Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Lowers compression.

Unless they figure out a way to offset that, it’ll reduce power.

They could use more timing, but I’d fear they would do that and not disclose it.

Ever hear of the 1999-2000 cobra fiasco?
That was the direct result of ford being a bunch of penny pushers I’ve talked with several workers from MAP that told me flat out they changed shit after the cobra got sae certification to try and get away with cost cutting. A bunch of guys on svt performance started going to the track and doing dyno tests. Well holy shit it’s making 230-250whp and losing to PI mustang gt’s. So ford freaks out and pulls the oh we didn’t know it was down on power it’s a bug brah. Kinda like what Apple did with the 2018 MacBook pros and the I9 then saying it was missing a key in the software. Convincing stuff

Either way it’ll be fine yes a 4 layer gasket would drop compression but ford isn’t that retarded to use that on they’re N/A engine unless they plan on doing a gen 2 voodoo
Sponsored

martinjlm

Retired from GM
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Camaro Fifty SS Convertible
It would be aiming way to low after doing some research I haven't been able to find any talk about a 7gen camaro this would seem to indicate that the car is dead and is just waiting to be terminated.
You’re not digging in the right fields. Plenty of talk about 7th Gen.

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
mid 3s is expected. DCTs are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G once moving, but getting them to launch is always tricky, ESPECIALLY on a rwd STREET tire.
0-60 is about traction. DCT may not 1-2 shift any faster than 10R80. Its also possible 0-60 will require less or no shifts.

0-60 has become obsolete in the era of 500+ rwhp pony cars. Just be prepared to lose to every decent AWD car on the msrket.

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
That was the direct result of ford being a bunch of penny pushers I’ve talked with several workers from MAP that told me flat out they changed shit after the cobra got sae certification to try and get away with cost cutting. A bunch of guys on svt performance started going to the track and doing dyno tests. Well holy shit it’s making 230-250whp and losing to PI mustang gt’s. So ford freaks out and pulls the oh we didn’t know it was down on power it’s a bug brah. Kinda like what Apple did with the 2018 MacBook pros and the I9 then saying it was missing a key in the software. Convincing stuff

Either way it’ll be fine yes a 4 layer gasket would drop compression but ford isn’t that retarded to use that on they’re N/A engine unless they plan on doing a gen 2 voodoo
Agree. Ford shouldn’t, but doesn’t mean they won’t use the 4 layer.

Gen 2 voodoo with gen three coyote fueling system is what I’d love to see.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Besides, if they did; they’d just be giving a nod to the car. And that’s not what they’re trying to do. So they kept the focus on the 500 by mentioning pony cars.....
Again, exactly my point.

Pobst said that the one current car he'd buy for the track would be...the ZL1 1LE. The ONE car the GT500 for certain will be pitted against. It is THE benchmark for track times that Ford needs to outperform. Any and everything else is just gravy.

Sponsored

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
0-60 is about traction. DCT may not 1-2 shift any faster than 10R80. Its also possible 0-60 will require less or no shifts.

0-60 has become obsolete in the era of 500+ rwhp pony cars. Just be prepared to lose to every decent AWD car on the msrket.
yes but im not referencing the shifting of 1-2, and it will absoloutley shift faster than the 1080. Im talking about the first 0-10ft, DCT is unrefined, you dont get the tq converter slippage or manual clutch modulation. its an all or nothing setup, or rather, very generic slippage in the modulation by the tcu, which i feel is why 0-60 wont be "impressive"

But I do agree, 0-60 means nothing in todays world. Im just saying for those few that still care about it, it wont be newsworthy. the MPH in the 1/4 will be

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Agree. Ford shouldn’t, but doesn’t mean they won’t use the 4 layer.

Gen 2 voodoo with gen three coyote fueling system is what I’d love to see.
They could very easily get 550-575hp with duel injection, bigger cams and higher compression

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
You’re not digging in the right fields. Plenty of talk about 7th Gen.
All I can find is forum talk nothing official. Ford has officially said that there is a 7gen Mustang coming but I can find nothing official from GM.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
All I can find is forum talk nothing official. Ford has officially said that there is a 7gen Mustang coming but I can find nothing official from GM.
They’re is nothing but rumors about the 7th gen Camero the same way people think the bronco is going to look like that stupid ass render that got passed around. The general public is pretty retarded when it’s comes to believing anything

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
  1. What's Going On With Team Camaro?
    I'm getting word that with the transfer of Al O from the Camaro program, much of the Camaro Team has been disbanded and moved to other products. There are no plans for any changes or model additions for the 6th gen and will essentially cruise on auto pilot until the end of it's lifespan.

This is from GM inside news

Sponsored

sdiver68

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT PP1 10R80 Vert
Vehicle Showcase
it will absoloutley shift faster than the 1080.
Good points, yes I would say I misread your OP.

I would not be so sure about shift speeds vs 10R80. Ford/GM benchmarked Porsche PDK during 10r80 10R80 developement and claim to beat shift speeds by a considerable margin.

I will say shift speed responsiveness to paddle shiting 10R80 is not nearly as good as PDK. Thats a software issue with Ford I believe, not inherent to the 10R80.

Rothgray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
mid 3s is expected. DCTs are A-M-A-Z-I-N-G once moving, but getting them to launch is always tricky, ESPECIALLY on a rwd STREET tire.
McLaren would like to disagree with you.

Gogoggansgo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT

I would not be so sure about shift speeds vs 10R80. Ford/GM benchmarked Porsche PDK during 10r80 10R80 developement and claim to beat shift speeds by a considerable margin.

I will say shift speed responsiveness to paddle shiting 10R80 is not nearly as good as PDK. Thats a software issue with Ford I believe, not inherent to the 10R80.
DCTs will be faster when using the paddles in both up, down shifts every time but they’re getting really close. BMW is done with DCTs, they said flat out it’s not worth the extra speed for the durability and daily driving issues

SVTSNAKE355

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
hothands
Vehicle(s)
2014 GT500
  1. What's Going On With Team Camaro?
    I'm getting word that with the transfer of Al O from the Camaro program, much of the Camaro Team has been disbanded and moved to other products. There are no plans for any changes or model additions for the 6th gen and will essentially cruise on auto pilot until the end of it's lifespan.

This is from GM inside news
GREAT!!:crackup::cwl::clap:

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500

are you sure the 1080 was benchmarked? Im pretty sure i remember the same thing you said, except it was for the tremec dct..?

McLaren would like to disagree with you.
Touche'
I hope the DCT in a $80k mustang is on par/better than a $350k McClaren :)
Sponsored