Sponsored

Anyone else drive like a granny?

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I think if the reward of good gas mileage and relaxing transport are more valuable than a quickened pulse you got the wrong dam car. :crackup::crackup::crackup:
There are some very nice cars out there that a more comfortable and get better mileage than this one, some for less money.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm usually 5 mph over the speed limit at most times. Grabber Blue definitely draws attention. Cops aren't too bad around my parts of town, but state troopers can be assholes though. I've been pulled over one time for no front license plate but I think the trooper used it as an excuse to look at the car because his first words out of his mouth were, "That's a really nice car, what year is it? How much power?"

I've doubled the speed limit a few times but not for long.... I blame E85.

Sponsored

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
I usually never drive over 5-9 miles of the speed limit wherever I go. Even with the mods I have I don't really wring it out all that much, I mean I've gone through the twisties with it for sure. I don't believe I've ever taken it past 100 on a wide open road though, nor have I ever done a tire roasting hard launch. I'll save that for the strip, cruising on the street is ok for me, and I'm a 36 year old dude lol.
The only reason this surprises me is how easy the car gets to 100 and how smooth it feels at that speed. I've cruised down empty freeways at 100 without even being aware of it. It's funny because 100 in any other vehicle I've driven seems Crazy but in the S550 it may as well be 60.

Now I want all of you know it all lecture types to come in here and tell me how dangerous it is to drive at 100 and when I get a flat I'll die in a crash blah blah blah.I DONT ALWAYS DRIVE AT 100 get off my back it's only happened a few times. Y'all think you're my dad or something.

Peace and love yall

Diocletian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Orange Fury Mustang GT Premium A10 w/ PP1.
The only reason this surprises me is how easy the car gets to 100 and how smooth it feels at that speed. I've cruised down empty freeways at 100 without even being aware of it. It's funny because 100 in any other vehicle I've driven seems Crazy but in the S550 it may as well be 60.

Now I want all of you know it all lecture types to come in here and tell me how dangerous it is to drive at 100 and when I get a flat I'll die in a crash blah blah blah.I DONT ALWAYS DRIVE AT 100 get off my back it's only happened a few times. Y'all think you're my dad or something.

Peace and love yall
Oh I agree, I've hit 100 so fast I would just back off at that point because it was so effortless!

Shane361

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Competition Orange Procharged GT
Vehicle Showcase
I'm 45 and have calmed down ALOT. Use to have alot of tickets, kicked out of places and pulled over for drag racing etc etc. It's there if I want it and the Procharger doesn't hurt but I've been called a Grandma lately...lol.

Yareen1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yareen
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt
im 23, got my 2017 gt pp at 21, my favorite memory was cruising this car back from vegas when i bought it. I love 3rd and fourth gear pulls, but just cruising at 70 with the windows down on the highway is so fun in this car. Never beat on this car too much but I enjoy practicing my 1/4 mile times on onramps ;)

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
I use a Uniden R3 radar detector. It has saved from a few tickets. One nice feature is a user set speed limit alarm so it gently tells me when to slow down.

Sponsored

jcl78

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium / PP1 / MT-82
Vehicle Showcase
I am right there with you, I am 41, owned many fast cars, but with a 4 year old daughter and age on my side, I mainly cruise. This is the reason I got rid of the wake the dead exhaust combo that was on the car when I bought it to my current setup. However, I do wind it out when I get the chance, because these Coyotes are so nice to rev, what a wonderful package the S550 is.

RaceRed5.0

Threads
Reaction score
From Texas to Louisana to California back to Texas
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT 3.55, Modded 2006 Pontiac G6
Anyone else drive like a granny?....

On bumps.

Darkstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1 Oxford White.
Hell no. If I wanted a cruiser then I would of gotten something bigger and more luxurious, like a Chrysler 300.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I drive nothing like a Granny....my wife makes me slow down in our Honda Pilot. I don't drive like an idiot, but why would you own a car like a Mustang and drive it like a golf cart? Have some fun people, you can cruise @70 in anything. Oh and if you want to look good arriving, sell the mustang and get a Porsche, Merc or Audi. Not only will you look good, but they will know you spent a lot of money doing so. :like:

Redcruzer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 eco boost premium convertible, Ruby red
Yep. I drive a ton for work and sooooo many morons have me in survival mode most of the time. When the weekend comes around and the Mustang comes out, it takes me awhile to get back in the groove.
Sponsored