An evening washing and ceramic coating

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Got my Adams Graphene kit today. Decided to go ahead and get started. First up wash and decon. For this step I just used a foam cannon and mega foam, prepped wheels and tires with Griot’s wheel and tire cleaner, and then washed with Adam’s Car Shampoo. Clay barred while washing, rinsed car and dried with my Milwaukee leaf blower. Now comes the best part, it’s been hard for me to not wash the car much over the last month as the paint actually looked good, and I couldn’t find any swirls. After washing and drying I went over the car very carefully with a halogen flash light (works very well at finding swirls.) still, to my surprise couldn’t find any. I have no idea how the car got to me like this, but I’m not complaining.

Went ahead and prepped the car with surface prep that came in the kit, again looked all over the car, no swirls or really any imperfections that a paint correction will fix (found a small dent/scuff in the rear bumper where it appears something hit it :(

Backed the car out into the cul de sac where I had hood light in the late evening sun shining right on the car, just to verify I’m not missing something, looks clean and clear. Went ahead and applied the coating. Man it looks great, can’t wait to see it tomorrow outside in the light. Here are some photos in process, one close up showing the flake in Dark Matter Grey. The garage photo is after finishing the coating. Now it sits and cures over night.

IMG_1265.jpeg

IMG_1264.jpeg

IMG_1266.jpeg
Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
Looks really good. You are lucky, my car was swirled up bad from the dealer washing it multiple times I presume. It was on the lot for a while and got washed several times I figure.

OP
OP

CorvZ061

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Travis
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
I don’t know how mine wasn’t.
Looks really good. You are lucky, my car was swirled up bad from the dealer washing it multiple times I presume. It was on the lot for a while and got washed several times I figure.
I bought it on Memorial Day, it was a left over 2022. It’s been there a while. I was absolutely blown away, that’s why I checked so many times because I was expecting to have to do everything.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I don’t know how mine wasn’t.

I bought it on Memorial Day, it was a left over 2022. It’s been there a while. I was absolutely blown away, that’s why I checked so many times because I was expecting to have to do everything.
That's fantastic. Yeah I got mine a. year ago last Thursday. It's build date was March 21, 2022 and I figure the dealer got it sometime in April so it sat for a couple months too. This was in the height of the high dealer mark up period and it being a premium PP it was a tad expensive. It had some considerable dirt buildup in the engine and trunk jams so I can tell it had accumulated for a while. I bet they ran it thru the auto wash every week or so, although it was on the show room floor the day I went to test drive and buy it.
Sponsored