Sponsored

2018 Active Exhaust Install Guide

fairplayinc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible
So the one circled is relay 59 (active exhaust). See how it’s turned 180 degrees? Are you saying that I need to turn it 180 degrees and reinsert? All of the others are going the same way...
E3086287-9D50-46B3-B4C0-0BFC4BEC703E.jpeg
Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT convertible 6 speed
Are you getting power? It was posted a while back that the power relay is installed such that now power flows if it's not factory installed. So you'll need to flip that relay around if you haven't already.
I didn't have that issue. I just installed mufflers, changed the programming in forscan and it worked.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
IDK kind of inconclusive. Mine seem to be facing the opposite way, and that particular relay is facing the same as yours.

FUSES.jpg

fairplayinc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible
Are you getting power? It was posted a while back that the power relay is installed such that now power flows if it's not factory installed. So you'll need to flip that relay around if you haven't already.
Are you talking about relay number 59?

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
Interesting...my car has the plug in the back, but no relay is installed :(

I guess I hit the “no AE for you” stop. Glad I haven’t invested any money yet.

jake_zx2

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue 2018 GT
Vehicle Showcase
What exactly do you mean by this? Mine is a late 2018 model, and mine only works intermittently. I got new wiring harnesses for it, and it's still being buggy

fairplayinc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible
I flipped the relay. No change. Still no working AE. All brand new parts and forscan stuff is done. I get the exhaust modes in the dash. They just have no impact in the valve. Valve stays open.

Sponsored

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I flipped the relay. No change. Still no working AE. All brand new parts and forscan stuff is done. I get the exhaust modes in the dash. They just have no impact in the valve. Valve stays open.
I don't know if you mentioned it, but did you check that the fuse was present?

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yes. Fuse is present and not blown. Really bummed at the moment.
Is the dash giving any error messages like active exhaust not available? Do you get the active exhaust menu?

fairplayinc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP1 Convertible
Is the dash giving any error messages like active exhaust not available? Do you get the active exhaust menu?
It is not. I have the exhaust mode options, but no error. I also took a multimeter and checked the plug and am getting power so I have no idea what the problem is. Maybe the 2019 has a different configuration in forscan?

88lx50

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It is not. I have the exhaust mode options, but no error. I also took a multimeter and checked the plug and am getting power so I have no idea what the problem is. Maybe the 2019 has a different configuration in forscan?
The programming was different between the digital dash and the analog dash. Just throwing it out there but you did the programming correctly? I can't see them changing it for the 2019 model year but anything is possible. The curious part is, when I did the programming and had not installed the mufflers, I was getting an error message. I would think if there was a problem with your system, an error message would pop up like guys who had shorts in the wiring that needed repair.
Sponsored