Sponsored

Back from getting OptiCoat ceramic yesterday.

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
A coating isn't going to do a damn thing to prevent scratches
Not entirely true. Coatings can offer SLIGHT resistance to light marring. Also, washing is much easier. Less pressure is needed, and depending, you may be able to just pressure wash. Coated cars blow dry easily. Less wiping with a wash mitt or drying towels - less scratching. So even indirectly, they help with scratching.

That said, I don't tell clients that. Because if you give them an inch, they take a mile. Next thing you know, Karen will come stomping in my shop with a dirty wash brush in hand "THIS SCRATCHED MY CAR YOU LIED TO ME!" and I don't really need that:)

Hand wash and maintain the car as if it wasn't coated, I say. Wash ANYTHING enough, and you'll scratch it. It's unavoidable. But we can try to minimize it. Coating helps with that.
Sponsored

Ray Knight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
If ypu store your car outdoors, ceramic coatings are probably a good idea. If the car is garaged, why not just wax it? You need to keep it clean anyways right? Seems to me a Ceramic would make more sense on a work truck or something.

AusGT19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Billy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Any recommended detailers/applicators in the Houston to Austin area?
I’m going to take mine to Austin Detailing next week. Brian Daly has been doing this for years. This will be my second vehicle there and I’ve recommended numerous friends there as well. They do great work.

https://austindetailing.com/