why this relatively minor and easily done thing apparently works
The exhaust has tremendous radiant heat. Wrapping cuts that down dramatically. Cast iron is a HORRIBLE conductor of heat so once it's absorbed the heat it sheds it very slowly. The key is to not absorb the heat in the first place.

I'm wondering if it doesn't make sense to take the OE fake vents and convert them into real ones. Surely not as good as proper vaned slats but maybe worth a little bit.
Sponsored