Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

QWKVUDU23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP - 2019 GT350R - 2018 Raptor
03reptile, My problem with Ford is the lack of transparency and I just informed by dealer that if the car is sitting outside he can cancel my order without asking me first. Building a car to your spec's should be a pleasure not a disheartening task.
I understand your frustration. I'm not as upset about the wait, its about where my car is sitting and Fords lack of communication. I have to say my dealer has been great but they don't have anymore information at this point either. Mine was completed about 4 weeks ago and I am assuming at this point I'm waiting on stripes..or a train...or a plain...or a Uber...IDK. Ford Performance offers no info besides telling me when it was produced and that they have no updates. If its sitting outside in the elements (rain, dirt, dust, bird shit, not to mention critters) I am not OK with that, I could have waited and bought one off a lot somewhere. I also don't understand how dealer stock are getting delivered constantly and special orders are sitting, makes no sense. Either way, the wait continues for now. I will definitely be doing thorough inspection upon arrival and if I don't like what I see then I will have to pass. I was hoping the delays that a lot of you early build guys dealt with were gonna be resolved by the time mine was built, but apparently Ford figured out another way to shit the bed.

On a side note...Ford should just do away with the tracking website and tell its customers "it will get there when it gets there" and avoid any false hopes. My delivery date keeps counting up and my dumb ass keeps looking everyday..
Sponsored

Scoobs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 MG GT350 sold, 2019 MG GT350R KR569

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
Well, miracles never cease! I got a VIN this morning and a build week of 8/5/19. I guess it is the last week of the 19 build. I am hoping to have the car by the end of September. I know Labor Day is much to much to ask for! Just happy I got a VIN and build week. Now the craziness begins. On a side note, I opted for the black roof. It shows on my DORA, but it doesn't show on the Ford Tracking Site. The worry I have is that everything else I got in the car shows on the Ford Tracking Site. Any thoughts? This is supposed to be one of the best weekends, weather wise, here. I wish I had the thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!

orangegrower

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - 2019 Aston Martin Vantage - 2019 Ranger Lariat
Well, miracles never cease! I got a VIN this morning and a build week of 8/5/19. I guess it is the last week of the 19 build. I am hoping to have the car by the end of September. I know Labor Day is much to much to ask for! Just happy I got a VIN and build week. Now the craziness begins. On a side note, I opted for the black roof. It shows on my DORA, but it doesn't show on the Ford Tracking Site. The worry I have is that everything else I got in the car shows on the Ford Tracking Site. Any thoughts? This is supposed to be one of the best weekends, weather wise, here. I wish I had the thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congratulations!!!!

If you car ends up not having the black roof don't worry about it. Just have the roof wrapped in gloss black. No one will ever know and if you get bored with the black roof you can always remove it.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Congratulations!!!!

If you car ends up not having the black roof don't worry about it. Just have the roof wrapped in gloss black. No one will ever know and if you get bored with the black roof you can always remove it.
Great idea! Thanks!

Sponsored

QWKVUDU23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 CFTP - 2019 GT350R - 2018 Raptor
It will show up once your sticker pops up, usually a couple weeks prior to your build. I don't believe it showed the painted black roof on the Ford Tracking website on mine either. Good luck!!

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
Congratulations!!!!

That's what I'm going to do. I didn't order the black, but maybe a wrap is in my forecast.

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
Keep in mind, every GT350 was sitting out in the elements for 4-6 weeks or more after built, even the ones the dealer has on there showroom. This sucks but true.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
It will show up once your sticker pops up, usually a couple weeks prior to your build. I don't believe it showed the painted black roof on the Ford Tracking website on mine either. Good luck!!
Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sparty Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67-Cougar 69-442 77-Trans Am 15 Mustang 18-Mustang pp1 19-Shelby350GT
Dealership called today and relayed more bad news. My built (May 22) Shelby being held due to
stripe issues (Stripes not optioned on my Shelby). Owner of dealership further states that Ford rep gave
several other "vague" reasons why Shelby has not been shipped "steering wheel and transport issues".

I believe that Ford does not have a clue which end is up and further does not give a flying ______
about it's customers. Again it would be nice is someone from Ford could clarify this issue.

Sponsored

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Well there is more than one way to skin a cat! My dealer has been looking for a 2019 GT350 that has already arrived at another dealership and he found one that is an exact clone of the one I ordered in February. I will be driving it by Monday!!!! I'm certainly relieved that I don't have to anguish any longer about when Ford decides to ship my original order. I was concerned about it's reliability due to all the quality holds it experienced and the condition of the paint after it sat in a parking lot for over three months. No more waiting for Ford's inept delivery process to be over.

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
Well there is more than one way to skin a cat! My dealer has been looking for a 2019 GT350 that has already arrived at another dealership and he found one that is an exact clone of the one I ordered in February. I will be driving it by Monday!!!! I'm certainly relieved that I don't have to anguish any longer about when Ford decides to ship my original order. I was concerned about it's reliability due to all the quality holds it experienced and the condition of the paint after it sat in a parking lot for over three months. No more waiting for Ford's inept delivery process to be over.
CONGRATS! VERY HAPPY FOR YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RJay

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 - K1393
Dealership called today and relayed more bad news. My built (May 22) Shelby being held due to
stripe issues (Stripes not optioned on my Shelby). Owner of dealership further states that Ford rep gave
several other "vague" reasons why Shelby has not been shipped "steering wheel and transport issues".

I believe that Ford does not have a clue which end is up and further does not give a flying ______
about it's customers. Again it would be nice is someone from Ford could clarify this issue.
Wow! Being held for stripes and you didn't order any? You know, if you're going to lie, you should at least attempt to be credible. Sounds like they were running down the same BS script they've been selling us for weeks/months:
  • Steering wheel factory in Mexico on strike/burned down (I've been told both)
  • Rail transport issues (Entire USA rail system has collapsed {sarcasm - sorry!})
  • Ford has run out of striping material (whether your car had them or not)
  • Please insert BS story you have been given by your dealer, regional rep, or Ford Performance here!

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Wow! Being held for stripes and you didn't order any? You know, if you're going to lie, you should at least attempt to be credible. Sounds like they were running down the same BS script they've been selling us for weeks/months:
  • Steering wheel factory in Mexico on strike/burned down (I've been told both)
  • Rail transport issues (Entire USA rail system has collapsed {sarcasm - sorry!})
  • Ford has run out of striping material (whether your car had them or not)
  • Please insert BS story you have been given by your dealer, regional rep, or Ford Performance here!
Actually all the stories are true. Although I don't know why a strip less car would wait for strips it wasn't getting? My car was built 4/5 and is somewhere CONUS? I bleed Ford blue but, my patience is fading fast

Ray Knight

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Actually all the stories are true. Although I don't know why a strip less car would wait for strips it wasn't getting? My car was built 4/5 and is somewhere CONUS? I bleed Ford blue but, my patience is fading fast
Ordered mine early March. Getting the runaround too! Finally this week it said 5 days to arrive to the dealer now it says N/A again.

Screenshot_20190608-123702_Chrome.jpg
Sponsored