Sponsored

Doesn't feel like 460hp...?

McCarthy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Just an observation, but the car just doesn't feel like it has 460hp. It just doesn't seem fast enough for the power rating. I almost wonder if they're a bit generous with the rating from the factory... Car is a 10 speed with 3.55's, I even run 94 octane.

I absolutely love the car, it just feels slower than it's rated for.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
I put 465 at the wheels and think it feels very slow, especially to my 455whp FRS and 450whp Focus ST. I think my friends 18 SS 1LE feels much faster but I put busses on him, I guess it’s just delivery? But I agree, when I read and watched videos on how people felt and acted when they stepped on the loud pedal I was a little disappointed my first time.

Coolmanfoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt
Now I have a 16gt so less power but sort of similar experience. I was out cruising the other day and in normal drive mode the car does seem to take a minute to wake up.

But you put it in sport and keep the engine around 4k rpm and the acceleration is explosive. The pulls from 4-4.5k to redline still shock me. Put pulls from a dig can feel dull.

GOTdaBLACK1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, Shadow Black, MT82D4, PP1
.....But you put it in sport and keep the engine around 4k rpm and the acceleration is explosive. The pulls from 4-4.5k to redline still shock me......
:thumbsup:

Sponsored

TheSnowmanMafia

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
The throttle mapping in sport and track mode make the car feel much more responsive when compared to normal mode.

Put it in wet/snow mode and you'll see how dead and muted it can really feel.

I test drove a base GT and a Premium back to back and had the premium in Track mode and I honest to God thought the sales guy was messing with me and gave me a car with a blower on it.

The throttle just felt that different.

GTFURY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, PP1, 401A, A10, Magneride
I'd add that you also get used to it. I came into the game late with my 2019 GT after driving SUV's for years. I know many of you guys have worked up through various muscle cars, so for you it’s probably more about how the S550 delivers the power but when I finally smashed the loud peddle on mine, I was shocked by the acceleration. Feel slow or not, you’re at the speed limit with the A10 in third gear before you even realize what happened.

My first thought was “Supercharger?? Damn, who needs more power than this?!” and figuring I would get used to it but not knowing for sure. Fast forward just 2,000 miles and I’m already cruising the threads in the forced induction section learning all I can... :giggle:

Last edited:

Sponsored

Smokey613

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Convertible Race Red
Vehicle Showcase
It is definitely a different feel for us coming from driving late model Hemi cars and trucks. The Hemi has a lot of low end torque and really sets you back in your seat like our old muscle cars we grew up driving. I have had to re-learn that this engine likes operating north of 4K rpm. The good thing is I don’t find myself breaking the tires loose as much as I did in my tuned 2011 300C, especially with the “no nanny” tune I had for it. Unless I put it in track mode, this Mustang just hooks up and goes. I will say, I enjoy driving it more than ANY vehicle I have ever owned and that is saying a lot for me. Besides, drop the top and it is really fun!

Some of my past rides:

1965 Olds 442
1967 Camaro RS convertible
1969 Olds 442 W-32
1969 SS396 Chevelle
1974 Z28 Camaro

3D4675C0-6346-4397-8358-7463C26F16A9.jpeg

thedalejrfan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 BULLITT K3985
But you put it in sport and keep the engine around 4k rpm and the acceleration is explosive. The pulls from 4-4.5k to redline still shock me. Put pulls from a dig can feel dull.

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
I was in a Hellcat Redeye last month, the car has almost 800hp. But because of its weigh and magnaride, you don’t feel you’re going fast. When on the highway every other car was “slow”, they were driving on the speed limit, we were going too fast. Don’t get me wrong, I really liked that car, but I prefer the mustang platform better.

Another reason why I bought the EB, is because you won’t need 460hp for normal driving. I know the V8 sound it’s awesome, but even in normal mode I’m going faster than most of the cars around me.

302@12psi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Kona PP2 Recaros
I have the same thought. It isn't till I look in the mirror and see how far behind other cars are do I realize "yeah this thing has some power".
Sponsored