How many GTs are Owned by Seniors?

GregP27

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2007 Nissan Titan; 2010 Hyundai Veracruz; 2019 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP1
Well, if anyone in the Chino, CA area wants to get together and have a "senior muscle cruise," I'm up for it. Maybe we could pick a weekend in mid-June and cruise on a Saturday. All welcome. When I was up in Portland, OR, I bought a 2002 Camaro SS and joined the SS Owner's Association. We made friends with the Mustang Wranglers and the club for Barracudas, too. Had a few few really great cruises with a good cross-section of muscle / pony cars! It was fun.

We should do something like that today down here and have some fun.
Sponsored

Rover

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scotty
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT , Porsche Boxster S, BMW X5d, FORD Transit Diesel, 2500 Ram Diesel, Mazda CX5
Vehicle Showcase
Well, if anyone in the Chino, CA area wants to get together and have a "senior muscle cruise," I'm up for it. Maybe we could pick a weekend in mid-June and cruise on a Saturday. All welcome. When I was up in Portland, OR, I bought a 2002 Camaro SS and joined the SS Owner's Association. We made friends with the Mustang Wranglers and the club for Barracudas, too. Had a few few really great cruises with a good cross-section of muscle / pony cars! It was fun.

We should do something like that today down here and have some fun.
Hi Greg,
Scotty Just down the road form you in Temecula. There are a few of us joined a so cal club here > https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/th...ng-cub-is-now-live.120532/page-2#post-2557940
Hope we can get something going... Looking forward to the Temecula Gosh Ford Cars and Coffee On June 2 and again in Temecula at Coffee Bean Grinders on June 9

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Some of us hinted around for a PP2 section as well, but got crickets ... I'm assuming they are too busy moderating the 2018 Mach l section. :wink:
Since this more closely resembles a regional forum than a model forum, I have hope.

70monte

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang GT
I'm 52 and own a 2014 GT.

Sponsored

RLMJR58

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, pp, Kona Blue
Vehicle Showcase
F4C2179B-5F36-4451-A951-8CAD49A74D55.jpeg

61 and feeling happy to see all these posts from people in my age group... driving around I don’t really see any except in Porsche or corvettes in my area.

Deleted member 35786

I'm about to give up the Sports and muscle cars due to my stinking insurance company for 35 years. I have never had a ticket or an accident since I have been with them. I take the the safe drivers coarse every time I, required. But since the day I turned 80 they have raised my Liability rate tremendously.on both car but the GT twice each time as the SUV. I called and was told they would be going up every renewal. Asked why and she says because they will. Wouldn't tell me it had to do with my age. In 35 years the only claim I had was a chipped windshield repaired NO REPLACED!! Other insurance companies are wih in a few dollars of each other, If I get an estimate and put my age at 78 the cost drops dramatically. So be prepared if you are nearing 80 because these bastards are going to get into your pocket.
Yep, the accident/fatality rate climbs dramatically when we are over 65. And Florida has the highest accident rate of senior drivers in the nation. So no matter what insurance company you talk to, statistics are against us at that age.

https://cdan.nhtsa.gov/tsftables/tsfar.htm#

Deleted member 35786

8B66DE75-E477-4FBA-A0B1-D0F649C9284F.jpeg

Bjstang, that’s a lot of toys and projects in that garage. Very nice! Love that Chevelle. I just have one, love my KTM 450 and enjoy ripping the trails even at 51yrs old.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I am surprised at the number of folks older than me (55 in July) but that is cool for sure.

I bought my 19 this past Friday and skipped the 17's to get the A10, after shifting for the last 25 years I just had enough, and the few times I test drove an Ecoboost or GT with the A10 I was sold. The only photos I have taken were before the ride home for now.

47942262262_8c35ab2cf6_b.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 35786

Being we are older and hearing is sometimes sensitive or diminished in way. Who is running stock exhaust, or catback/axle back etc.. for more noise?

Sponsored

MidwayJ

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Being we are older and hearing is sometimes sensitive or diminished in way. Who is running stock exhaust, or catback/axle back etc.. for more noise?
You could start a separate thread like I did for black wheels. :)

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
stock exhaust, hearing is fine. I do like my black wheels.

dfanucci

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT / 68 Mustang Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Roush tune and exhaust. :-)
Sponsored