Sponsored

Back from getting OptiCoat ceramic yesterday.

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 KB GT, 401A, 6MT, PP1, S&S, MR, AE, B&O / 2005 Toyota Tacoma
This picture doesn't do it justice.

IMG_0679.JPG

The real injustice is that I can't wash it for 2 weeks.
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Shiny:shock:

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I've got Opticoat Pro+ on mine. Really keeps it shiny always. Yeah, the settle in process is a bit crazy.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
How much does this cost? Did you do it yourself?

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
Ugh, if I did a custom order I would've gotten exactly the same color/options you have. But, I didn't feel like waiting. The ceramic looks great. I had mine done last month and it's worth every penny.

Also let me know if you ever want to sell those wheels lol.

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
Second on the how much did they charge you?

I just got a quote of $1,400 for buff an then Opticoat pro +. Not sure if this is a good price or not.

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$1400 for a full hand wash, paint correction where needed (there were some wet sanding marks from the factory), and application to the body, glass, and wheels. Also comes with a free hand wash in two weeks, where they'll show me the "official" wash technique (which, as it turns out, is the same one I've been doing for the last 10 years of black BMW ownership).

Struck me as needlessly spendy, which is why I didn't do it on delivery. Then I found out just how easily this paint picks up scratches (via the massive pollen dump going on for the last month) and bit the bullet.

OP
OP
Zooks527

Zooks527

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ugh, if I did a custom order I would've gotten exactly the same color/options you have. But, I didn't feel like waiting
20 weeks. It was a long slog.

Sponsored

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I have my 2019 Gt Premium since November; have been careful not to drive in bad condtions ( including deer season at night) and have less than 3000 miles. Had the entire front clip wrapped ( bumpers/facia/hood plus two small spots rear of the rear wheels, and the rest is ceramic coated. I've washed the car exactly three times. All it needs is a quick dust off with detailing mix, one moistened micro towel, and a dry one for buffing. Takes about 10 minutes. Good investment in my book. Cost about $2700; I know- it's not cheap, but I'm satisfied.

McGruder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue '19 GT w/ 10 spd
I have my 2019 Gt Premium since November; have been careful not to drive in bad condtions ( including deer season at night) and have less than 3000 miles. Had the entire front clip wrapped ( bumpers/facia/hood plus two small spots rear of the rear wheels, and the rest is ceramic coated. I've washed the car exactly three times. All it needs is a quick dust off with detailing mix, one moistened micro towel, and a dry one for buffing. Takes about 10 minutes. Good investment in my book. Cost about $2700; I know- it's not cheap, but I'm satisfied.
I'm debating doing this. My 19 should arrive within a month. What brand of coating and wrap did you choose?

paul_g

$1400 is not bad. From a detailers perspective, we'll spend roughly 12-16 hours on one vehicle that is getting a coating package. The amount of prep, and insane amount of thoroughly going over the paint to ensure it's uniform and free of contamination and swirls and scratches is nuts. For coatings, we'll typically have the customer drop the car and have it up to three days. So yeah, unless you're having a cave-man do it, $1400 is on the low side..

And with us it just doesn't stop with the paint, we have specific coatings for plastics, wheels, etc... So yeah, a prep & coating by an experienced shop on coatings with good reputation could range from $1200 - $2200 depending.

I had a guy with a big Raptor come in... so yeah... it's a lot of work!

P.S. - To the OP, you're Stang looks amazing! :)

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
I'm debating doing this. My 19 should arrive within a month. What brand of coating and wrap did you choose?
The wrap was Suntek, with a 10 yr warranty. I don't know about the ceramic but it's good for either 2 or 3 years. If you do the wrap make sure you let them wrap the black plastic panel under, and along, the trunk. They warned me it scratches easy, and they're right. Have to take it back and have it done. I saved cost of "paint correction" by installed 4 mudflaps at the dealer's parking lot, then driving at 25 mph to the detailer, who was 1/2 mile away. I've heard of some instances where people have found it cheaper to get the car from the dealer to the detailer on a flatbed, avoiding any "paint correction". Guess it depends where you live.

rocky5517

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
sam
Vehicle(s)
ford explorer 67 riviera
The wrap was Suntek, with a 10 yr warranty. I don't know about the ceramic but it's good for either 2 or 3 years. If you do the wrap make sure you let them wrap the black plastic panel under, and along, the trunk. They warned me it scratches easy, and they're right. Have to take it back and have it done. I saved cost of "paint correction" by installed 4 mudflaps at the dealer's parking lot, then driving at 25 mph to the detailer, who was 1/2 mile away. I've heard of some instances where people have found it cheaper to get the car from the dealer to the detailer on a flatbed, avoiding any "paint correction". Guess it depends where you live.
One more thing- they did the windshield with ceramic. Mirrors with Suntek.
Sponsored