Sponsored

GT500 - Delayed until March

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shadow Black GT500, 2019 Explorer Sport
Called Ford Performance today. They said that I’m still “Unscheduled - Material Hold” on my base Shadow Black with tech package.

I ordered the very first week the build slots opened, but still I’m unscheduled. Tony (normally I speak with Noah or Austin) said that it looks like they are narrowing in on the final build dates for 2019. He said to wait two weeks and call back, but his hunch is that my car wouldn’t be built until March.

I get that they can only build so many, and I’m in Cleveland area, so it’s not like I can really drive it if I get it in November. However, I would have loved to at least have had it in the garage in November for my birthday.

I would love to speak with the local Ford rep in NEO and plead my case.
Sponsored

Wilson & Co

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
mustang-less
What's the big deal... there are hundreds on ppl that ordered early and are waiting like you.

Figure on 1yr from order date and then you can complain about where your car is...

Gotta live life and before u know it, it will be time

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What's the big deal... there are hundreds on ppl that ordered early and are waiting like you.

Figure on 1yr from order date and then you can complain about where your car is...

Gotta live life and before u know it, it will be time
It would just be nice to know how they are pulling the orders. It seems rather random. Those of us who ordered have money that is just as green as those who have their build dates.

Stangmode changes his order from a CFTP to a base and he immediately gets a build date at the end of October. Tell me that is NOT because he has a YouTube channel and will get some views. He deserves the car, but not any more than any other Mustang fan.

If they would just come out and say, “if you are an insider or have a YouTube channel, you move to the front of the line.”, I would be ok with that. But why not be transparent?

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
I ran across a 2020 GT500 that was ordered on 9/9/2019 and already has a build week of 11/11. All I can figure is that some dealer had a cancellation on a car that was about to be scheduled and this guy walked into to it. How lucky is that?

Sponsored

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
because it would likely piss EVERYONE off lol
Does anyone like apples?

Well how bout these apples...

And they just flew his ass (and his familiy) out to San Fran for some VIP test drive.

Wow, wasn't he the #2 guy at that dealership behind another forum member here? Holy leap frog and screw you batman......

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone like apples?

And they just flew his ass (and his familiy) out to San Fran for some VIP test drive.

Wow, wasn't he the #2 guy at that dealership behind another forum member here? Holy leap frog and screw you batman......
Good for him. If Ford gives me an early build date this year, I’ll make a YouTube channel. Lol.

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Good for him. If Ford gives me an early build date this year, I’ll make a YouTube channel. Lol.
jvandy50 made a good point. It would piss a lot of people off. So this guy is #2 at his dealership and he gets put on top because he has a YouTube channel? That's crap. If Ford cared about this guys YouTube channel so much, they should have given him a VIP allocation.

Now a fellow enthusiast has to wait. Why is a guy with a YouTube channel more important? Especially when his purchase decision was an afterthought and a last minute plea to any dealer who would give him an MSRP deal?

Really.

OP
OP
DocGT

DocGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jvandy50 made a good point. It would piss a lot of people off. So this guy is #2 at his dealership and he gets put on top because he has a YouTube channel? That's crap. If Ford cared about this guys YouTube channel so much, they should have given him a VIP allocation.

Now a fellow enthusiast has to wait. Why is a guy with a YouTube channel more important? Especially when his purchase decision was an afterthought and a last minute plea to any dealer who would give him an MSRP deal?

Really.
Some Ford marketing executive has their head set on “YouTube influencers” being the best way to engage with others. If they were following closely, they would have paid attention that he also ordered a C8 corvette as well. I have owned 16 Fords. I wouldn’t dare have any bowtie badge in my garage.

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Some Ford marketing executive has their head set on “YouTube influencers” being the best way to engage with others. If they were following closely, they would have paid attention that he also ordered a C8 corvette as well. I have owned 16 Fords. I wouldn’t dare have any bowtie badge in my garage.
I tell people bowties are for little boys and Chevy used to make cool stuff.

Seriously though, I would like to get a ZL1 sometime.

Sponsored

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Does anyone like apples?

2nd? Nope, he was 3rd and hes the only one to have received his VIN.

I have accepted I will be getting this car in 2020. I hope all the early folks get to enjoy their cars and post some great info.

cosmic charlie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Streetfighter Q850 NEED FOR GREEN, 2016 Focus RS (frozen white), 2016 Focus RS (stealth grey), 2014 Ford F150 Crewcab, 2015 Porsche Boxter GTS, 2013 Mercedez Benz ML350, 2003 Mercedes Benz C32AMG, 1989 Honda CRX Si Turbo

Really.
This is pretty much the same thing that happens when you have an MSRP deal and someone comes along and offers an ADM. The dealer jumps at it and you are screwed. Welcome to the Ford allocation process. All the car makers are in LOVE with these youtube guys. FREE ADVERTISING to the correct target audience.

1stMustang-GT500

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Evan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR070, 2019 Ranger Lariat
Cosmic I agree free advertising for ford and the dealer. Stangmode drops our dealers name 5 times in his video.

Back to being a patient and understanding normal guy.

Side note welcome back Tom.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
If they would just come out and say, “if you are an insider or have a YouTube channel, you move to the front of the line.
Sounds right I don't know if you noticed but Ford does a hellva lot of advertising on youtube

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2nd? Nope, he was 3rd and hes the only one to have received his VIN.

I have accepted I will be getting this car in 2020. I hope all the early folks get to enjoy their cars and post some great info.
I'm sorry, I stand corrected, #3. I must say, you are taking it quite well. Now with that said, would you ever do business with that dealership again?
Sponsored