Who else ordered a 2019 GT350/GT350R

trafficman337

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 Kona Blue W/ Black Stripes and Roof
They can't get rid of the C7's on the lot with the C8 coming out.....huge discounts on Vettes right now.
I have been a die hard Ford guy for 40 years. I did however do a comprehensive comparison. The paint, workmanship and overall performance is in Ford's corner, IMO. It is a bit problematic though when you can't buy or take delivery on the superior car and the inferior one looks at you everyday from inside a Chevy Showroom on your way to work!
Sponsored

DCShelby

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350 Lighting Blue and 2017 Ducati 1299S
Given the amount of turmoil in the supply markets due to the tariff wars coupled with bad weather along with floods and tornadoes affecting shipping, doing a custom order now is very iffy. For example, the steering wheels are made in Mexico....will tariffs be applied to them? Who knows, given that parts and parts of assemblies come from all over the world for cars....from the metal used to cast a block to the ore for it that comes from where ever, and how tariffs (be they fair or not) ....I just scour the existing inventory and buy what’s on the lot and get it in my grubby hands.

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
Hey, any idea why my window sticker is not avaiable on the ford tracking website anymore? Says check back later it has not been released. Which it has 2 months ago, suppose to be shipped this week. Any thoughts?

Jimichrist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
Hey, any idea why my window sticker is not avaiable on the ford tracking website anymore? Says check back later it has not been released. Which it has 2 months ago, suppose to be shipped this week. Any thoughts?[/QUOTE

Wrong VIN # maybe?

Justtoph

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2001 Cobra Convertible, 2017 Ford Raptor, 2019 Shelby Gt 350 Performance Blue, White Stripe, Tech pack,
No, everything is correct, would Ford remove the sticker if it was shipped? If i goto researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html
the sticker is view able. Just seams strange the sticker is not longer available on the ford tracking website.

Sponsored

Jimichrist

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
No, everything is correct, would Ford remove the sticker if it was shipped? If i goto researchmaniacs.com/VIN-Number-Lookup/WindowSticker/Ford.html
the sticker is view able. Just seams strange the sticker is not longer available on the ford tracking website.
Who knows whats going on with the tracking website. Its a tool of the devil as far as I can tell.

enthusiastic9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Mustang Shelby GT350®
The tracker acts weird sometimes. Try clicking again and if it doesn't work, complete your VIN at the end of this string and go to that URL:
http://www.windowsticker.forddirect.com/windowsticker.pdf?vin=1FA6P8JZ

Bird of prey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Gold wing 2020 f-150 pro stock mustang. 2019 Shelby gt 350
I had that happen to my window sticker once. seems like it was back in April.
The window sticker reappeared the following day. with all this ridiculous tariff talk, maybe they took the window sticker down so they could raise the price. ( Joking I hope )
D7FD6CD7-EEE4-48DF-A36F-746554891B3C.jpeg

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
I just spoke with the dealer. The vehicle is scheduled to be built the week of 7-29-19. That will be right at 12 weeks from order to build if the info he has is correct (and does not change).
I just submitted the VIN to the COTUS diablo minutes ago.
I'll be curious to see if what the dealer just told me lines up with what the COTUS says.
I'll report back............

Sponsored

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
Really awful story of one new GT350 owner who's vehicle sat at Flat Rock during some bad weather.

I guess this means we all need to REALLY check our cars when they show up!

https://www.gt350.org/forum/40-must...ues/5858-second-try-i-think-i-might-done.html

Man this sucks!

Speaking of problems......for those of you who have been lucky enough to receive your cars has there been any problems with the front splitter install? My car is still at least a month out but this problem really worries me.......

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
Im seiously thinking of telling my dealer I'm not taking delivery of my 350R, I had enough of Ford bullshit. Car is sitting in the elements for over a month.

Any suggestions?

