Sponsored

Performance Package Specs

kinchy48

I understand the PP offers unique wheels/tires/radiator/Brembos and suspension "tuning". Is there a source where the specs (specific details on the PP struts, springs, sway and strut bars are indicated? My 19 premium GT seems to handle fine given its mission as a DD. That said, I might get bored and decide to upgrade to the factory PP components. Is there a provider that offers the PP components as a package?
Thanks

Wayne
Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

kinchy48

Track pack is the stepup from what comes on the Performance Pack. If he just wants to match PP specs (with a drop), it would be the Street Handling Pack. I'd say go with the Track one between those two options though.
Great it keeps getting better. Thanks gentlemen

Sponsored

dbegley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Performance Package 401a
Vehicle Showcase
The Ford Street Performance package is the same setup as the PP package except for the springs. The Street package has lowering springs and the PP package does not. I have not been able to find any info on the PP springs but I do know for a fact on my 2017, the Street package is the PP pacakage except for the springs. I can purchase the springs only to add to my 2017 PP which is supposed to lower my car 1" from where it sits now. There are other vendors who offer similar packages. By the way, the Ford springs are progressive coil springs. That includes the stock springs, the Street and Track packages and on the GT 350. Read an interesting article from the company that provides the springs to Ford. Comparing progressive VS linear springs, the progressive not only give a better ride, but actually provide better handling than linear springs.

canyon ed

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
ED
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Convertible Premium Auto W/PP1 NVRMADE
The Ford Street Performance package is the same setup as the PP package except for the springs. The Street package has lowering springs and the PP package does not. I have not been able to find any info on the PP springs but I do know for a fact on my 2017, the Street package is the PP pacakage except for the springs. I can purchase the springs only to add to my 2017 PP which is supposed to lower my car 1" from where it sits now. There are other vendors who offer similar packages. By the way, the Ford springs are progressive coil springs. That includes the stock springs, the Street and Track packages and on the GT 350. Read an interesting article from the company that provides the springs to Ford. Comparing progressive VS linear springs, the progressive not only give a better ride, but actually provide better handling than linear springs.
I am building a NVR MADE 17 GT Conv. PP1 Auto and decided to go with 3.55 LS,Front Brembos and 15 inch rotors, Koni Adj. Struts and Shocks W/ Ford Blue springs and Eibach adj. Front and Rear Sway bars so far. Note it dropped the car about 1 inch. Next is the Gauge and Radiator upgrade.

Last edited:

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
I am building a NVR MADE 17 GT Conv. PP1 Auto and decided to go with 3.55 LS,Front Brembos and 15 inch rotors, Koni Adj. Struts and Shocks W/ Ford Blue springs and Eibach adj. Front and Rear Sway bars so far. Note it dropped the car about 1 inch. Next is the Gauge and Radiator upgrade.
Ed,
Let me know what you plan to do re: the gauges. You appear set on the suspension. I'm jealous.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
Do you have a source on that? @BmacIL this is probably similar to what I remember seeing before.

Sponsored

kinchy

Kinchy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Wayne
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium - Magnetic Black Accent -Manual Previous was 2016 GT Premium PP-Magnaflow -Short Throw Shifter
Your reasoning of being perfectly logical and realistic is not acceptable in this forum...

And I fully approve.
True, it sounds like I'm simply another loser justifying his decision to save $4000. But permit me to ramble.
Yes, the 16 PP handled better and provided increased road feel than my 19 does. That said, not by leaps and bounds.
I'm sensing a better set of sneakers, sway bars and strut tower bar may be in my future. The PP option does provide challenges.
First and foremost - no spare unless you plan on packing two different size 19"s. Second, you live in NJ- plan on a set of high performance blizzacks
and wheels. That's $2000, hopefully one has space to store four summer sneakers. Last issue [albeit minor] cleaning those wheels sucks.
All that being said I do miss the 6 piston Brembo's and the Michelins. I'm having fun with the active exhaust, rev match and trans/clutch which appears
improved over the 16. Totally forgotten the PP or lack there of.
Well, maybe a new set of wheels? with the new sneakers?...and change out the quad tips to larger more sinister alternatives.....
W

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
True, it sounds like I'm simply another loser justifying his decision to save $4000. But permit me to ramble.
Yes, the 16 PP handled better and provided increased road feel than my 19 does. That said, not by leaps and bounds.
I'm sensing a better set of sneakers, sway bars and strut tower bar may be in my future. The PP option does provide challenges.
First and foremost - no spare unless you plan on packing two different size 19"s. Second, you live in NJ- plan on a set of high performance blizzacks
and wheels. That's $2000, hopefully one has space to store four summer sneakers. Last issue [albeit minor] cleaning those wheels sucks.
All that being said I do miss the 6 piston Brembo's and the Michelins. I'm having fun with the active exhaust, rev match and trans/clutch which appears
improved over the 16. Totally forgotten the PP or lack there of.
Well, maybe a new set of wheels? with the new sneakers?...and change out the quad tips to larger more sinister alternatives.....
W
First mods I always tell people are Steeda subframe braces or BMR lockout kit 2. And wheels and tires.

Zinc03svt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
stang
Does everybody pay retail for there car these days? My 18 GT pp1 option did not cost me 4 grand...

What the Fek...

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
.......the Ford springs are progressive coil springs. That includes the stock springs......Read an interesting article.....Comparing progressive VS linear springs, the progressive not only give a better ride, but actually provide better handling than linear springs.
Can you provide a link to this article? The OEM PP1 springs are progressives?

As far as providing better handling, that's just the manufacturers opinion, it should be taken with a grain of salt.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Does everybody pay retail for there car these days? My 18 GT pp1 option did not cost me 4 grand...

What the Fek...
I'll bite.

What did your PP1 option cost you?
Sponsored