Sponsored

How Much Was Your Ceramic Coating?

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue GT PP1
Just looking to see what others were quoted at or what they paid for to get a full ceramic coating for their mustang. A local shop here with great reviews quoted me at $499 with 1 year warranty, $699 with a 3 year warranty and $999 with a 7 year warranty. As expected, it comes with paint correction and an interior detail. Does this seem like the universal price out there?
Sponsored

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I agree with doing it yourself. If you don't have a way to do it (where you live for example) or the capability (don't know how to clay bar or polish), then yeah get it done by someone else.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Ecoboost NFG
Mine is at the detail shop right now. 650$ CAD including a 3 years warranty.

OP
OP
Nikko

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thought about doing it myself but as someone who has no experience with detailing outside of washing, clay bar, and waxing, I didn't want to risk a first attempt on my mustang. There's also the point of spending money on not just the ceramic kits but also the polisher and compounds which ends up adding up. But my primary reason on looking to get it done at a shop is just for the fact of not having the experience I would like to be comfortable doing it myself.

Sponsored

fiveoboy01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT 400A
All the prices in the OP are too low for a competent installer.

Coating job on a regular size car should start around a grand for a 2-3 year coating and go up from there.

For reference, my pricing is $1550 for a mustang with a 3-year coating, Kenzo service is available(Kenzo is a 4 year top tier coating, more picky paint correction) for $1950.

These guys doing it for $500 are cutting corners. There's no way to make money at that price if you're taking the time to do it right.

EVL-S550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT

Coating job on a regular size car should start around a grand for a 2-3 year coating and go up from there.

For reference, my pricing is $1550 for a mustang with a 3-year coating, Kenzo service is available(Kenzo is a 4 year top tier coating, more picky paint correction) for $1950.

These guys doing it for $500 are cutting corners. There's no way to make money at that price if you're taking the time to do it right.
$1950, lol. Do it yourself. It's not that hard.

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)

It's not because you didn't get a lower price that our price is too low to get an excellent job done. The man who's doing mine has an excellent rating. I've seen is work for the last 7-8 years. Never had a bad review. He's booked 1 year in advance.

OP
OP
Nikko

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Just because there's a lower price doesn't mean they cut corners, its one of the most established shops in my area with plenty of show car customers. Honestly it sounds like you got ripped off considering multiple quotes I've received for a 3 year warranty never went over $1k.

lew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
lew
Vehicle(s)
19 GT, 23 STX 4wd. TT, 19 BMW X4 M40i, 15 800r
I did my Ceramic coating in two full long days that kicked my ass. May have tennis elbow now. I don't think I would volunteer for that job again. But who knows a year from now I may have that second wind. Maybe the next round might be easier.

IMG_1823.JPG

Used a 30$ bottle of Hocossy 9H Liquid Nano from Amazon.

IMG_1818.JPG

$6.50 for Turtle wax polishing compound.
$20 for 12 microfiber cloths
$20 for Claybar and lube.
Car has only 550 mi., less than a month old

Last edited:

Sponsored

O.L.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joël
Vehicle(s)
I'll post pics of my "cheap" job tomorrow.

obgod3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT, PP1, 401A, A10
I wont post publicly but my guy did a fantastic job at https://www.carolinasfinestdetailing.me/

He was reasonable and did a great job, Im very pleased. He will give you pricing quickly, no dicking around.

I drove a couple hours to get this done and happy I did.

rob_s

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Man I should start a shop in your neck of the woods. A guy I trust near me is about $400 for IGL Quartz and $600 for Kenzo, plus about $400 for correction.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Interested in the after pics

OP
OP
Nikko

Nikko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did my Ceramic coating in two full long days that kicked my ass. May have tennis elbow now. I don't think I would volunteer for that job again. But who knows a year from now I may have that second wind. Maybe the next round might be easier.
Did you use a polisher for the compound or hand applied it? Asking since tools and pads not included in your list.
Sponsored