• Banned

JackImpact

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
I'm looking for a cheap, easy to install way to increase the sound volume of my base stereo. When I'm driving with the windows down, wind whipping, jamming to my 80s and 90s grunge, the sound just sucks.

Is the kit from American Muscle the best way to get this done? https://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-jlaudio-base-stereo-upgrade-1517.html
You are probably paying a lot for them having made the decisions for you, putting it all in one kit. Which may be exactly what you wanted, to make it easier.

If youre looking to spend for per volume and just getting everything you need at once than probably that will do it for you.

Although you may be able to assemble the same kit, with better parts at the same if not lower price from perhaps crutchfield or sonicelectronics.

My audio enthusiast friends love Sonic, but I think Crutchfield is better. Their website is nicer, their CS is better. Pricing wasnt really any different.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
X2. Crutchfield.

JackImpact

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Also, you wont get crap for real audio support from AM (thats not really their thing, its not their fault) as you will from crutchfield.

OP
OP
NoVaGT

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
  • Banned
Does Crutchfield have a complete kit for my car? Or can they put one together?

Sponsored

JackImpact

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jack
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
Does Crutchfield have a complete kit for my car? Or can they put one together?
They can for sure help you build a kit, depending on your budget and how far you want to go.

You may notice a huge increase just from swapping out the stock speakers, with no additional amplification.

The stock speakers in 90% of cars, arent heavy enough to even be paperweights.

Are you planning on installing yourself, or pay a shop to do it?

**SIDE NOTE**

It may be very much worth your while to invest in sound deadening, while this adds weight to the car which may not be something you want to do, the amount of vibration noise it will reduce in your door panels can help bring more sound into the interior of the car and can be done very affordably while you are already doing the door speakers anyway.

I personally use (you probably wont need this many feet)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00URUIKAK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
On Crutchfield's website you can enter your car's information and can search for only equipment that will fit in the stock speaker openings. They also sell wiring and mounting kits.

StangTime

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
19' GT PP1 Manual
One of the biggest problems with the stock Ford systems is the factory EQ curve and variable loudness they apply to the signal before it get's amplified. If you do upgrade the speakers, I highly recommend getting Forscan and an ELM327 ODB programmer (with HS/MS switch) to disable the EQ on the ACM module and provide a flat response. If you go one step further and add any external amplifiers, you can also program the ACM module to provide line level output's and you can eliminate the need for a LOC (line output converter). There are many threads on the subject in the forums.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Not to hijack the thread, but what are the impedance ratings for the front component speakers respectively? Are they 8-ohm or 4-ohm?

I believe the rears are 4-ohm...

...So, if the fronts are 8-ohm wired in parallel, then they'll have a balanced 4-ohm circuit going to the stereo. If they are 4-ohms, then they would be running the front speaker channels at 2-ohms respectively.

Anyone know exactly?
Sponsored