Flex Fuel Tune ALCH_PCT% & ALCH_LEARN FLAG refresh

WhiplashGo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I recently got my Lund flex fuel tune. Previously has a 93 tune. Loaded flex fuel tune & filled up with e85, only had 2 miles of 93 left in tank. Idled for 10 plus minutes & after ALCH_PCT% was @ 35% drove it gently till ALCH_LEARN FLAG locked in & changed from 0 to 1. It got to 65% & locked in. I know E85 I fillled car with was 80% because I had a tester & tested it during fill up. Question is there anyway to reset or refresh so Ngauge learns correct % of E85? Also now that I need to fill up again & will be getting more E85 how do you get Ngauge to relearn E85%?
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
It “relearn” after 4 gallons are added at least. Also don’t worry about your first fill up. I’ve been down to 0 miles filled up and it not be close to what it was tested at. Watch your knock correction, short and long term trims, get on Lund’s FB page and Alex “YOLO” just did a video on this.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
I believe if you get your tank down to a quarter tank then fill up it will initiate another alch relearn. Worked for me in the past.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
There was probably still some 93 in the fuel lines. Try reflashing the E85R tune on, then flash the Flex tune on again and it will do another relearn.

I just recently went from E85 to 93 and I had about 10 miles left till empty when I swapped. 85.9% was the locked in value on E85, 22.5% after I filled with 93 octane and it locked in.

Lund states that the Flex tune is a convenience tune. It's not really meant for full time use although people are using it for that. Once you empty that tank and go E85 again, I'd just flash the E85R tune at that point. It's good as long as your Alch % stays above 70%. Find a consistent E85 station and you don't really worry about testing the content. I haven't tested once since I've been running E85 and getting it from the same station every time and I've been good.

OP
OP

WhiplashGo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So fill with @ least 4 gallons of e85 or flash tune. Thanks, anybody else.

Sponsored

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
So fill with @ least 4 gallons of e85 or flash tune. Thanks, anybody else.
Basically it. You can also disconnect the battery for at least 30 min(1 hour to be safe) and that will also clear KAM data and do the same thing

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Kam reset and it should relearn the fuel. I've done that in the past when I knew my car didn't learn the correct percentage.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kam reset and it should relearn the fuel. I've done that in the past when I knew my car didn't learn the correct percentage.
Looks like he has a Lund Ngauge uner, which does not have a KAM reset option, stupidly. Switching back and forth between tunes or a battery disconnect are his only options

Zrussian13

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Acura MDX
Looks like he has a Lund Ngauge uner, which does not have a KAM reset option, stupidly. Switching back and forth between tunes or a battery disconnect are his only options
Good point I didn't catch that and I'm using a sct bdx.

Shocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 CO Mustang GT
From what I understand, the Alch% isn’t accurate on the Ngauge.

Sponsored
OP
OP

WhiplashGo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Was told to let car idle & do neutral rev holds for the ethanol% to start learning. What are neutral rev holds? Is it only for manual cars?

Last edited:

TRPCANA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang GT
Like others said OP, i swapped to the lund flex tune a few weeks ago. Had some 93 in the tank, Alch only went to 50 something percent. Just drove it around for awhile, then when it had the space i filled up with at least 4 gallons. 4 gallons triggers the relearn process, bear in mind the relearn can take time. Eventually after a few tanks i settled around 85-86 alch on average. In the mean time you are fine however, the flex tune adapts based on the ratio of 93 or e85 it sees, once locked in you are fine just drive the car, and with E85 it wont be long before you will need to get gas again anyway lol.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Was told to let car idle & do neutral rev holds for the ethanol% to start learning. What are neutral rev holds? Is it only for manual cars?
Sit in neutral and rev around 2-3k steady till alch % hits about 40% then go drive. If you can keep it at 3k rpm and steady throttle, the learn process goes really smoothly.

OP
OP

WhiplashGo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sit in neutral and rev around 2-3k steady till alch % hits about 40% then go drive. If you can keep it at 3k rpm and steady throttle, the learn process goes really smoothly.
Is this only for manuals or is it ok to do in an auto. My car is auto.

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is this only for manuals or is it ok to do in an auto. My car is auto.
Yes, the procedure is the same for an auto. I have an A10 with a Lund nGauge tune as well
Sponsored