Sponsored

DSS 2000hp Half Shaft Blown Boot?

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
Prob 150 miles driving it to work, and tiny road trip turnpike blast over the weekend. No inner wheel corrosion protection yet!
Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
DSS responded. They are fixing the axles and will have them sent back shortly. That's a lot of stress relieved.

Tricky Dickey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
So how much of a difference is there in the new clamp vs the incorrect one that was on it? I haven’t installed mine yet and have sent pictures to see if I have the faulty ones. Would rather not install and roll the dice.

Jay-rod427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT C/S
So how much of a difference is there in the new clamp vs the incorrect one that was on it? I haven’t installed mine yet and have sent pictures to see if I have the faulty ones. Would rather not install and roll the dice.
My opinion the originals were a touch too small, and when they crimped them to the max they were way too tight. The new ones are universal and have the little teeth to adjust the range every 1/8" or so. And also I didn't squeeze the crimp until it was completely shut, just until it was tight and couldn't move the boot anymore.

Sponsored

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
Axles made it back to me today. There are no clamps on the shaft side of the boots they replaced. Anyone know why that may be? I sent an email to DSS as well. I'm worried about putting them in and having to pull them back out to add those clamps. I feel like they wouldn't have sent them back incomplete..man this whole thing has been frustrating. It's been weeks of dealing with BS.

newbootsnoclamps.jpg

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
It appears DSS changed their design and no longer sells this style of axle shaft......... ahhhhhhhhh why!?

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
It appears DSS changed their design and no longer sells this style of axle shaft......... ahhhhhhhhh why!?
Are the clamps on the other end? Their new “level 6” version only has clamps on the inner boot. You might be ok. I’m sending them mine next week.
5A615F44-2556-4560-A231-C117B5E3DB08.png

turnswrench

turnswrench
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bowman
Vehicle(s)
F-150, WK SRT
I have to believe these axles had something wrong in the design since they didn't remain on market long

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
I have to believe these axles had something wrong in the design since they didn't remain on market long
Guess they’re up to level 6 for a reason. I’ve even heard of people breaking them. I’m not sure any were the “Pro” 2000HP ones though. Hopefully everything is good for both of us

Sponsored

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Had nothing but trouble with my DSS shafts leaking. Ordered a new set of the Gforce renegade series rated at 1500hp with lifetime warranty. Retail for 1599 but cheaper from Beefcake. On back order but will ship the first week of August. DSS is POS

Last edited:

18 Smoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
18 Mustang GT PP1 400a
Had nothing but trouble with my DSS shafts leaking. Ordered a new set of the Gforce outlaws series rated at 1500hp with lifetime warranty. Retail for 1599 but cheaper from Beefcake. On back order but will ship the first week of August. DSS is POS
I believe those are the Renegade series. The Outlaws are $1999. At least that’s what I saw when I was shopping

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
Yes you are correct. Gforce just redesigned there half shafts and lowered prices.

Tatum337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I had my DSS ones supposedly fixed by them as well but sold them before reinstalling, lol. Not once but twice, so I had enough. Went with the Gforce but waiting on shipping. Supposedly next week they will be shipped. My passenger side leaked so bad I was getting oil on the back of my car as well as underneath.
Sponsored