Edelbrock E-Force Troubleshooting Manual

jfccac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT A6
Yep there the ones that came in my kit too.

Even states 50lb in the EB paperwork.

This is the spec on Bosch website

https://www.bosch-motorsport-shop.com.au/547cc-min-ev14-injector~4308

Below is a excerpt of a PM between me and Edelbrock tech. Hope this helps.

1. Me - OK so i got the 1586 kit. It appears it has 50lb injectors. How much rwhp are they good for?

2. ET - We call them 50lb injectors, but they are actually the same injectors as these: https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-9593-LU47

3. Me - How much rwhp do these support?

4. ET - Usually in the low 600 range. Slightly more if you have a BAP.

If you are getting the car custom tuned, it may be helpful to consult with the tuner on what injectors that prefer depending on your power goal.
Sponsored

CraigJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT, 97 Westfield SEW
There is no foam sound deadening on the kit like the original intake so you hear the injectors opening.

I put some heat resistant sound deadening on the under side of the supercharged covers but it made very little difference.

OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I put some heat resistant sound deadening on the under side of the supercharged covers but it made very little difference.
Same. 2 layers of dynomat hood liner under each coil cover and one each side over the fuel rail and down the side of the blower. It attenuated it a little bit, but not much.

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
It’s not that I wasn’t happy with EB tune..it did work for me find out. Car idle alright. But once you turned it off and tried to start the car back up, it wouldn’t crank less you feathered the pedal as it tries to die. Car wouldn’t go over 4k rpms. Throttle plate would close and shut power down on the car. Don’t get me wrong the supercharge is awesome! I am super happy with it! I did save a ton of money getting this kit. But shelling out another $1500 on tune/BAP/ injectors/IAT brass plug and harness did sting a little. I did send logs (many) to EB but didn’t get a response back. How long was I suppose to wait???
I would not be happy if my car drives the way you described above. A car should pull smooth through the entire rpm band without bucking, shuttering or hesitating. I would also think it should start easy and idle steady as well.

Sponsored

Dun5

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 15 Premium
Anyone else notice the injectors that came with this kit are really loud?
You think the 47lb are loud you should hear the DW95’s....lol From inside the car they are extremely loud. I really don’t care how loud they are, the extra power make up for it. I only drive my car on the weekends so it’s not so bad.

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
You think the 47lb are loud you should hear the DW95’s....lol From inside the car they are extremely loud. I really don’t care how loud they are, the extra power make up for it. I only drive my car on the weekends so it’s not so bad.
Well I'm trying to track down another tapping noise, I'm starting to suspect all the problems with this kit hurt my engine. I have a really loud tapping at the back of the motor now that I hear very clearly in the car.

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Eek!!

I’m really hoping it’s nothing serious for you!!!!!

There’s a TON of smart guys here, maybe post up a sound clip for them...

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
@ForYourOwnGood have you checked the fuel line extension to make sure it's not the injector noise transmitting back to the firewall area? Also maybe check your ball joint exhaust coupler on the driver side (extra weight paired with more violent engine movement).

I was freaked out about all the clicking/etc after my install and bought a car stethoscope to track down the noises. The only things I was ever able to find were 1. the ticking injectors (dynamat hoodliner), 2. the whirring rear bearings (just have to live with it), 3. a buzz at cold start coming from the starter cover/scatter shield plate (piece of dynamat on the lower piece).

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
@ForYourOwnGood have you checked the fuel line extension to make sure it's not the injector noise transmitting back to the firewall area? Also maybe check your ball joint exhaust coupler on the driver side (extra weight paired with more violent engine movement).

I was freaked out about all the clicking/etc after my install and bought a car stethoscope to track down the noises. The only things I was ever able to find were 1. the ticking injectors (dynamat hoodliner), 2. the whirring rear bearings (just have to live with it), 3. a buzz at cold start coming from the starter cover/scatter shield plate (piece of dynamat on the lower piece).
Yeah I have checked several things but this is a very distinct noise. I can't seem to get a good recording of it though. It sounds like a bearing noise and changes with RPM.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Jobodizo

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yeah I have checked several things but this is a very distinct noise. I can't seem to get a good recording of it though. It sounds like a bearing noise and changes with RPM.
Huh. Sorry you're having problems. I would 100% grab a stethoscope off of Amazon (like $10) to figure out exactly where it's coming from. If you're getting tapping from the blower bearings vs crank, etc..

Is it all of the time RPM dependent, or only on cold starts. Is it possible you're hearing retarded timing slack on the timing chains for example?

(Stop me if you've already thought through all of this, lol. Not trying to rub salt in the wound.)

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Huh. Sorry you're having problems. I would 100% grab a stethoscope off of Amazon (like $10) to figure out exactly where it's coming from. If you're getting tapping from the blower bearings vs crank, etc..

Is it all of the time RPM dependent, or only on cold starts. Is it possible you're hearing retarded timing slack on the timing chains for example?

(Stop me if you've already thought through all of this, lol. Not trying to rub salt in the wound.)
I do have one and I am having a hard time tracking it other than I can tell its in the rear drivers side of the motor, possibly up high. We'll see what happens.

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
I do have one and I am having a hard time tracking it other than I can tell its in the rear drivers side of the motor, possibly up high. We'll see what happens.
Could it possibly be the supercharger rotors? I'm hearing some noise but definitely sounds like the rotors spinning, other than that, my car is running really well. Can't get a video of the sound?

ForYourOwnGood

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue 5.0
Could it possibly be the supercharger rotors? I'm hearing some noise but definitely sounds like the rotors spinning, other than that, my car is running really well. Can't get a video of the sound?
I doubt it but I'll keep an eye on it. Seems to be running fine. I replaced the evap purge solenoid and that cleared up a lot of the idle issues. It still has a weird stumble at very low throttle but feels very strong wide open now.

HA8N3RO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange Mustang GT
I doubt it but I'll keep an eye on it. Seems to be running fine. I replaced the evap purge solenoid and that cleared up a lot of the idle issues. It still has a weird stumble at very low throttle but feels very strong wide open now.
I had a similar hesitation, but added the hose clamps to the supercharger as suggested earlier in the thread as well, and the hesitation went away for me.
Sponsored