GForensic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Mach 1/GT500 Owner
In my opinion I would honestly say reorder or find one sitting on the ground......Based on that story I just read from the link in RJay's post it sounds like a lot of people are going to be in for a nasty surprise if their car is or was sitting in Flat Rock all of this time. Mine hasn't been built yet but if it was and I was waiting all this time like you poor guys and gals I would be looking for one on the ground....to me having a car come in that condition brand new is quite shameful and i"ll say it again that Ford should be ashamed of themselves for this whole mess and should do something worthwhile for everyone affected. I get that certain things are out of their control but ZERO communication and the condition that these cars are coming in especially after months of customers waiting is disgusting! I come from the corvette world and will get another Z06 after paying this car off and it's way different. Especially with loyalty discounts....etc. GM is far from perfect but I have always had a much better experience with them. And i have own other mustangs and a GT350 before this so I have experienced both worlds. Night and day as far as I am concerned.

G-

03reptile

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Im seiously thinking of telling my dealer I'm not taking delivery of my 350R, I had enough of Ford bullshit. Car is sitting in the elements for over a month.

Any suggestions?
Woody, believe me, that very thought has crossed my mind more than once. It's been four months since my car was ordered. It's been in the elements since 03/28/2019. I can't understand how the production of the GT350's has become such a debacle!! Ford seems to have taken their vehicle production play-book from Murphy's law! Seems our biggest complaint is the lack of communication and respect for customers who have ordered these Albatross's. I feel like the proverbial mushroom! We are now fed any excuse a Ford chat-line or Ford Performance representative can think to tell us. According to them, they have no definitive answers, either! Who the hell is running the show? I've been told four different reasons for the delays: No steering wheels, Ford ran out of vinyl stripes, shift mechanism needs a new part, and rail-car system is malfunctioning. Take your pick. We may be witnessing the result of Ford's move away from cars and hanging all their future hopes on pick-up trucks and SUV's. The Mustangs seem to have been relegated to the "we'll get to it when we get to it" category. I'm currently in the process of trying to find another GT350 that is already at a dealership and hopefully wangle a dealer exchange. I've ordered 17 new Ford automobiles during my lifetime and have never experienced the communicative incompetence that has occurred with this order. If it were not for my commitment to buying a GT350, I would have gone down to my BMW dealer and bought an M-3. They have plenty of them in stock!! I truly believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end for the Ford Motor Company, as we know it. It always starts with the little things. Ignoring the loyalty of past customers is just the beginning.

Woody25

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Woody
Vehicle(s)
2019 350R
Woody, believe me, that very thought has crossed my mind more than once. It's been four months since my car was ordered. It's been in the elements since 03/28/2019. I can't understand how the production of the GT350's has become such a debacle!! Ford seems to have taken their vehicle production play-book from Murphy's law! Seems our biggest complaint is the lack of communication and respect for customers who have ordered these Albatross's. I feel like the proverbial mushroom! We are now fed any excuse a Ford chat-line or Ford Performance representative can think to tell us. According to them, they have no definitive answers, either! Who the hell is running the show? I've been told four different reasons for the delays: No steering wheels, Ford ran out of vinyl stripes, shift mechanism needs a new part, and rail-car system is malfunctioning. Take your pick. We may be witnessing the result of Ford's move away from cars and hanging all their future hopes on pick-up trucks and SUV's. The Mustangs seem to have been relegated to the "we'll get to it when we get to it" category. I'm currently in the process of trying to find another GT350 that is already at a dealership and hopefully wangle a dealer exchange. I've ordered 17 new Ford automobiles during my lifetime and have never experienced the communicative incompetence that has occurred with this order. If it were not for my commitment to buying a GT350, I would have gone down to my BMW dealer and bought an M-3. They have plenty of them in stock!! I truly believe we are witnessing the beginning of the end for the Ford Motor Company, as we know it. It always starts with the little things. Ignoring the loyalty of past customers is just the beginning.

03reptile, My problem with Ford is the lack of transparency and I just informed by dealer that if the car is sitting outside he can cancel my order without asking me first. Building a car to your spec's should be a pleasure not a disheartening task.
Sponsored