Sponsored

2019+ Voodoo Changes

Flavoade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 GB w/ Blk Roof, and Black stripe
Vehicle Showcase
So my engine is inferior to the 350R and the 2019 Models??
Sponsored

FLETCshooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I believe this only comes into play if you want to add more boost. However your engine is lighter, so that is a plus!

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
That's for the 2020 5.2 Cross Plane modifications which is why it can sustain boost. The 350 will continue to be built the same way it was previously built. I do hope I'm wrong tho.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
That's for the 2020 5.2 Cross Plane modifications which is why it can sustain boost. The 350 will continue to be built the same way it was previously built. I do hope I'm wrong tho.
I guess you did not read that article in its entirety including the cations under the pictures. Many of the changes for the boosted GT500 have been rolled back into the GT350 production to maintain continuity.

NoXiDe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I guess you did not read that article in its entirety including the cations under the pictures. Many of the changes for the boosted GT500 have been rolled back into the GT350 production to maintain continuity.
I did, I noticed it stated to cut costs... that's why I added the last sentence on the above post that I hope that I'm wrong which is to imply that I'd like to see those changes in the 2019 GT350. Side note, I got to take that site with a grain of salt. Although, there is nothing to secure on that specific site (HTTP). They could throw a free SSL Cert like https://letsencrypt.org/ and then I might take that source slightly a bit more serious.

Sponsored

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
WOW inferior is a strong word. Changes are made all the time to improve a product. Behind the scenes changes to the Voodoo have been happening for years with piston and piston rings and other things. 2019 and 2020 have taken larger steps forward with the development of the GT500 engine. Ford needed to beef up the GT500 engine to handle the added boost. They also wanted to control costs by using a common block, heads and other components. The Voodoo has been in production for 5 years and time marches on. A few year from now I hope my 2019 is "inferior".

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
I did, I noticed it stated to cut costs... that's why I added the last sentence on the above post that I hope that I'm wrong which is to imply that I'd like to see those changes in the 2019 GT350. Side note, I got to take that site with a grain of salt. Although, there is nothing to secure on that specific site (HTTP). They could throw a free SSL Cert like https://letsencrypt.org/ and then I might take that source slightly a bit more serious.
All the confirmed changes I posted in the OP are directly stated in the article. Also that site is legit, they are a magazine.

OP
OP
GrabberBlue

GrabberBlue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT350
One thing that I'm noticing is that all 2019 engines are of the GT350R variant. I've seen numerous GT350 engines with the GT350R data tag. Until I see an engine data tag that states otherwise, I think it's safe to move the GT350R changes into confirmed.

Flavoade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 GB w/ Blk Roof, and Black stripe
Vehicle Showcase
WOW inferior is a strong word. Changes are made all the time to improve a product. Behind the scenes changes to the Voodoo have been happening for years with piston and piston rings and other things. 2019 and 2020 have taken larger steps forward with the development of the GT500 engine. Ford needed to beef up the GT500 engine to handle the added boost. They also wanted to control costs by using a common block, heads and other components. The Voodoo has been in production for 5 years and time marches on. A few year from now I hope my 2019 is "inferior".
Yeah inferior is too strong a word, it was late lol. I know small revisions are made in a products life cycle, but reading the article makes it sound like they developed Voodoo Gen 2 with improvements across the board, especially to durability, and reliability.

Finding out that the 350R has different parts was one thing but now finding out that the 2019 model has an improved engine, along with the brakes, suspension, and aero, its just man... I should have waited.

Don't get me wrong, I like my car.

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Don't get me wrong, I like my car.
You have a great car and should LOVE it. We all struggle with the thoughts of waiting for the next MY and the next new improvements. But then think about all the fun and drive time you would have missed out on. Drive it and enjoy it and don't look in the rear view mirror. Life is too short and getting shorter. Enjoy the ride my friend it don't get any better than this.

Sponsored

Greg35

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
' 18 GT350
One thing that I'm noticing is that all 2019 engines are of the GT350R variant. I've seen numerous GT350 engines with the GT350R data tag. Until I see an engine data tag that states otherwise, I think it's safe to move the GT350R changes into confirmed.
Yes, that's what I've noticed on all those that have for one reason or another had their engine replace by Ford, All seem to be 'R' engines....

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
I think anyone who got a new engine in 2019 got the R engine, regardless if the car was an R or not. It would be interesting to see when this trend started. I had mine replaced In January.

Ninjak

Posting from the Shadows
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 2019 Harley Davidson F150 68 GTA
This is very interesting. I had my engine replace second half of May. It is a 19 R engine. So all of these changes made it to my block ?? Most interesting indeed.

Looking at that story, I did read this last week. As a matter of fact I posted it on SVT. While reading it, it did not cross my mind that the changes were made for both blocks. I just read the article and thought man that is some good stuff. Well bloody O...that is some good stuff.
Sponsored